The War Within Hotfixes - September 18

The issues on rasha’nan in dawnbreaker are still not fixed by the way. Even if u say they are…

This has not been fixed i have 5 keys and have opened a bountiful no retroactive completion of the “bountiful Delves” quest

Is there any real reason why “Memories of The Sky” takes 3 weeks to complete? It’s just a side quest about finding lost objects that gives no actual rewards, why is it timegated for so long?

1 Like

Fun detected, can’t have that. I hate how it turned into a zergfest at the end of last season. If we had 2 tanks we wouldn’t even wait for a single tower. We should have to summon Ivus at least some of the time, that’s way more engaging than a 5 minute match.

1 Like

Oh noes! Bring the big bad NPC back!

Keep buffing them every season as well, don’t let them become noodles!

1 Like
  • Fixed an issue where some Legion quests were unable to be completed once The War Within had been started.

I still can’t get quests don’t on my paladin in Legion.
Khadgar is not in the violet citadel nor is he giving quests on the Broken Shore.
I cannot turn in “The Council’s Call” (leads to other legion weapon skin variants for transmog).
I cannot turn in “Magic Message” (which is crucial for the paladin class/mount question to buy the item off the vendor in disguise).
I cannot pick up “A Falling Star” (which is crucial for the paladin class/mount questline) despite the map showing it’s there.

A side note: I couldn’t turn in “A Falling Star” on my monk because of “the middle teleport bug”, but that was resolved. I can turn it in there, but you cannot pick up the initial quests.

didn’t even need tanks, i was tanking Drek with 4 towers as unholy. its funny once, but not when its every game. they need to put the pvp back into epics.

If I walk in on my Remix character and cannot survive normal activities you are doing it wrong Blizz.

I get it that M+11 (was: 23) keyrunners are going to paste things a bit flatter and probably a lot faster - than my “just dinged 70, got handed remix boost like gear and told good luck” character

but making everyone who tries out the new land feel like we get to drown because your math team didn’t plan for both raiders and walk-first-then-maybe-we-run players?

UGH

Why the hell do I bother? Is this the respect “the player behind the keyboard” is going to keep getting?

4 Likes

That would be a lot easier if it didn’t require exiting the game and a google search to get to these bug forums.

From BattleNet all you get sent to is forums about Bnet itself. I mean, yes, Bnet is seriously broken recently too.

Nice… let’s fix anything that may be interpreted as fun or convenient for the player but leave all the things we actually want addressed (Where’s the universal transmog unlock that was supposed to be part of the LAUNCH of the game?)

Beatings will continue until morale improves.

1 Like

Yeah it’s odd being shamed for doing objectives and killing other players in a bg. It needs to be impossible to meetup on the hill and go straight in.

2 Likes

I understand perfectly that scaling works by character level instead of by player skill level or worn-equipment gear level.

Their grand efforts to make it “exciting” for max-skill players is going to guarantee that returnees to the game after a long absence are crushed under heel, if they even manage to live THAT long.

1 Like

I don’t have to do those things, I have 2 monitors and I have the forums bookmarked. Haven’t seen any prolonged issues with bnet either.

August 29, 2024

Characters

• Fixed an issue where Chasm Makers in Azj-Kahet could get stuck in combat.

Classes

• Demon Hunter
    • Aldrachi Reaver
      • Fixed an issue with Art of the Glaive not respecting line-of-sight.
      • Fixed an issue with Preemptive Strike not respecting line-of-sight.
  • Evoker
    • Preservation
      • Fixed an issue where Lifespark and Call of Ysera were incorrectly increasing the healing of Living Flames cast by Afterimage and Leaping Flames if the buff was active when they occurred.
  • Rogue
    • Deathstalker
      • Fixed an issue where rogues fighting low-health enemies could find themselves in a state where Darkest Night was not correctly applied.

Delves

• Fixed an issue where the player’s health bar could get in the way of some mini-game puzzles.
  • Earthcrawl Mines
    • Fixed an issue preventing players from entering the main room.
  • Tak-Rethan Abyss
    • The “Niffen’s Aid” ability will no longer aggro neaby enemies.

Dungeons

• Cinderbrew Meadery
    • Fixed an issue where a Brew Drop reaching I’pa sometimes shielded the boss for an incorrect value and didn’t inflict party damage.

Events

• Fixed an issue where quest objective objects were not appearing on the step ‘Very Important Earthen’ during the Theater Troupe event.

Items and Rewards

• Ravenous Honey Buzzer is now usable while you’re shapeshifted.
  • Shadowed Essence damage is now properly reduced for tank and healer specializations.

Player versus Player

• Warlock
    • Fixed an issue where Infirmity would not clear after a Battleground or Arena ends.

Professions

• The Severed Threads Pact buffs “Weaver’s Tutelage” and “Weaver’s Prodigy” will now properly enhance the players’ crafting and profession abilities.
  • Jewelcrafting
    • Improved the rate of prospecting gems for Bismuth, Ironclaw Ore, and Aqirite. This affects both baseline chances as well as the increase based on item quality.

Quests

• Trying to abandon “Special Assignment: Bombs from Behind” should no longer teleport you back to the Weaver’s Lair.
  • Players who abandoned the quest “Gear Enchanting” can now successfully complete the quest again. From now on, the quest will auto complete if the player has already cast “Enchant Ring - Glimmering Haste” item given by the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where Bushy Weeds creatures were not repopulating quickly enough on “Thespians at the Proscenium”.
  • Players who enter the “Awakening the Machine” event, qualify for the weekly quest “Gearing Up for Trouble,” and have not previously picked up the quest will have it pushed to them.
  • The quest “Renown of Khaz Algar” has been removed from the War Within Campaign and is now available to characters with any of the Khaz Algar renown factions below level 4.

User Interface

• Players who have the “Arc Emitter” extra action Button on their screen can resolve the issue if they relog.
1 Like

Someone at Blizz must have noticed my gameplay earlier today, after I completed the event then found the quest afterward and made the walk of shame back over to run it all over again. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

When will the Mosswool Polymorph be fixed for Alliance Players? (Only works for Horde)

The change to epic BGs is a mistake.

3 Likes

Does this mean Faerin will spawn finally? I also don’t have any world quests.

Thank you so much, for this! ! ! I am incredibly grateful. :heart:

The art for the weapons is so pretty. :heart:

/Sat

Are we not going to discuss the immersion breaking audio cutting out after every cutscene? I was… WAS… heavily invested in the story since the voice acting was so improved this go round that it kept me logging in.

Now all the hard work y’all did is ruined simply from the audio breaking every cutscene and afterwards all voice acted NPCs are broken too. Checking around, tons of ppl are having this issue so its not just me.

C’mon guys. you wanna keep player retention, then fix things that make players WANT to play.

2 Likes