The Truth About Layering

layering makes sense…for Actvision Blizzard.

I say bring on the queues. They always die down after a week anyway. If you want to cry about having to queue up then WoW Vanilla / Classic isn’t for you.

4 Likes

I am all for only in a capital city layer hopping and/or a 15 min CD on the hop…

2 Likes

Seriously what is the big deal? Maybe someone loots an extra green off a rare if it’s up on every layer, and during the first few weeks they make an extra 1-2 gold? It’s not that big of a deal.

Also, once again, it’s in beta, Blizzard can already have plans to prevent the exact issues you all bring up, but right now are more focused on getting it working at all before moving on to previnting problems. Again, it’s BETA.

No, Ion said “I promise”. You’re either lying or ignoring information.

We’re going to continue that process over the first few weeks, till eventually we will collapse down, and we promise we will do this a few weeks in , to a single world per realm, no sharding, none of that going forward.

2 Likes

So melodramatic. You need a Snickers.

I’d extend that to “Rested Zones” since those are the places you naturally see people pop in and out of existence instantly, and it gives genuine friend groups a little less distance to travel.

I’d also add the additional requirement to those two, that everyone has a “default” layer, that they return to after leaving a group (and passing through a Rested Zone), so that people can’t join a group in order to remain on a new layer.

1 Like

I was quoting his first comment about they would like it to be over before P2

What exactly is “a few weeks” a few to me is 15…
the year has 52 weeks, 15 is “a few”

Like I said… NO ONE at Blizzard has stated a DATE when layering will end…

That could just mean that they are going to start collapsing down the layers in the first few weeks.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that collapsing process will done in the first few weeks.

Hell, I proposed this before layering was announced.

1 Like

I know - not trying to take credit for this.

And I was quoting his direct statement from May that he promises it will be removed within the first few weeks.

Because if they can do it earlier they will. Tying it to a date, forces them to extend to that date even if its not necessary.

The original proposal before layers were announced was servers with the same server name and a numbered suffix that share the same name database. That is essentially static layers. Blizzard took that idea and merged it with CRZ/Sharding to form an abomination that isn’t too far removed from the modern tech that inspired it.

1 Like

Yes, lets do that. Oppps, layer is full, can’t play with my guild or friends…

That might mean what you think.

Or it could mean that they are just going to start the process of collapsing the layers in the first few weeks.

Because they realized that by not doing that, they’re basically doing server merges, which have their own bigger set of problems, combined with the fact that not everyone wants their server merged.

Que it up.

And which have never actually been done. We would get Connected Realms and CRZ.

I want layering. I don’t want to struggle to finish early quests because there are 150 people in the Valley of Trials.

Your opinions are not facts.

Yes you can, but you have to wait on a queue. It’s no different than trying to roll with friends who are on a full server in vanilla.

1 Like

Except that it has happened.