The War Within Development Feedback: Priest

I wish they’d just give shadow priest an option for the old voidform/lingering insanity gameplay they had back in legion. That mini game of trying to stay in voidform as long as possible was fun to me.

That gameplay and surrender to madness are the two things i miss from legion spriest

1 Like

for everyone else sure, i guess.

But if I’m the object of obsession here and being pummeled in every arena round, then its really not gonna do much. I won’t be moving anytime soon.

In battleground blitzz, yeah there you would see more action…
But I think voidweaver will just do it better.

Void volley spam will do more justice than this by a long shot…

My point being.
This talent tree is just a Holy one. Shadow is second to the thought process.

At least for me
Shadow – no choice voidweaver
holy-no choice archon
Disc – no choice voidweaver
There is no 3rd spec.

Not sure about arena since it’s such a confined space already.

But I definitely see great potential for a massive 40 yard all direction 50% slow in battlegrounds and with solo que rated battlegrounds, that will be a seriously good slow to capture the entire enemy team at key points in time.

That is what I’m most looking forward to anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVk8fUwllXo

enjoy the vid.
hopefully they up the effects for holy since its a hero talent spec.
kinda boring tho.

maybe they should reduce to cd so we can use it more often at least…

Have to remember that everyone in the raid can see the Halo so they’re going to go light on the VFX.

Also, a -50% slow would definitely annoy tanks in M+… and this is coming from a tank. Having mobs perma slowed is annoying when you’re trying to chain pull. Halo is also glitchy sometimes and can break CCs… this was an issue I had on Mythic Fyrakk.

So overall boring in both design and effects.

Bummer.

Wish we had a 3rd spec to choose from

1 Like

Archon is definitely my go-to tree for Holy, I still don’t really want an additional button at all, even if it seems like Oracle might be numerically superior if you minmax.

Archon’s design is boring, but boring is heaps better than “interesting” and annoying.

I think I created a lot of expectations for these archon hero talents… I thought it would be something that would transform us into some type of archangel or dark archangel, just as it says in the name and description of the tree, but unfortunately I was totally deceived. Totally disappointed with the tree.

4 Likes

Not the most electrifying tree in the universe but I really like it? Making Halo a much better button to press, boosting our passive healing (and damage), and bonuses to Apotheosis and Surge of Light as well? All sounds great.

Oracle needs a truly major overhaul to make it competitive with a nice set of fire-and-forget power gains in Archon (and some much more compelling visuals than an eye on your forehead).

Naw
Why give us the value we deserve for the amount of money we burn for this game.

Give minimal because we will just accept it for what it is at the end.

Lazy zero effort design

3 Likes

When they mentioned in the blue post “ Archons are highly devout and deeply connected to the Light and Shadow. Archons can be blessed from higher beings to enter into an ascended state, becoming an ultimate version of themselves”.

I was thinking Apotheosis and Dark Ascension/Void Eruption be transformed into a new ability like something visually awesome, seriously I was very excited… but it’s just Halo x 3.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m liking the Archon Tree, but I think they mislead a lot with their description on what an Archon is. I want to ascend to some sort of Ultimate Version like they described!.

11 Likes

This is how I feel as well.
Imagine if we got cool Naaru wings like the tier set for a while. Could’ve tied really well into Hallowfall.

I get it, they need to make a LOT of trees. But why are Priest and Shaman always left for last?
And on top of that, why did they put so much visual badassery effort into Void Weaver and the others get nothing?
Hell, even Affliction gets new visuals, and they’re notoriously the spec with the worst visuals in the entire game.

I’m salty that every other caster seems to have gotten something amazing, but we’re left with “Well, your Halo comes back to you now, take it or leave it.”, without adding anything fun or interesting.

8 Likes

It’s as much of being an archon as Oracle was with “divining into the future to protect allies in the present.”

They have a generic talent set that it feels like they just threw darts at a board to see what ability should activate it.

Blizz missed the mark once again. They could’ve taken Archon (and oracle) so much further and yet they crap out these two designs that more or less just use the names and that’s it.

1 Like

it would’ve been really neat if the hero talents upgraded dark ascension/void form into a full on faceless/K’thir transformation. Maybe even making those transformations similar to how void form was back in legion

1 Like

Is there a good reason it takes 4 talents points to make mindgames a not so viable spell?

I saw Mindgames being a PvP talent as well as it still existing in the Class talents on some alpha footage.

I am going to assume that we will be getting some reworked changes and Mindgames will be moved over to PvP talents and therefore all the power will be contained in that single spell and no longer be a source of friction as it was in the class talent tree.

And how about fade then? 4 talents on fade? isn’t it a bit much

I’ve heard this argument with Shadow Word: Death before also as it has multiple talents that only affect that single spell.

My question then becomes… What is the acceptable amount of talents to enhance a spell?

Mind you we get a talent point per level and I find that the idea of only needing to spend like a single talent to either pick up a spell or to enhance an existing spell is a tall order. I simply do not see the issue of having multiple talents to enhance either a single or multiple spells. The only concern is that the talent taken are meaningful and contribute to a bigger portion of your gameplay experience so as to not feel like they are wasted.

Which is not to mention, Fade is already a good button at a 1 point investment.

The rest just make it better. That’s a great place for a spell to be. Much rather have that than PoM - which is an OK spell that’s only really great at its mana efficiency, but becoming a good button after investing 5-6 points for Holy.

Also why does the backlash from shadow word death hit more then the amount of damage it does especially in pvp? And that is just going to get worse with bigger hp pools.