The tension between wanting to play and grinding essences

I meant 7.3.5, and yes, most legendaries are very boring outside of being an orange item.

Which is my point. “Wow an rng based item that provides a massive DPS boost, now where have I heard that before?”

yeah and what I was getting at was that at least some legion legendaries provided some spec specific feedback to your rotation or changed things to make them marginally more interesting. Even a system as bad as that is better than this one.

I just made a character I plan to play exclusively level locked to Legion. I knew I shouldn’t have bought this expansion even 60% off.

Everyday this last week, I logged on my resto druid, did a few m+, and thought to myself: “This is fun. I’m gonna gear this guy out and push high m+”. Then, I look at my neck level, my cloak level, how many vessels I have, and my essences, and I log out. It feels like purgatory.

2 Likes

Legion legenderies took some time but they would drop eventually.

Yeah, legendaries were pretty terribad considering the dps increase for some like fire wrists was ridiculous compared to others, and let’s not even talk about how they refused to add a vendor till late.

Corruption is WORSE though.

You need the item to be corrupted
Then you need it to have a specific corrupted effect
then you also need it to have a specific tier 3 corruption level

Oh and you think you are done? With cloak resistance rising you are gonna need 2-3 of those to drop as well

So it is RNGRNGRNG that you also need to successfully get 2-3 times

Meanwhile swtor devs had the brain to add legendary aka tactical vendor since the first patch of the expansion

Yeah, I usually don’t rip on grinds, it’s part of the genre, but the essences & to a great extent the disconnect on BiS & how you attain them versus the content you enjoy is not my favorite.

I am so sick of my caster, but I refuse to regrind these essences on a melee toon…

Why do you gotta? I have multiple alts. The ones I even remotely “seriously” play have rank 1, and that’s good enough. The Mechagon dps one can easily be replaced by the M+ one… The AOE stun can come in handy on massive pulls in visions. but other than that…?

I hate the fact that they locked these damn essences behind reputations and the lvl of a supid AI you have to take around with you. But I would never say I “NEED” those for my alts. And I would never even consider unlocking them on my alts.

1 Like

Depends on class and spec.

So do corrupted gear.

You could literally apply this logic to Legiondaries, and yet…youd still equip it if it provided a boost regardless.

Its not like people arent rerolling toons if Infinite Stars doesnt drop unlike what people did during Legion.

Which are guaranteed drops.

For sure. Even still, providing something for some classes is still like measurably better than providing literally nothing interesting at all

My guild leader quit yesterday. Burnt out on this endless grind. All he wanted to do was m+ and raiding(yet he capped his neck throughout the expansion, did all the dailies/ies/conquest/pvp and then cloak grind/visions). I’m sure he’ll be back at some point. I see players quit all the time. Not going to lie I’ve seen a lot less people log on the last week in the guild. When the patch dropped it was pretty active! But then it quickly died down.

From my perspective a grind is really important but overdoing it like blizzard is right now is NOT the way to go. A grind has to be fun or in a sense rewarding. It just isn’t in wow. It feels more like a chore or a job and that’s a huge problem.

Morpheus: “What if I was to tell you that essences + intro quests is the new way you’re required to play?”

Id say corruption does that better than most legiondaries by far.

Lol i have the opposite issue. My Warlock, Mage, and Hunter are collecting dust because I don’t want to regrind everything.

I wanted to roll a new character because the game has gotten really stale for me, and I figured maybe a fresh start on a new toon would keep things interesting. But with that huge barrier ahead, I just decided to let my sub lapse.

I already (regrettably) pre-ordered SL so I’ll be back for that. Hoping it’s more player friendly.

Because people that complain constantly about essences don’t want alts, they want to switch mains every other week but don’t want to invest the time to do so.

Learning and gearing the class is investing enough time into it.

Takes what one week to get it? They made that ridiculously easy.

Reverse harm had the potential to suck as well based on player use and encounter mechanics.

Sims assume you are using it perfectly on CD and always getting the full 8% damage from it.

Looking at some top parsing mythic Nylatha logs and almost none are using its major.