The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

As someone who doesn’t raid, I’d be fine with that trade as well. Especially since playable Horde Ogres and whatever the Alliance would get would have more long term beneficial use.

If anything, just give storyline and world quests for Dustwallow Marsh and an Alliance area with a small raid of some kind at the end that will lead into playable race unlocks for everyone and fun rewards for the event in general. For Ogres, they could just take the Onxyia raid, replace her with one of her escaped offspring, revamp the fight a little bit, and have it be somewhat of a classic throwback. Complete with their head on a pike in the MU Stonemaul Clan home afterwards.

Obviously, it’s something that would need to be fleshed out, especially with whatever Alliance would get, but there is plenty you could do for Cataclysm-like events that would have something for everyone. :smiley:

All in my own personal opinion, of course.

-Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

Who do you guys think will ever be our main ogre npc to party with if they were ever to bring em forward into the linelight like Saurfang?

3 Likes

or will we have a character built up through the xpacs again like how they did garrosh except we don’t kill him/her this time?

3 Likes

We now have a full preview of June 2023’s Trading Post items:

Nothing Ogre specific, leaving the question of when the other Ogre children models will be used. I suppose the Helarjar Berserker warplate transmog would look pretty neat on Ogres as well.

I’ll continue to keep an eye out for each month’s Trading Post items in case more Ogre specific things pop up in the future. Seems possible we could see the other Ogre children models appear there someday at the very least, so it is worth reporting on it each month.

Assuming we’re dealing with the MU and AU Stonemaul Clans, likely the leaders of both (Tharg and whoever for the AU Clan) and some of the named MU Stonemaul Clan members we do quests for. Crol’ka as well if he shows up in-game. Also depends if any other Ogre Clans become part of the playable Horde Ogre faction too.

Could be some new ones created also for whatever purposes. Hard to really imagine it at present, however. Especially when we have a bunch of NPC’s to work with. Hopefully ones who don’t die, turn evil, or something.

3 Likes

Ogre Warlocks are everywhere in lore.

Heaps of them in Dire Maul (Back in Vanilla), Shadow Labyrinth (BC) and Nagrand enemy NPCs, Cata dungeons and raids (Dentarg) and of course WoD in the first raid. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another year goes by not being able to be a biggun ogre bashing things

5 Likes

Two names that jump out at are: Tharg (who is looked at to be the new Stonemaul leader after Mok’Morokk was kicked out) or Draz’Zilb (who engineered the kick out).

2 Likes

Ok but seriously, we want playable Ogres.
“You mean Elves?”
No, gimme Ogres.
“We have like a dozen more elf races we can add if you ask.”
How about adding Ogres?
“How about some dranei with lights, trolls that stand up or gnomes in diapers?”
How about Ogres?
“We hear you. Here’s dragons that aren’t dragons!”
O G R E S

10 Likes

Another month goes by and still no Ogres on the Horde side of that character creation screen? Sounds like a good time for another round of in-game race request suggestions to me!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

Gotta do what we can to make sure the Horde Ogre clans aren’t forgotten!

4 Likes

i think i know the real reason why we haven’t gotten ogres yet, compared to every other race that wears shoes ingame that show toes their toes are so low poly compared to our chad ogres feet in a foot piece we obviously can’t obtain yet

Ogres

You puny devs give me Ogres now

4 Likes

Imgur

6 Likes

This :rofl: (though i do like my dracthyr a lot - i was heavily apeculating my playable ogre when predicting we were going to the dragon isles lol)

2 Likes

So as mentioned before with the Orc heritage armor questline, we see Lantresor of the Blade (The MU version) appear and join in the celebration in the questline. While there are no signs of the Ogre clan he leads, the Boulderfist Clan, and there isn’t any indication that he has joined the Horde, I wanted to go over the Boulderfist clan some in case he does join and bring in another Ogre clan into the Horde.

First, if you want more info on Lantresor of the Blade, his Wowpedia article is here:

And the clan he partially leads:

It sounds like, to my understanding, the Boulderfist Clan was the very first Ogre clan to join the Old Horde. They initially had a leader named Krol, who has since disappeared:

There are two parts of the Boulderfist Clan.

The first part of the Boulderfist Clan is in Arathi Highlands, where they settled there during the Second War. Not much to really say about this part of the clan, given they’re mostly quest jobbers that don’t seem to be affiliated much with the second part.

The other part of the Boulderfist Clan is in Nagrand in Outland, who likely stayed behind on Draenor during the Second War. After Krol, went missing, Lantresor became the leader…somehow. To my understanding, it isn’t fully explained. Maybe he came with candy or something. Who knows?

