The War Within Hotfixes - October 3

Well delves were fun while they lasted. I really thought we had the fun Blizzard back for a second :confused:

6 Likes

Agreed, back to the mindless slog of M+ where at least we know as a group of 5 we can at least not be 1 shot by unavoidable mechanics.

4 Likes

So let me get this straight? Now that the top 1 percent has all the Delves they need you make them absolutely impossible to do muchless enjoy as a group. This was supposed to be role agnostic 15 minute content. I just took a group of 604 ilvl into an 8 and due to the brown mechanic on a brown train track in a brown cave on a brown floor with a brown swirly and a .5 second cast time. We wasted a BROWN 30 minutes. Just revert the hotfix, it was just champion gear. I shouldnā€™t need mythic gear to complete it.

5 Likes

FWIW, Iā€™m still clearing. But I have to toggle specs between packs, to make sure I have an optimal loadout per pull. Trying to pull a boss in my CC build is a guaranteed life lost.

Weā€™re basically back to the days of ā€œwait for lust timer before trash pullā€.
(Which they hopefully will not fix by adding a timer, and irredeemably damage the mode.)

3 Likes

oh great. Thatā€™s sounds horrible. You shouldnā€™t have to do that. =(

2 Likes

I agree somewhat, but Iā€™m also fine doing fine-tuning optimizations in hard content.

If it was hard group content, where my ability to clear was based on pre-defining loadouts and waiting for everyone to switch? Iā€™d just quit and wait for the game to course-correct.

Waiting for people to change builds between bosses in Castle Nathria was a really bad player experience Iā€™ve had. This was back when you could only change specs in rested areas, and we were basically summoning everyone back after spec changesā€¦ :nauseated_face:

1 Like

This is how I felt about Awakening the Machine. I got DCā€™d on level 20. Now I canā€™t get past level 18. Stuff like this is why I end up giving up for the rest of the expansion.

3 Likes

595, tier 8s are still possible solo but they just require so much LoS, CC, and self-healing Iā€™m not even going to bother with delves anymore and just do M+ next week.

Whatā€™s the point of needing a full set of 606+ gear to do a delve that rewards (only if you have a key) the same ilvl?

Blizzard moment.

7 Likes

Congrats, been gone for 15 years to come back to finally be able to play solo sinceā€¦ finding a guild sucks/like dating. a Elite in mines has no business with 80m+ hp and hits like a truck and isnā€™t even the boss.

Now with this you have nerfed pretty much every raid finder/solo opportunity for people like me. The game is no longer fun now when all you do is die.

5 Likes

dunno i tried soloing mines on t7 which was a cake walk yesterday only to findmyself getting destroyed and not even at the last boss yet.

2 Likes

This pretty much. Delves are dead for most people until they are nerfed and useless (for gear progression) for anyone that does m+ unless they are nerfed today or tomorrow

5 Likes

T9 suggests 610 avg ilvl.

Weā€™re you doing these solo? In a group? Weā€™re you and or everyone in that bracket?

1 Like

SUPER stoked they fixed delves. I was worried I was enjoying another form of content! Iā€™m glad they turned it to dead content so quickly. Back to picking herbs for M+ and raids and less delves for achievements/that one staff that will be obsolete next week I managed to get 3 times XD. :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m fine with the rez change, but solo having 5 lives vs a group having 5 lives is a bit much. One wipe and you basically call the delve, whereas you wipe solo, you get 4 more tries. Seems an oversight to not multiply the available lives x group members.

They absolutely did not fix delves. They are off the chain today.

1 Like

This Mechanic wasnā€™t that confusing, and yes it punished players who released in a group but had no impact on solo play.

What it did do is make it so that when a rare does a mechanic that canā€™t be interrupted, 1 shots your whole group in a bountiful delve, you leave and restart because your delve is now done.

Because having my time wasted by a mechanic with no counter play other than ignore that creature, sounds like good game design.

Also, when the response to the ā€œfixā€ is just put together a classic triad team (Tank/healer/dps) for the game mode meant to not be that style of gameplay, is a big L.

5 Likes

It was sarcasm. I thought I made it obvious with the rest of the post, my bad.

1 Like

I am angry at you Blizz. You have such a great story this xpac but everything else is lacking. Stop nerfing the fun things and let us play. Stop making it a game where itā€™s only fun if you get in before a wowhead post on something. Delves are not solo friendly (ask priests) by their design. Itā€™s constant need for interrupts and stuns with no real strat like ā€˜LoSā€™ this or that which makes delves unfun. The tuning is broken right now and you did it. Itā€™s just not fun. I am really upset at this new mindset of constant nerfs to content-nothing has been buffed from a player aspect, just constantly ā€˜lessā€™ than before whatever changes-crafting, leveling, gathering, delves. Taking away and giving us less just makes it all feel bad. Note: Opinion only, all driven by feelings on this xpac. I have played for a long time and at this point itā€™s just disappointment. Great art, music (as always) and story! Everything else just isnā€™t what was advertised at this point in the game. Hoping for more!

5 Likes

ā€œStop making it a game where itā€™s only fun if you get in before a wowhead post on something.ā€ I feel this. Maybe we miss who the delves are for. Letā€™s just ask ourselves. Maybe itā€™s for people that want a challenge? Oh, but thereā€™s M+ and Mythic raid. Maybe its for the casual / solo player? Well, not anymore. itā€™s not like it was a broken way to get gear or anything. itā€™s time gated with keys and you can actually TARGET gear in M+ you just get random loot at the end. I got off stat stuff and a decent staff for the first week of M+ some of the friends I enjoyed them with didnā€™t even equip their stuff bc the stats were not it for them. So I guess itā€™s for people to try to fly through for the meta achieve at the end of the xpac for the cool mount?

2 Likes

HAHA so true now that the top guilds that will push Mythic raid have the gear they need, they can shut it down for us peasants.

3 Likes

second thursday hotfix that broke something in a row. somebody needs to take your keys away after wednesdays lol. revert this change and come up with a real fix

1 Like