The Stag & Unicorn Gay Couple in Ardenweald :D

I just played the 5th chapter of the Ardenweald covenant campaign today. I fell in love with Qadarin and Thiernax, the openly gay couple from the world of Fyzandi. It was a nice little touch how he subtly mentions his husband then it slowly grows into a storyline without feeling too forced.

Thank you Blizzard, it’s really nice to have that representation. Many will say it’s “unnecessary in a video game” and I’d generally agree. It’s never needed as any love relationship isn’t, but it’s really nice to normalize LGBT individuals who play the game. Going through your entire life feeling a little alienated makes little moments like this really cool. :grin:

147 Likes

Here comes the angry mob. Edit: I liked it too OP.

21 Likes

The fairytale kiss part was comical about it.

21 Likes

Yeah it’s 2020 it’s sad that we humans still try to make someone’s sexual preference which is such a personal thing it’s flat out dumb to make a fuss about it. Glad you enjoyed it.

13 Likes

I don’t even care. I’m happy and no one can change that! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Good, I’m glad!

4 Likes

I still don’t really know why this is such a big deal, but I guess I just look at people as people and move on. In any case, glad you appreciated it.

2 Likes

There is also an outcast venthyr gay couple (or what appears to be a gay couple given their dialogue when you get the toy) you can find while hunting down a treasure for the treasures of Revendreth achievement.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=182780/muckpool-cookpot is the treasure iirc.

One of them says “We did it, my love! The light is no longer impeding our survival”

10 Likes

It depends on how you do it, cause believe me, A LOT of entertainment is doing it poorly at the moment

2 Likes

I thought it was well done as well. I enjoyed their little storyline. Will be interesting to see whay]t they do in future chapters.

2 Likes

Yeah they make the mistake of making their sexual preferences be their core character trait (basically their defining character trait) instead of having it be something that adds to their character that can be observed. Basically they go for tokenism.

13 Likes

I feel you, as a straight dude I don’t really have a say on it. Though as a Puerto Rican I can see when Hollywood throws in some random sassy Latina/Latino with a truck load of tokenism.

7 Likes

“omg, media is providing representation of a minority group, my feelings are hurt”. Grow up

36 Likes

This requires the bear.
https://i.imgur.com/Wl1ieKg.jpg

13 Likes

I liked the way it was handled too.

4 Likes

I liked them. I wish they weren’t animals though. I would like to see how they looked like in life.

2 Likes

Dude right?! So many races to be discovered and they’re stags :sob:

1 Like

Aw, you know what’s great? Blizzard will continue to “push it” as you say. Not a thing you can do about an ever-changing world. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOOLOLLLOOLLL!OLLLOLOLL1LLOLLOLLL

What exactly is the LGBT agenda? What does this even mean? Does that mean that the straight agenda is being pushed as well? There’s significantly more heterosexual relationships in the game than there are homosexual.

Imagine being offended by a video game… Just imagine.

27 Likes

I will say this though, I am upset that there is no Spyro and Elora cameo in Ardenweald. Given that Activision Blizzard owns Spyro (mainly activision), I wanted a cameo. You can’t have dragons and fawns (well Sylvar) in a zone and not have one!!!

2 Likes