Lantresor and the Boulderfist Clan attacked Horde and Alliance settlements in Nagrand. At first, you beat them up, but then are sent to make peace with them. After doing some quests for Lantresor by beating up some of the enemies of the Boulderfist Clan, he agrees not to cause further attacks on the Horde and Alliance settlements.

That is about it for the Boulderfist Clan. The second part of the clan remained on Outland since then doing…who knows? The ones in Arathi Highlands have been causing trouble for both the Horde and Alliance. Both have some named Ogre NPC’s, though they’re mostly quest jobbers.

However, if I understand correctly, Outland is very slowly breaking apart. So eventually, unless something is done, beings living on there would need to find a way off at some point. So it does beg the question if Lantresor would consider bringing the Outland Boudlerfist Clan with him to Azeroth. While Outland’s decaying destruction sounds like it’ll take a long to actually happen, it does sound inevitable, so maybe it’s a good idea to get off it while they still can. At least for now.

In such a case, would Lantresor then join the Horde afterwards? Hard to say. It could be very likely, especially given how he was fine celebrating with the Horde Orcs, and it is one of the last parts where he has any kin left, as mentioned in that questline, so it could be a possibility.

If that were to happen, then I see no reason why he wouldn’t bring the Boulderfist Clan with him. In such a case, it would be a fourth Horde Ogre Clan, which again sounds like the first one to join the Old Horde. It would have some meaning to see them join the current Horde.

And I suppose something could be done with Krol’s disappearance, assuming there isn’t anything that is stated how he disappeared and is long gone. Maybe he could be rescued and unite both sections of the clan while becoming leader again. Not sure how entirely sound that would be, and it would still be a possibility that the Boulderfist Clan could join the Horde in that scenario.

Of course, this would assume that the playable Horde Ogre faction would have multiple clans within it. If so, then by all means, the more Horde Ogre clans the better for RP and customization options. In that case, I’m all for it. Otherwise, if the playable Horde Ogre faction is just one, I’m still all for it being the MU Stonemaul Clan with the AU Stonemaul Clan integrated with them.

This post is of course all just speculation. I don’t know realistically what would happen with Lantresor and his part of the Boulderfist Clan in general. Still, there could be something written that could lead to another Horde Ogre clan. It is an interesting thought regardless.

So far, that is about all I can see to comment on them at the moment. If anyone knows any more info I missed or got something wrong, please feel free to correct me.

4 Likes

I do think his lines in the Orc Heritage questline provide some clues regarding that. At first he claims he’d rather see his former clan wither and die because the remaining Burning Blade are all corrupted traitors, but then at the end of the questline, when he’s sitting at the Burning Blade table with the two Burning Blade warlocks who are loyal to the New Horde, he softens up and ultimately acknowledges them as his kin. I think that hints at the reformation of a Horde-aligned Burning Blade clan, I just made a thread about this because I think it’d be AWESOME https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-future-of-the-mu-burning-blade-clan/1606390

If that eventually happens, then it would stand to reason for the Boulderfist to come along to Azeroth, courtesy of Lantresor !

6 Likes

You know since Stromgarde has been restored by the Alliance, I kind of wonder if the Boulderfist within Arathi would be more willingly to rejoin the Horde.

And if not I think a quest chain where the Horde players get to go around and try to recruit the various Ogre clans back into the Horde would be fantastic.

3 Likes

The only way I can really see the Arathi Boulderfist Clan join the Horde is if the Outland Boulderfist Clan joins first. Either Lantresor would give a rousing speech and offer ale, candy, plushies, or whatnot, or maybe Krol comes back afterwards, is fine with joining the newer Horde, and unites both using similar offerings listed above.

As for going around and recruiting multiple Ogre clans into the Horde, that would make for a fun questline if the playable Ogre faction had multiple clans. I don’t know how realistic it would be to have a bunch of clans however, and I know that there are some Ogre Clans who would rather just sit around being jerk quest jobbers unfortunately, but there seems to be more clan options for the multiple Horde Ogre Clan idea if Blizzard went that route. I’m still a firm believer that the MU Stonemaul Clan with the AU Stonemaul Clan integrated in it should always be part of, if not be THE main Horde Ogre faction, of course. I do like the multiple Horde Ogre Clans idea for customization and RP ideas, of course.

I’ll have to take a look at all the Ogre clans to see the viable ones who could join the Horde, along with a reminder of who all is part of the Horde. Definitely an idea to think and expand on!

3 Likes

It really would and having clans both join up and refuse would be realistic. Like I see the Dunemaul, who are already part of the Horde, officially join with the Stonemaul, while the Dreadmaul outright refusing to join.

Likewise.

3 Likes

what abouut polkadoted ogres

How would a druid react to being cradled by an ogre if he mistook him/her for a really large house cat?

5 Likes