The Socket Coding Bug Finally Explained

Yes this game has no place for Templates or Scaling in PvP. The best PvP happened in old expansions TBC/Wrath when you bought PvP gear from vendors.

#RemoveScaling
#SaveShadowLands

I think there’s a video of someone confirming that it looks into your overall item level, nor just the equipped item level, is that right?

If that’s the case, then we would need to get rid of all the items in our bags that are higher item leven that the equipped ones, that we use to raid or just to raise the shown item level in group finder.

I would also say that the best PVP was TBC through wrath, but some classes in wrath got hurt by the GCD reversion, and DKs were a bit to strong then.

That’s what also what I’ve heard/read… it’s basing your pvp ilvl not from equipt but from bags.

I originally thought and I think it did function that way for a time but…If you buy all 266 item level green gear your PvP item level will still be 286 which is the same as being naked regardless of how many Epics and 480 gear you have in your bags.

My suggestion is take off ALL of your gear and work from the base template of 286 item level to do all of your test.

This post is for you.

Looks like we got the Bug fixed boys!!!

Now just remove scaling!!!

#RemoveScaling
#SaveShadowLands

2 Likes

Looks like it’s a bug… :rofl: :rofl:

For all the silly people that trolled this thread just smh… Did you really think sockets having a negative effect was right? Well doesn’t matter we made enough noise to get the bug fixed!! Now just remove scaling for SL.

Feel free to repeat your 267 ilevel belt testing.

Let us know if they changed anything.

Blizzard “hotfixed” gems increasing your PvP ilvl by simply disabling gems and their effects in rated PvP.

How do you mean disabled they seemed to work just fine in RBGs

You’d get destroyed.

Look at your sockets in PvP instance. It says they are disabled in rated PvP

Blizzard does care about PvP

But not nearly as much as y’all do.

They prob won’t ever appreciate it as much as you do or whatever antiquated RPG antics you want for their game.

We act like scaling is some nefarious spiteful thing that their hiding or not addressing but when they barely find it to be a bug

So much hullabaloo about nothing. How many people care about these .6 and .1 iLvls? I am surprised they chose to do anything.

I wasn’t doing that I just know they are actually providing the benefits. So I said they are working.

When it negatively affects your character and you go from BiS to having a bug. Who wouldn’t care.

What’s wrong with warriors?

I mean it affects a very small percentage of the player base. Why bother. Don’t they have much bigger issues to deal with. May be tone down this ducking grind fest for everyone! Whoever is planning this garbage is stupid af. Clearly shows in his priorities as well

It effects everyone in PvP because scaling effects everyone. PvP we are trying to Min/Max like everyone else and doing that shouldn’t have a negative effect that makes you perform worse in competitive PvP.

Yes they need to remove scaling in order to #SaveShadowLands

There aren’t any Devs working on the class design and it’s a shallow gutted shell of it’s former self. Imagine Prot not having D stance which literally was the core design of the game. Then it lost Shield Slam dispel it’s just completely lost.

I main Prot since TBC but had to reroll because it’s broken…

With that said Arms isn’t better and is more of a bleed spec than Feral? It’s incredibly gross and sad. Dps warriors are supposed to hit extremely hard and Deep wounds should be their 5th or 6th dmg on the meters. They aren’t warriors anymore.

They need to bring back Stance Dancing again and get back to the basics of what made players fall in love with warriors. Not touching it again till Prot has D stance

you’d be surprise how many people think 3% in stats is game changing.

First if you are supposed to be getting 3% stats but in fact are negatively affected and minus % stats. That is a bug and unintended problem that needs fixed thought that is common sense.

Second this is an RPG game and who doesn’t want 3% more stats. <—rhetorical question. Everyone wants 3% more stats because we are trying to get an advantage over the other players and it has always been that way and that will never change.