The Threads of fate or Replay Storyline

Which one is better?

With threads you get to pick where to lvl up
and have the covenant skills out the gate

2 Likes

For me story is faster. I can level a toon 50-60 in about 6-10 hours, ToF much longer.

1 Like

Story is a faster if you don’t like doing the same 4 dungeons and handful of WQ’s.

1 Like

Not even one level? Must take 3 months just to get to level 60…JK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People say the story is faster and it may be, but its on a set path and doing that same set path over and over gets tedious fast. At least with ToF you can swap around as the mood takes you.

Apparently the quickest way is to level through the story until you are around 58 or 59 and then swap to ToF. Anyone who has done this method might be able to comment.

1 Like

ToF was a mistake for me. Replaying the original storyline was much faster.

1 Like

HA I had to reread that 2-3 times till I saw my error and fixed it.

ToF. Do all the side quests, which you are going to do them anyways so might as well level up and get renown doing it. You get sick of one zone, you can go to a different one.

2 Likes

Thing about that is with story you can to check out/play each covenant ability as you level killing stuff, 90% of the time how I picked my covenant. My 4 mains I leveled first I knew which covenant was best for them and also to have all covenants unlocked to get goodies, while rest are just cash cows and I picked best covenant based on ability as I was leveling them.

1 Like

It depends.

If you want to speed level and have a constant stream of content to do, the story is better because you can do the whole thing in one sitting if you like.

If you want to spread it out over a few days an hour or two a day, then Threads is faster and in my opinion more enjoyable.

The downfall with Threads is that you can run out of world quests and side quests before you finish the zone’s fill the bar meta quest you get from Oribos. So you end up having to do the random bonus objectives which give very little xp for the length of time you spend grinding on them. So it’s advisable if you run out of side/world quests and don’t want to run dungeons, just take a break until the world quests reset.

This is how I found it to be the fastest. I switch to ToF at 59 and about 80%.
Then 1 or 2 world quests you hit 60 and get to skip aprox 1 zone of the story.

I was running an experiment on a few different alts, but I’ve had little motivation to play them. Finally got my priest to 60 on story–16.1 hours-played. Working on my mage and it feels much slower, but I’m only 56 and won’t know for sure until she hits 60 too.

The trick with the story is that if you get to 59, within 1000 XP of reaching 60, and switch to threads of fate you don’t have to do the covenant intro quests which avoids an hour or so of filler time. Just doing the one quest in Oribos will give you 1040 XP, you hit 60, choose a covenant, and then you’re off and running. It can be tricky because I started killing single mobs in Revendreth about 2000 XP away from 60 and accidentally pulled a pack. I let them kill me because I was worried I’d might hit 60 in story-mode and lose the opportunity to switch to ToF and avoid the covenant intro quests.

Edit: One thing I don’t like about ToF, besides it feeling slower, is that even though you get to pick a covenant right away, earning renown to advance your covenant features is nearly impossible. My mage is stuck at renown 2 and my four available campaign quests are to fill a bar to 100% for each of the four different covenants. You get 1% per mob doing WQs so that’s grindy as a Chinese MMO. You get like 20-25% from doing a dungeon, so if you LOVE dungeons, then ToF is for you, but otherwise story-mode is faster and won’t feel so grindy (tedious yes, but that applies to both when on you’re past your 3rd alt).

On all of my 7 60’s I hit 60 mid way through Revendreth.

I do Story to 60, then switch to ToF at the inn.
I currently have 11 60’s at renown 40.

If you just want to get leveled and play at 60, that’s the path you want to take.

1 Like