The Solution to PvP Gearing

Why? You can gear up entirely in PvP, you can gear up exclusively via pve. The best players will do both.

1 Like

Wod-style PvP gear is neither of those, though those do have their fans among the general population.

Elite players, especially those who are only doing PvP for PvE benefits just love it. The idea that only a few people don’t do rated PvP is absurd on all levels. Casuals have always been the majority in PvP, at least before they decided to turn casual PvP into a currency dispenser where elites could afk to free stuff.

But if you’re saying you’re a blizzard employee who has data to show that millions of casual PvPers have left over this issue and thus do not deserve consideration…that seems kind of odd.

The gearing system as a way for me to skip mythic+ and still be able to enter raid and compete on the meters with my pvp gear is nice. However, going into a battleground and losing based on health and damage stats of my team vs the enemy team is kind of lame.

I like the idea of the wod system as it will hopefully make pvp less of a grind and feel more fun instead of just melting players or getting melted based on your gear. It will also make it easier to tell when something needs a balance change as the numbers wont be skewed by dramatic ilvl differences. Hunters and rogues were globaling people at the beginning of the expansion thanks to the ilvl difference and were nerfed because of it.

You are ignoring the problem though. People don’t want to have to PvP for the sake of PvE. If you change the M+ and Raiding gearing systems to match the PvP system, it doesn’t stop people from feeling obligated to PvP. It’s just making it so everyone feels obligated to do all 3; because all 3 systems are time gated. If you just PvP, you have two or three decent pieces the first 2 weeks, but if you M+ as well, you have 3 or 4, add in raiding, you have 5 or 6. Meaning you aren’t fixing the actual problem. You are, however, adding a new one for Blizzard, in that people will be getting 2-3 times as much gear, so people will run out of stuff to do much earlier in each patch.

Divorcing PvP gear from PvE just makes sense. If you make one secondary stat exclusively have a PvP use, that gear will still be usable in PvE, but it will be a step or two below PvE gear of the same ilvl. That’s perfectly fine.

I’m enjoying this current gearing system. I wasn’t able to raid this expansion, so being able to still earn gear and stay competitive is great.

2 Likes

Did you read the part at the end where I said if you really wanted to divorce PvP and PvE you could use the same currency for both so that each week you had to choose whether you want to buy a PvP piece or a PvE piece?

Ultimately Blizzard wants people to do both PvP and PvE which is why I suggested having a separate currency first but if you really wanted to divorce both aspects of the game you could just go with one currency so players would have no incentive to do both other than simply wanting to.

separate currencies for separate gear types along with a stat on the gear that is not useful in pve, done.

Did you actually play WoD? Because that’s not how that system worked at all.

You entered PvP with nothing, even if you had raid gear, it was trash compared to PvP gear. So you’d still be getting farmed, it would just lack a backdoor route where you get decent gear outside PvP first.

Progression was "be the first people to the top, or be reliant on dailies, which were time gated enough that you’d have maybe the last 10% of a season to feel powerful.

1 Like

there were 3 levels of gear, if i remember right. the only one that took a while to get was the conq.

i dont remember if there was crafted versions but we should have that even now.