The War Within Hotfixes - September 18

I do. How are those working for you on boss abilities at the End of Delves? Let me know what your secret to success is.

I was wondering why Machine Warden was in my title choices.

So pissed at the wax rewards! Every source of valor stones is a chore, most world quest in this expansion are a pain in the butt to complete, even sky-riding quests are dull and un-inspiring.

God-forbid players be able to do open world activities and keep competitive. You must be grinding 24/7 doing delves/dungeons/Raid, otherwise you shouldn’t be able to participate.

Worst thing they could have just added a cap per day or week so that casual players could keep doing that and avoid abuses from other players.

2 Likes

Need to get some attention on the bug affecting many regarding reset this week. Main can basically not progress. Caches yield no loot/keys, no profession gain, missing weeklies… Many posts in bug report and other, but no acknowledgment anywhere of an issue.

At least my alts are ok, maybe time for a new main?

Where or how do I get this recipe?

never mind I found it :slight_smile:

bump please fix

I would like to formally complain and protest the wax nerf. This is such old blizzard ruining fun for no gd reason. We’re already capped by crests why do they need to nerf valorstones as well? 2 valor stones per? Why is Blizzard determined to delete any potentially rewarding open world content that isn’t just spamming dungeons?

1 Like

I don’t know why people are complaining about the wax nerf, it’s a boring activity you can now ignore.

Stones just need to be deleted, upgradable loot only uses crests.

Then maybe nerf higher tier delves because they’re basically impossible to solo as a DPS. I’m getting 2-3 shot by autos I have to go into prot to solo them.

3 Likes

But… why? Literally who was complaining about this? This is such a typical Blizzard move fixing a problem that doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

So … any word on guild bank and war bank items that were reporting as missing? Are you all still working on restoring the items? Are we just out of luck? Inquiring minds want to know!

But still no fixes to char hound, vile field. mother of chaos, overlord, Demon tyrant, or doomguard… they still will stand there, often wait 2 - 6 seconds before starting the animation to attack, then cast, and if the target is kited away, moves out of range, or pillars… the Demon will stop, move to get in maximum range and line of sight, wait a second or two again, restart their attack cast time animation, and if everything works out just right and the target doesn’t move, then the demon will attack for the same damage that 2 or 3 shadow bolts would have done in the same time with 8 seconds to spare. This is the single biggest fail in demonology i have seen in 18 years of playing the spec. This entire season is wasted playing demonology and BM (don;t get me started on BM failings).

So wait. Delves were sold as solo content for casual players. But you nerf them, making them absolutely trivial for groups? Well, I guess I should not be surprised.

They never scaled them for group content to begin with. This was an issue i reported on the beta long ago.

So uh,

Can we get Dawnweave and Duskweave drops looked at?

Or is it intended that they be non-existent l?

4 Likes

Regardless, they are braindead easy in a group and they reward better gear than M0 @ T8 which I’m watching groups just plowing through them like they are normal dungeons.

You never said bosses. IDK I run with pally tank so not really my problem. Perhaps you should try shadow for silence, you have options.

Yep again this is why I was so shocked that they did no scaling whatsoever even on the beta. I’m sure eventually they will do something, I mean they kind of have to tbh.

Can you give holy and disc an interrupt then or are we just not allowed to solo high tier?

September 11, 2024

Classes

• Mage
    • Frost
      • The Death’s Chill aura will now be removed alongside Ice Form.
      • Frost Splinterstorm will now correctly apply Winter’s Chill to shielded targets.

Delves

• Fixed an issue causing some trinkets to drop for the wrong specialization in Delves.
  • Fixed an issue where killing a group buffed by Zekvir’s Influence could fail to count for extra rewards.
  • Fixed an issue where Web Spreaders can target stealthed and invisible players.
  • Weekly Quest delve icons have been moved slightly to make it easier to see if a delve is bountiful or not.
  • Tak-Rethan Abyss
    • Added an exit button to the Kobyss Killer vehicle.

Dungeons and Raids

• Nerub-ar Palace
    • Fixed an issue where the Caustic Skyrazor in the Ascending Reach could sometimes fail to Wicked Dive the platform.
    • Resolved an issue where some abilities could unintentionally pull creatures in the pulsing pit.
    • Rasha’nan
      • Resolved an issue which could cause Rasha’nan to become unkillable upon death.
      • Resolved an issue where Infested Spawn could spawn after Rasha’nan’s death.
    • The Silken Court
      • The fight will now correctly go to the next phase if boss health is lowered very quickly.

Events

• Players in a raid group should now get World Quest credit when killing the World Bosses in each zone.
  • The Aggregation of Horrors world boss in the Ringing Deeps should no longer react to players while its shield is up.
  • Fixed an issue where Memory of Clodgran holograms were not respawning during the Theater Troupe play “Forget Me Not.”
  • Fixed an issue where too many enemies could spawn during the Theater Troupe play “Cruelty of Dornic.”

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue where class set tokens were Bind-on-Pickup, rather than Warbound-until-Equipped as intended.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Warbound-until-Equipped gear from seasonal legacy dungeons to generate at lower item levels than intended.
    • Developers’ notes: This fix is not retroactive. We hope to be able to address the low ilvl items in an upcoming hotfix.

Player versus Player

• Resolved an issue where “Preserving in Arenas” was not correctly incrementing quest credit.

Professions

• Alchemy
    • Meticulous Experimentation will no longer allow you to experiment with herbs that have no possible discoveries until all discoveries are found. Wild Experimentation remains unchanged due to specialization benefits.
    • [With realm restarts] The achievement Overflowing Algari Flasks should no longer require a criteria that does not exist.
    • Potions - Bulk Production (20) now grants Fleeting Healing Potions to classes (not specializations) that can never use mana when crafting Algari Mana Potion, Slumbering Soul Serum, or Cavedweller’s Delight.
  • Engineering
    • Crowd Pummeler 2-30 now requires a confirmation prompt to learn. The cooldown of Invent is now 20 hours (was 24 hours).
    • Inventor’s Guile now persists through death and cannot be right-clicked off.
  • Herbalism
    • Fixed an issue where the Artisan Gardening Hat was preventing equipping Alchemy Profession Hats and vice versa.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where enemies were not respawning quickly enough for the quest “No More Bread”.
  • Arathi Supplies now last for twice as long once spawned for “Recovery Job” and are placed in more centralized locations.