The state of Stalagg, Heartseeker, and the damage caused by unofficial census reports

Sounds to me like all the Alliance on Heartseeker just have to transfer back to Stalagg!

1 Like

That solution has to be granted through blizzard, I was proposing one without a blue hand, that being said does anyone truly believe blizzard is that cynical?

The problem is that it’s never going to happen. Being vastly outnumbered in this game makes it a total nightmare to do anything, and Heartseeker is the only alliance favored PVP server there is. The odds of any significant number of horde transferring from top of the food chain to the bottom is next to nothing.

Blizzard ruined it by allowing transfers with no restrictions, and now its too late to really do anything about it. This alone is going to kill off a lot of potential Classic players long term, when they get sick of being outnumbered 5:1 everywhere.

1 Like

Agreed. Draenei were a mistake that should never have happened.

#saynotoblue

3 Likes

Nice Netherwind almost 50 -50

I don’t think that was anyone’s problem when they were fleeing ally side on Stalagg. It’s more that not very many people want to be on the dead side of a biased realm. Been there, done that for the last 13 years in my case. It was a matter of not wanting to do it again. And when I transferred, these unofficial censuses were putting heartseeker as a fairly balanced, yet still ally leaning realm at that point.

Regardless, your plea for people to stop transferring out to Heartseeker is moot at this point as they closed the transfers from Stalagg a couple hours ago.

2 Likes

Thank you for that I haven’t seen that post yet. I’ll update the OP.

1 Like

Long title, longer post

The folks who want faction balance (and I mean genuinely care about it) are outnumbered by those that just want to be on a realm where they have a large pool of likeminded players with lots of opportunities at endgame. It’s true for both PvP and PvE servers, though obviously it’s felt more on PvP servers a lot more since the outdoor world experience is negatively impacted when imbalances become too much.

Prior to CRBGs being confirmed, I figured BGs being single-realm would have been a way (a flawed one, sure) of somewhat encouraging players to seek balance on the servers they play. Now that they’re cross-realm, it’s less of an issue overall, though ranking will be effected anyway.

I played on Blackwing Lair as Alliance until late TBC, and the bleeding of the faction and growing disparity just made it unplayable.

1 Like

We’re more concerned with having a healthy playerbase to recruit from. I’m happy to be on a Horde heavy server otherwise.

1 Like

Well, Bloodelves had more to do with the spike in H pvp dominance. Akama, had a nearly 1to 1 ratio. When BE’s came, people who wanted to pvp as a pretty race now could on the horde, we went 1 to 1, to 75 / 25 % almost overnight

1 Like

To increase the chances of our voices being heard i encourage those concerned to tweet blizzard @ https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs

feels like 10 to 1 in alliance favor. Transferred to this server to avoid queues and to sit on a nice medium pop server - got stuck with a full server where ally attack in swarms camping every neutral flight path.

1 Like

Blindfully following the trend, they urged themself to take the boat out of skeram to hearthseeker. I trying to warn them that the margin of error was probably way over the roof with that addon, but it was to late, the fear as took over their ability to reason. They took the boat leeding to the “Promised land” of 50/50 and left behind the real chance they had to get a balanced home. Anyway, the damage is done and there is nothing i can do to reverse it now…

I’ll take my loyal fishing rod, head out to the docks with my empty backpack in hopes of getting back home with plenty of Oily Blackmouth, in preparation for the storm to come.

Thanks to those of you who tried to.

1 Like

it’s not that PvP’ing on a lop-sided server isn’t fun.

it’s that PvP’ing isn’t fun… griefing is.

simply killing someone in the open world doesn’t get that dopamine rush anymore, you have to camp flight paths / boat with a group, MC people off boat, root people in lava, kill hunters pet or find creative way to make them take durability hit…

We need phase 3. quick.

1 Like

My biggest gripe with playing Horde on Stalagg is that there aren’t any organic encounters while farming out in the world.

These are the only conditions I’ve seen involving world PvP here at 60:

• Alliance leveling (sub 60)–not worth the time to dismount and kill them

• Alliance at 60 running into a dungeon, immediately gets jumped by the 10+ Horde milling about at the entrance waiting for members

• Doing something in Kargath/Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes and getting run over by an Alliance train on their way to MC

1 Like

pvp servers are the full experience. Of course, most of that experience is garbage.

2 Likes

Given the methods those addons use to collect data, what makes you think they are not accurate? I can’t really identify a flaw with how they worked.

The numbers they provided were likely very close to accurate at primetime.

1 Like

The numbers were definitely accurate. The addon scanned /who using all kinds of filters to get all the numbers. Like when you do a /who warrior 60 and it shows 50, that usually means there are more than 50 total. From there, you can do a /who z-“Undercity” c-“Warrior” r-“Undead” and so on to further narrow down the list. You can even start searching for names with it too. Do that with enough filtering and you’ll pretty much never hit the 50+ cap on the list. That’s how they obtained such accurate statistics.

1 Like

Accurate or not, these numbers probably motivated some players to flee transfer, exacerbating faction imbalance on the servers.

1 Like