The Vault and its reward

Why is it that we must choose only 1 singular “reward” from across 3 different activities? Why is the Vault not geared, ha, around having each line be it’s own reward track? As in, If I do all 3 activities all week, I should have 3 “rewards”. 1 from the raiding I did, 1 from the dungeons I accomplished, and 1 currently from the PvP I did. Instead of now where you have the “Feels bad” of potentially wanting something from 2 of the other tracks but “must” get the upgrade item from 1 or potentially having upgrades from all 3.

A player that does all 3 activities in 1 week is currently being punished per say, as no matter how much time they put into doing those activities they can only choose from 1 of the rows even though they filled out all 3.

Edit: Heck, even Ion made mention of the “Feels bad” during his in-depth view of the War Within when he was mentioning how outdoor content would be on the Vault.

Further Edits: This would also allow players who are progressed/progressing in Mythic+ be able to gather LFR TMOG thru the vault system instead of hoping they get lucky within LFR.

1 Like

You’re not being punished though; you are awarded by having more than three choices. There are many issues with the vault but it being limited to one choice per week (regardless of if you’ve opened up one or nine choices) is not one in my book.

3 Likes

Because the point is (at least in theory) to let you choose which activities you want to do. It falls apart a bit during raid progress because M+ vaults are better than raid vaults at that point, but for the most part it holds.

No, the player who does all 3 activities gets more options, which increases the likelihood of hitting something useful. The reason you don’t get to pick 3 items per vault is because then you give a huge advantage to people doing all 3 activities, like we had in BfA with the separate M+ and PvP weekly chests.
For it to be reasonable to pick an item per row in the vault, raid/M+/PvP would need completely separated gearing (like PvP already does).

Honestly, that should not be a consideration at all. The actual solution there is also quite obvious: transmogs should unlock “downwards”. Unlocking the mythic transmog should also unlock heroic, normal and LFR. Heroic should also unlock normal and LFR. Normal should unlock LFR as well.

6 Likes