The truth about "Orc Fatigue" "night elf fatigue" "Human Fatigue"

Yes it actually does. That’s the whole point of resisting.

So you read that just as “Thalyssra got discouraged when Tyrande questioned her loyalties”? It sounds to me like the reference to “Elune’s wisdom” suggests that there was further (negative) interaction beyond what we see in the earlier exchange, as Tyrande leaves things somewhat open there.

You mean the “hiding in trees” bit? That’s a weird line for sure, but I think it’s more likely to be clumsy wording and/or straight up lore ignorance from the writer than a suggestion that Liadrin is being deliberately misleading.

1 Like

No. It doesn’t. Literally the lore quote we have:

6 Likes

This sounds assumptive rather than the definite statement you made earlier:

Fair—I’ll walk that back to “Nightborne originally wanted to join forces with Tyrande, but she made it clear she wasn’t interested.” Whether that was explicitly stated or just expressed through actions and attitude.

2 Likes

Orc Fatigue happened because We had an entire Year-long Content patch of beating up Orcs in zones plus a raid, that led into an expansion of…more Orcs.

Yeah, that wore out their lustre pretty quickly

It’s not just the number of zones or expansions something exist in, it’s the time we spend in them as well.

I can’t speak for others, but I was sick of beaitng up Orcs and Demons by the time WoD ended. Night Elves, while present in every expansion, didn’t wear out their welcome as much because they had decent propotioned allocated slots. Though many would argue that General Elf Fatgue may have been a thing in Legion.

I don’t think BFA Got Any kind of Fatigue other than “Please stop villain batting us” fatigue.

And Shadowlands was just tiresome all around.

All in all, There wasn’t any kind of “Alliance” fatigue because we weren’t stuck on year-long patches of stuff where we were beating up knights or dwarves or hanging out with NIght Elvevs for a whole year in the same spot and immediately went into a new expansion primarily consisting of said component.

6 Likes

In the eyes of the monarch they see it as being apart of the resistance.

Look at those that were killed in the Waning Crescent. They weren’t actively apart of the resistance but Elisandre believed them to be.

The eyes of the reigning monarch are what matters. It’s the implication that will send many to die. Azshara was no different during the War of the Ancients.

If you don’t think thats important then you either failed or fell asleep during history.

You were responding to Lateef’s ranting about the War of the Ancients being a war between the rich and the poor. Of which Lateef was correct, but also of which Lateef had the context of entirely wrong. The War of the Ancients was a war declared by the rich (the Highborne) against the poor (everyone who wasn’t Highborne). The Highborne invited the Legion through their cities specifically to enact genocide against everyone who wasn’t Highborne and leave the world only to them. This was the case for Elisande and the Highborne leadership of Suramar.

At no point did the Highborne that would become the Nightborne change their minds about the other Night Elves when they turned against Azshara to save Suramar itself from the abuse of the demons. As pointed out several times already, Suramar held no value in the lives of the Night Elf Resistance and were happy to leave them outside Suramar’s protective bubble to their assumed demises.

Azshara, who was now enemy of both and could no longer be considered the monarch of either group that would not further recognize her as such, has nothing to so with the topic at hand of whether or not Suramar considered itself standing with the rest of the Night Elves. Which it did not.

5 Likes

People always focus on Tyrandes question, but not on what she said before or the context of it.
She was going to meet Thalyssra for the first time and even before doing so she says she has no interest in hearing Thalyssra’s petitions, she also comments on being surprised by the player character being in the company of mana junkies (nightborne) and how she never thought she would return to her home city to wrest it from those she once believed to be her people. Showing that she does not even view them as kin, but with disgust.
And then before Thalyssra even has the chance to speak Tyrande asks her the infamous question.
It’s quite hostile in my own opinion. Two other instances’s quite rude, one where you try to rally nightborne to join the rebellion where Tyrande says that every extra nightborne fighting means fewer of her people will die. While Liadrin talks about how they must inspire the nightborne to show them there’s still hope, quite a difference in viewpoint.
Then her statement "The Kaldorei will fight to see the Legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that… we shall see where Elune’s wisdom guides us.” Is not necessarily wrong, but just cold, showing no empathy at all.

I don’t blame the nightborne for joining the blood elves in the Horde after that.

9 Likes

It reminds me of the split of High Elves from Blood Elves and Vereesa said similar things about the Blood Elves.

Facta non verba

Mate, it’s not just anyone saying these things, it’s the leader of the night elves, to the person that will become the new leader of the nightborne. They’re not nobodies and words very much have consequences when it’s on that level.
No allied head of state would treat the other that way, or they would not remain allied very long.

9 Likes

/10character

Almost everything I wrote is incorrect, that’s the point. I’m aware of this.

But the comment I was replying to, seemed more like a product of Rp thinking than established Lore. So I decided to play along.

Repeating yourself doesn’t add anything to what you said instead it’s just spam.

You don’t seem to realize that Blizzard isn’t the best at showing. And in any case again Thalysera didn’t like what Tyrande said to her which is what caused her to go to the Horde. Because again there has been disconnect between the highborne nightborne and the night elves.

1 Like

I think you forgot about Forsaken Fatigue too. But I think it’s about time we finally see Dwarves, Blood Elves/High/Void Elves, and others to finally have the screentime they want.

This was one of the main reasons I switched to Alliance when cross faction finally hit. Nightborne are my favourite non Dracthyr race, but Orcs are one of my least favourite. I got tired of every Horde story basically being “here is more red, spiky huts and the Orcs that go with them!” It felt like most of the other Horde races were handwaved away. If you do not like Orc (and sometimes Foresaken) architecture, the Horde is a awful place to be. :frowning:

Mind you, Alliance is mostly the same… though it seems to be split up between Human and Night Elf there.

4 Likes

To be honest, underlying the fatigue itself- the actual writing these races get also usually sucks. WoD undermined a lot of the interesting themes of the Orcish Story we’d had since Classic. And humans… don’t really have much going for them anymore? Their aesthetic is used more, but the only human ever given much writing is Golden’s Kitten (aka a character she named her RL cat for lmao) Anduin.

5 Likes

He is also a cursed spirit that had nothing to do with the Suramar plotline.

[insert the minor spelling mistake gif]