The Truth about WoW

I’m a big fan of Gordon Ramsay’s mentality on businesses. He’s the biggest chef in the world, he has plenty of restaurants and he’s extremely rich so his method obviously works.

What’s his method? The most important thing is making profit sure, but he has the passion, and he cares about the customers. He’s not hiding that he has to make money but he’s not showing pure greed either. He truly offers the best and he believes the customer is king. The profits flow freely with that method and the customers are happy! I think Blizzard could take some notes from that.

Its so funny when try to blame a single person for any issues with this game when it’s not like that at all.

The irony is that their own corporate greed will be the downfall of their entire business.

2 Likes

Of course they want to make a profit. The problem is, I think they don’t really know how to do that. Everything they do fosters more and more ill will from the community. Yes, of course, there are people on the forums that will defend everything, and I know there are millions of people who are still loving things. But, that doesn’t stop the fact that more people are leaving than there are people coming in for the first time, and they don’t understand how to have player retention.

The only thing I can figure is a) they truly have no clue what they’re doing or b) they have accountants who have done the math and shown that the whales bring in more money and will continue to bring in more money than the subs they’re losing.

Leveling isn’t nearly as fun as it used to be. It’s far, far too fast now, and condensing of all the expacs makes it so you merely have to dip your toes into an expac for easy experience before moving on and BOOM your 50. Then you hustle your way to 60 within a few days and hit a monstrous wall of gear grinding.

There was a time when leveling actually meant something. Where you spent time with your character and learned to love them along the long journey to max level. Now it’s all about the class and spec you play and the character is just the necessary face attached to those abilities.

In short, WoW is no longer an RPG, it’s a fantasy sports game that’s all about competitive end-game content.

It’s hard to “enjoy” leveling when you barely get to experience it, which is why classic and BC are doing so well.

Smells like a conspiracy tbh

3 Likes

it short term gain- like Token sales for boost. I think Oozo put it best on a PvP post

1 Like

Yes I agree- Blizz does not respect its players. They Ignore player feedback, There is a discussion in PvP. The blue post had 25 upvotes with over 17k views and over 650 replays against the change. Months later still no Blue post back. Truly SAD!

1 Like

A corporation doesn’t build their foundation by breaking the backs of their employees, neither by driving their customers away.

A professional company knows this.

1 Like

So
 what have you done, this expansion? To the point where there’s nothing left for you to do, I mean.

After wrath classic we can expect to see them try again. Until then it low effort and still get money from classic and store sales.

You mean the same world quests I’ve done 4000 times?

Haven’t done world quests in ages and having a great time. There’s no reason to do “chores”. If you don’t like PVP, M+, or raiding you probably are wasting your time.

Maybe do CN, idk, a single time before you complain there’s nothing to do.

Or complete the M+ dungeons a single time.

lol

1 Like

Now you’re just being argumentative.

No its absolutely honest. You’re yet another person randomly complaining: “there’s nothing to do” while you refuse to do anything available. The game isn’t World of World Quests. The spend the dev time on actual end-game content (M+, raids, pvp), as they should.

1 Like

A lot of people are coming to this conclusion and quitting. Maybe it would be healthier for the game if it offered more than that.

2 Likes

So you’re saying the game revolves around m+?

1 Like

No, I never said that. Can you read?

1 Like

That’s fine, who cares? It’s like people logging into EVE online and then saying: “I don’t like playing the economy, politics, or space battles, I really want to just build a log cabin and fight dragons, I’m leaving” Uh, okay bro, you know EVE online was always about economics, politics, and space battles right?

2 Likes

And WoW sue to be about lore and story line and playing with friends. Now look at it.

Competitive gameplay to the point they make esports out of it.