The tension between wanting to play and grinding essences

Fair enough, just had a look now.

1 Like

It’s actually a combonation of the two. There are just too many last minute, poorly thought out systems. I really hope they plan a little better for shadowlands. With the recent release of warcraft 3 and the state that game is in, I don’t think we should be hoping for much from SL. It’ll likely be more of the same last minute hot garbage.

People like alts.

Participation in Korrak’s Revenge should have proven that.

People don’t like grinds for fundamental class functionality.

Forums feedback should have proven that.

There’s no reason Rank 2s can’t be Account Bound. You’re pretty much given those.

am very curious how many other people have dozens of the new BoA armor tokens in their bank with no alts to use them on

surely blizzard is aware of such a metric. if you’re also hoarding them and have dozens like me, is it because the essence grind is just too much to ask a second time?

i cba farming honor again, especially after doing it pre-nerf and doing dailies in old content isn’t something i find engaging.

If you have been playing throughout though it isn’t a problem. Most people who wanted to play alts, got the essences last patch so they aren’t playing catch up. But even then it is just a matter of taking things one step at a time and not trying to complete all the content in one day.

I don’t have many because I leveled up 10 or so characters to 120 during the anniversary event and so they can use 415 gear - once they have ilvls close to 415 I will start doing the essences on them. In the meantime I am playing 6 or so daily doing 8.3 content.

I leveled this character in the AV event and started playing seriously with the launch of 8.3. The essence argument is overblown. A handful are a pain, but most can be gotten up to rank 2 with minimal effort.

Honestly, other than the EP essence, the worst ones are the new ones requiring exalted.

1 Like

I switched mains in 8.2.5 and it sucked so much that I didn’t come back for about 3 months. Finally doing it again but there is legit no way I am getting on another character and doing essences plus Corruption/cloak.