The Stand by Stephen King

I’ve read this book 31 times and it never gets old. Does anyone else have a book that they go back to frequently?

I’ve read The Stand a few times myself but not as many as you, I will admit.

The two King books I enjoy the most are The Shining and Christine.

But the book I’ve read the most over the years is LOTR.

I read the stand twice last time about 10 years ago. The first time it was the 800 pages or so edition . The second time it was the “uncut” version around 1100 pages if I remember correctly. It is a good read for anyone who has not read it because of the covid pandemic .

I don’t read books more than once anymore because there are sooo many good books out there that I need to read. There are some uncovered gems out there that you will never discover by rereading . This is just my opinion , there is no wrong or right way to read.

Goodreads is a good website to join because it keeps track of the books you read and also gives recommendations based on your taste.

Happy reading!

The Dark Tower. 19 times already.

You should get the joke if you’ve read the series.

I am not really into Stephen King. I think he’s kinda overrated.

I did like the Shawshank Redemption (and the movie too), Green Mile, and The Shining. I liked them because they focused on the human condition instead of wacky supernatural elements.

I think the Stand would be a lot better if it didn’t have any supernatural elements. Same for IT and other successful books.

And how the h-e-double hockey sticks would IT work without the supernatural elements?!?

And yes, I have read the Shining. Delah amount of times. I’ve read almost every single Dark Tower novel 19 times. I’ve been through those doors many, many times. And Roland still hasn’t learned his lesson.

The Dark Tower movie was 90 minutes.

The real monsters are generally humans. they fail to learn.

Except for certain novels, obviously. In the 80’s he was all about the villains also.

Stephen’s been writing about the human condition for decades.

(Sorry, I had a point and forgot where I was going.)

1 Like

I got everything by King, but the one book I keep going back to is Battlefield Earth: 29x and counting

Some books i reread every couple of years: The Stand, It, LotR, Gates of Fire, The Ninja, the “Projekt Saucer” series, World War Z.