The Vocal Minority

We’ll let player populations speak for themselves in the coming months. Spoilers: its going to be another ‘i told you so’ BFA repeat.

1 Like

I didn’t consider that.

Interesting. I wish we could see the actual data.

Because the hyperbole between. “OMG this is amazing” and “I hate this game, I am quitting forever” is largely opinion based with no tangible proof.

2 Likes

That is the number people need to look at .

Granted I am enjoying it so far compared to BfA . It still isn’t that spectacular .
I don’t feel no grand connections to my covenant other then finding out how some of the weeklies play out like discovering why the Arbiter sent Alexandros Mograine to Maldraxxus on this toon or doing the quests involving the Night Warrior on my Vulpera hunter in Arden Weald .

1 Like

that sounds like an opinion, or a guess as to the outcome.

Which is all we can do right now.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I mean, I hear you, but I’ve literally heard this same thing about every expansion dating the whole way back to Wrath.

I just can’t help but not take it seriously anymore.

I’ll keep playing because I enjoy it. And I hope you find something you enjoy, be it this game or otherwise.

1 Like

I think your taking the critics scores and not actual feedback scores.

TWO different things entirely.

Lol at IGN and Metacritic

1 Like

Crybabies do nothing but cry instead of play the game. Who would have thought?

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Everyone I’m playing the game with is loving it. GD makes every xpac sound like the end of the world. Some content will always be too hard for some people. Some people will never be happy with loot. Some people don’t know what an MMO is. It is what it is

1 Like

I mean… to be fair, WoW has indeed been on a steady downward decline as far as subscriptions since the end of Wrath. So folks arent wrong, there.

Well, its really weird that all the people defending the game are here too ?
For every thread about i hate it there are several to defend it, why are those people here instead of in game enjoying this super fun expac with so much to do ??

If you’re here your’e not playing the game, if you can’t play the game and you’re here on your phone ( i heard that excuse too) then why are you here, this is not a source of wow news, go to wohead for updates. The wow forums are for people to complain we all know that. So, again why come here rather then playing ?

3 Likes

so far, Id probably give it about the same range of approval.

Mind you, this ISNT my approval rating for blizzard or activision as companies. I still cant stand either one of them anymore. But even questionable companies can put out acceptable product at times.

They play the game for a week to get that review. I’m sure they’d change their mind after a month or two, probably faster if they are veterans.

User score is almost always more accurate than critic score. Critic score is only better for short games.

Well can’t speak for everyone on that, but as for me I’m enjoying some breakfast and getting ready to do some Baldur’s Gate 3 with a friend. Came to peruse the salt mines.

I don’t care what gaming “journalists” have to say about Shadowlands. All i know is for me the longer i play it the less i like it.

Its always the same half dozen or so folks too. Things that make you say “hmm”.

Wrath had one thing going for it. It was the culmination of the Warcraft franchise after Warcraft 3. I believe this played a large part in its success.

The Lich King was an icon in the gaming world. He still is even after he was beaten and buried.

People get hyped when they see him, he’s a beloved character.

I cannot think of another boss since the Lich king that has been captivating.

1 Like

Be carefully, if you don’t side with the Anti-WoW Hate Mob you will get falsely flagged and harassed. :roll_eyes:

IIRC Cata and WoD was given high praise by critics at release as well, while user score was low - and many, many of us remember how that went over the course.

But as well, it is easy for places to “$uggest” a “fair $core” for some “extra influence$.”
I personally trust friends, family and the occasional word of mouth and personal experiences over “professional reviewers, critics / online personalities even user scores” since those can be manipulated to better/worse.

If it gets or starts to turn bad for me, I’ll take a break, like I did in WoD and BFA. If it is entertaining and holding me, will play through and see whats to come.

2 Likes

feels like they spend more time on the forums then they actually do in game.