The streamers found out about DD, its over

The fresh project on Deviate Delight was interesting, but now all the streamers have found out about and have come to ruin everything with their lame crap. It was fun while it lasted. I guess it was inevitable. RIP Vanilla Fresh.

2 Likes

I feel sad for you.

2 Likes

bankai jutsu angry

You should be thanking them. There will be far more interest in DD than there was. You’ll have people to group with now.

I wouldn’t worry about it. A lot of people like streamers. Yes, a lot of spergs show up because of them. But, overall it’s good for the population of the server. If people are having fun, it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

I would like it better if we had the population without all the streamer crap. I will never understand the appeal of watching someone else play video games. Must be a zoomer thing.

But whatever. I’m done with game now anyway. My sub expires on July 7 and I’m not renewing. I’ve played through all the content I care about.

Guild Wars 2 is looking pretty good though. No monthly sub and the community seems to be much better.

1 Like

The thing about streamers is that they, and their followers, tend not to stick around. You will be fine. Enjoy the influx of players you get to group with and just avoid the stupidity until they move on.

1 Like

No good deed goes unpunished, especially if someone else sees a chance to monetize your unselfish efforts.

All the streamers huh? Seemed dead last time I was on there.

Isn’t Alodar, who started this, a streamer? His intention all along, going back to when he tried to takeover Grobbulus before moving to DD, was to get mega streamers to advertise it for him to revive a dead server.

Anyways, I agree with Tubbly… these crowds are very “flavor of the month” driven for better or worse. They’ll be gone eventually too.

Or if you’re looking to bail, but want something different and small and comfy, we’re still here on Grobbulus raiding and doing our thing in both factions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is my thoughts exactly. Whatever effect they have will be temporary. By the time you get to 60 and do 50% of what you wanted they will be long gone on to the next thing to “drive engagement”.

1 Like

Hehe, I got an idea - everybody NOT a streamer or a follower of this: Just take a break. They most probably do not think it fun to be there all alone :grin:

They started the project lol :rofl:

Insert astronaut gun meme

There are streamers on DD?
Always has been.

I have it on good authority that Legacy is BiS :smiley:

Honestly, I wouldn’t write them off so quickly. The intent of DD is to revive a dead server and get the fresh experience. To make that successful you need a lot of people. Yea, some streamers don’t attract the best crowds but not everybody is a bad egg. In fact, I suspect you could say that about almost anybody.

I think this is probably a net positive thing for anybody looking to play on DD who didn’t get in on the ground floor of the fresh movement. Obviously be wary, but more people for a fresh server is a good thing. A lot might even stay!

2 Likes

OK, for me the memories of what happened when streamers swarmed the HC-addon thing happening in the RP servers are not happy. I would take a break and wait for the ungodly chaos to die off before spending any more time and energy in this.

2 Likes

Personally I find all the hype, drama, and followers that streamers come along with quite entertaining.

I wouldn’t flock to a server because streamers are there, but vice-versa I wouldn’t quit a server because streamers showed up.

If the gameplay is good, and Azeroth is poppin, I’m generally enjoying the game.

1 Like

The keyword here is swarming. I am not a fan of overfilled or suchlike servers. And drama, spaer me, I play to relax and to have fun. Not to stand in line, or to gape adoringly on some nincompoop, or not being able to play bcause said … is shooting his stream where I left off last time.

Think of them as modern day Jesters.

The show is for you Vanillataur! Enjoy it :slight_smile:

No I totally get that. I hate megaservers for 1 simple reason (that doctors hate), too many people makes the social aspect mean far less. Playing on whitemane, it feels like every day I’m told to avoid the new pot stealing boosted character. then I play on Mankrik and the only GDKP that happens are from trusted guilds. The smaller community makes even something I don’t like in GDKP, something I see as a neutral for the server.

1 Like

Yea I would agree with that, but I think that’s a different thing. Maybe the folks on DD might have a little bit of struggle with what they’re trying to do over there, but it sounds like they’re having that anyway. I guess that’s what happens when a small group tries to impose a ruleset on a larger one, there’s bound to be friction.

The dust will settle and people will just play the game. Like always :slight_smile: