The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

We’ll see.

The fact that they haven’t announced the next Allied Races and have been mentioning community discussion is noteworthy.

Especially since at Blizzcon more Allied Races were mentioned as a feature for what was coming over the next year. It means the High Elf discussion has had an effect.

and they’re in a tough spot. It’s like when Alex says, “Don’t give up hope.” that’s because when people give up hope they’re going to unsub. So they’re in a precarious position.

They went to Outland to fight against the Horde, and the Blood Elves now are with the Horde.

Though they went to protect Quel’thalas, they fought side by side alongside dwarves and humans. I’m not sure they’d appreciate the Blood Elves’ turning on the Alliance.

Even if the Blood Elves no longer follow Kael’thas, they are still very different from the Quel’thalas the Allerian elves left to protect.

7 Likes

You replied to my post with the citation I was talking about.

More than that… they went out there and fought Orcs and Demons.

and come back to Silvermoon having done a lot of Warlock stuff and hanging out with Orcs.

4 Likes

Oh that. Its Theloria Shadecloak’s dialogue text when you talk to her. You can find it on the wiki and wowhead.

…Or by simply talking to her in-game. I don’t think there’s a prerequisite.

2 Likes

I don’t talk to High Elves in game. Filthy Creatures. Probably have human diseases. /Elisande

I don’t think it’s comparable to what you might catch from hanging out with the forsaken.

They seem pretty happy spraying that green stuff around.

turns around and talks to demons and the decrepit Orcish Warlock leading them

Elisande doing her best Kael impression.

2 Likes

Unless it’s Jaina

Are there Allied Race threads for Dryads/Keepers of the Grove? not that they’re allied race material because they’re literally part stag. But I’d like to see them playable even though they’d be a pain.

Though. It’d be nice if they had less creepy tree hand. (the keepers.)

2 Likes

Problematic humanoid parts, notably four legs. Else we’d have had Naga, or more recently Sethrak, and the like.

(Also, why would you not want to stab people with creepy tree hand? That’s like the whole point)

I don’t think we will ever get quadruped races due to mounting issues it would cause

having dryads/keepers for alliance and centaurs for horde would be incredibly simple. Just add a lore reason for them to have a 2 legged form. When necessary it would be forcibly switch to it and otherwise it is optional.

for armor issues I think blizzard needs to get it in their head that for many races like this people know there will be major limitations and willingly accept it already.

4 Likes

I’d play both of those!

2 Likes

Creepy tree hand is creepy!

I want to say that you’re not gonna be able to flirt with the Dryad ladies with your MURDER hand. But the connotations after that statement just keep getting worse.

Also. Why not just cap their movement speed in combat to a bonus movement speed amount based on a racial ability (20-40% increased movement speed. Etc.) and then for flight form just make them Pegasus versions of Dryads or Keepers? I’m sure people are going to understand you can’t use your flying mounts with them.

Or… Just make them a hero class like Demon Hunters so they all have druid forms no matter what.

2 Likes

Because mounts aren’t just mounts. They’re a mechanic in dozens of quests. Imagine what’s going to happen any time you use a flight path. There’s heaps of mounts out there the game uses, everything from your standard gryphon to the MoP kites to the its been god damn years since Wrath, Skaadi, drop your bloody Blue Protodrake, to the ever-desired bee.

If not a flight path, then how about that one quest in Dun Morough where you ride a plane? Or the bombing dailies from TBC, the Hellfire ones. Or that quest in Dragonblight where you’re on a gattling gun. Or the intro quest to Pandaria for Alliance where on launch day you endlessly circled around hoping you could end this quest and continue with what MoP had to give you

There’s a ton of mounted things outside of just mounts, tied into quests. Any KotG/Dryad just can’t do it

I’d love them as race, and even despite the half-elf thing I’m reasonably sure most people would be fine with them given their history, but the way they’re built just isn’t going to work for what WoW requires of them

5 Likes

I agree with Kanthinus, as much as I support the desire for anyone to get the race they want to play. (Hence why i’m in this thread). I see Dryads and Centaurs as something not for an allied race but something that you would need an expansion for. All of it’s doable, but it would take some rework of the game for it to happen.

12 Likes

This topic has been closed at the request of Xyaa with the expectation that they will be creating a new topic with updated information.

27 Likes