The stupidity of toy cooldowns

The toy’s animation lasts about five seconds. A one-hour CD on a 5-second duration is quite draconian.

You have never done a run for charity have you, when you’ve got thousands of players in one area which in itself causes lag like crazy…then add in the use of toys and that…makes it 10 time worse for many players…

they nerfed the toys in other ways also , for example: I use to be able to turn myself into Moon Moon (a wolf) and then use my wolf mount and ride on his back , it was funny, the stopped us from combining many of the toys, that is Blizz just killing fun.

3 Likes

I would recommend providing feedback to Blizzard that you feel toys should not be usable in specific times at specific locations, such as in these event areas you speak of.

I do not condone year-long draconian cooldowns on toys simply because people may use a toy during a yearly event.

In any event, I do not see how a 24-hour cooldown is reasonable on toys that no other players see the effects of, nor do I see how a one-hour cooldown on a toy with a five-second animation is reasonable.

6 Likes

Completely hillsbrad my foothills too!

3 Likes

I keep seeing people say other people are annoyed by toys and that’s why they have long cooldowns, but I’ve never actually seen someone say they themselves are annoyed by them.

Is there anyone at least in this thread who is? Skimming this thread there are maybe a few, but it’s mostly just what I understand “it can get annoying” or “it will maybe cause lag”.

1 Like

Because toys have the long cooldowns that they do, making it hard to coordinate a combined attack where the toys can be used to actually become a total annoyance in terms of creating lag for others.

I don’t even think it’s that long. I feel more screwed than I did by Ponzo. LOL

At least those effects last for usually a half hour to two hours. This one is like half a second.

And yet the flame torches while I dance have a 15 minute cooldown…

1 Like

The cooldowns are all over the place. Some like the Bubble Wand don’t even have a cooldown. The most bizarre ones are the Engineering Wormhole Generators! Some are 15 minutes while others are 4 hours!

I wish Engineers had a toy that could reduce the cooldowns.

1 Like

Some toys definitely don’t make sense when it comes to their function = cooldown. I’ve been a HUGE fan of the pet mirror to help take on their appearance or the other way around. The sad part is? Lasts 5 minutes but on a abysmal 1 hour cooldown, why? If there’s any reason for it, its likely very pathetic and can be properly done the right way. I get some toys have these cooldowns but anything with a wonderfully appealing affect and yet can take as long as an hour, or even a whole DAY, it doesn’t seem worth any more than it being a item meant to be collected for the achievement hunters.

Some toys definitely need a MUCH shorter cooldown or needs to last longer (Preferably shorter cooldown if you ask me) since a lot of these have little to no impact on anything else. And the toy I mentioned I liked a lot? It can have a minor but greatly positive effect for the Roleplayers.

I understand some of these are in place to curb toy-spamming toy trains and summoning toy-train destroying toys, there doesn’t need to be a lift on said cooldowns on ALL of them, just some where it isn’t even a impact on becoming annoying to anyone. Everyone remembered how annoying the Popcorn toy was, lost its spamming potential, even though its on a 1 minute cooldown and yet with enough players, can be obnoxious if they bothered. Yet here we are, with some toys being ridiculously on much longer cooldowns with no feasible way to be a pain in the @&# to anyone.

Its very clear that any toy that only largely visible to you, such as the Overtuned Corgi Goggles, doesn’t need to be on a cooldown. Anything that could be a twist but has no impact on gameplay whatsoever, equal its cooldown to how long it should last. Anything to potentially annoy players, such as the toy train, or the Popcorn, slap it for anything between 5-30 minutes… It isn’t hard to imagine how to make toys feel like toys.

2 Likes

It’s to make you carefully consider the order and speed of your toy battle lineups.

1 Like

sounds like a personal issue

I bet if your beg nicely they will give you a toy that allows you use it once every day to instantly reset the CDs of all your toys but it breaks and leaves your inventory. Also this toy is only available through the online shop for 25$

There’s really no reason for unreasonable toy CD’s in modern WoW.
Every other lore precedent has been crapped on, thrown out, or otherwise disrespected. People running around with toys going off 24/7 isn’t going to do much more damage than the writers themselves have.

2 Likes

Mallard Motar enters the chat.

In the 40 years that he/she has been gaming, this constant nerfing of the toy box is one of the most bizarre things they have seen,

How is reading comprehension that difficult now a days.

The cooldowns should just be dependent on what they are. Things like this shouldn’t be spammable, at least in instances, but some should def be shorter

Once every 15 minutes for a 0.5 second effect seems more reasonable to me.

2 Likes

Let’s be fair here if players click them more than 1 time an hour it will cripple their potato servers!

let’s be fair, these servers were made way before mankind knew what potatos were