The tension between wanting to play and grinding essences

I’d like to play some of my alts more, maybe use some of this catch up gear… but then I remember I’ve gotta grind Naz and Mech to revered :x

Anyone else feeling the tension between wanting to do some visions on an alt and not wanting to do essences + intro quests?

21 Likes

I just gave up and stopped playing. :man_shrugging:

18 Likes

Aye. I switched characters to come back for 8.3 and the frustration is real with how much work will have to be redone if I want to catch up to where I was for essences.

At this point I’m trying to just enjoy the ride and not sweat however sub-optimal my setup is. But as I run out of other meaningful things to do, the goal list will start to include repeating past grinds. I don’t know if I’ll be able to sell myself on that.

1 Like

Kindof

My mechagnome monk is my prime example of an alt I’m conflicted about.

To their credit, grinding up essences does feel easier. I already have 3 decently simming essences within a few days of hitting 120 on it.

The part that made me stop working on it is that I’ll need to get 1400 ranking on a class I have no clue on and maintain chest for 5 weeks after. Given just how much DPS reverse harm is, it would be a no-brainer.

Working on 3 characters seems a bit much for this patch.

I’d say alts are fine if you’re aiming for the daily vision + weekly assault. You could probably manage that.

Oh you don’t have to just do that, you also need to get lucky with rng and get a specific corruption effect at a specific tier that is like 30% dps increase,because that is how broken some corrupted effects are.

The game even your dps is now completely dependent on rng , enjoy

9 Likes

I don’t really have a choice since my ilvl on my 120’s is just over 200.

Play a tank, no one will care if your essences are green.

Yep, need Lucid Memories for my Warlock (swapped main for guild) to really be competitive in ST but it’s just a real pain and boring task to do.

Not even like the other rewards (pearls etc) are worth anything to me in 8.3 either.

I finish everything on my main, and then log onto an alt. I quickly realize that I have no essences and my alt is useless, then log off. Thanks for ruining the game even more acti-blizz.

My alt is now in Final Fantasy 14. Most likely my main will be soon as well.

1 Like

Same, being playing merc, sorc an sniper in Swtor , all of them decently geared since it is easy to get 90% of your character’s power so now just trying to decide on which one to stick to. It definitely won’t be wow

cant you buy rep tokens now with pearls?

2 Likes

I stopped playing on my main and will continue to just level my Vulpera army for 9.0

Just get everyone to base 120 and call it there. The grind is to boring. Not hard or difficult…just boring

3 Likes

Preplanning for shadowlands, bfa’s a bust.

1 Like

The intro quest for Naztajar and Mechagon take a little over an hour total.

I have no idea why people are bothering about having BiS essences. Essences are minor in comparison to the amount of time/effort you need to take to get and lvl up that legendary cloak.

But the cloak is fun because Visions are fun (especially in a group with friends, gotta say). So I don’t mind grinding the cloak. But regrinding reputation/world quests/raid from an obsolete patch? That I mind. If I could grind out all the essences I needed by doing content I enjoy (M+ for example) it’d be fine, but that’s not the case here.

have you SEEN how well lucid dreams sims for fire? it’s not minor at all lmao

So…Legion legendaries?

i hate to say it because legiondaries were objectively awful until you could buy them, but the difference there is at least those interacted with your gameplay. Corruption is passive, provides absolutely nothing interesting to your rotation and just exists to be another proc and its completely uninteresting

Neither did most legendaries. And you couldnt buy them until 7.3.5 unless you mean buying the slot machine token.

So you could buy them…when the expac was basically over