The Shaman tree for DF

Here’s to hoping Enhancement isn’t screwed on launch like they always are. Highly doubt we’ll have Chain Harvest but I have a feeling we might have something similar to the Vesper Totem.

Also let’s hope that we don’t have to choose between a gap closer and Nature’s Guardian.

6 Likes

I’ll be running pally (this one) and a sham and Drak in DF. So yea. Hope shams are good.

I’m confused. I thought only Druids could be trees.

2 Likes

I’d personally like to see a tank rework. The identity of Enhancement has felt a bit wishy-washy for the lifetime of the spec. That or a 2-handed variant would be hella dope.

Never gonna happen. They had their chance to be off tanks in vanilla wow but that idea got dumped quickly. Their identity is now a dual wield elemental fighter.

They reworked Survival Hunter to fulfill a melee fantasy that was a helluva lot less legitimate than Shaman tank. They really should have split the spec like they did with Feral, but that was probably because those came with forms. The talent changes in TBC were a kick in the teeth for people that wanted to realize the fantasy of a mail wearing, dagger and board wielding elemental tank.

Yes because melee survival made more sense and was an actual class back in the day up until MoP then specs made it ranged survival. Ranged survival also had no real identiity, it was in a weird spot between BM and MM and did nothing unique. 2h Shamans coming back I can foresee being a thing for sure, but tank shamans no, because they have identified as melee spell mages for ages now.

1 Like

No. Shut up. WE don’t want that.

If they are going to let Shaman be tanks, that needs to be an entirely separate tree. There is plenty of space to flesh out a bunch of Earth based powers for defensive abilities they just haven’t tapped yet.

Until Legion. The spec has been fine and getting better since then. Right now is the best Enhancement has ever been.

I disagree, these new trees could be the way to explore things that could be or could have been.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Getting Natures Guardian without having to give up anything important will be nice. I definitely hope we get chain harvest and doom Winds too. Wolf bones is fine but I’m not a fan of this stuff compared to just ripping big with ascendance.

Yes, I do like Enhancement myself too, I can’t tank worth beans so if I’m forced to go Elemental I’d be a bit upsetti spaghetti.

Doom Winds is awesome, I’ve always like it.

I dunno how they can do Chain Harvest without the Venthyr theming. Siphoning Life seems more like a DK or Warlock thing.

1 Like

nothing about shaman ever really screamed “tank” to me

healer, sure
caster, sure
melee dps? yeah why not

but a tank just seems kinda iffy

I hope they keep a version of the Hot Hands build.

1 Like

We originally (and still can) carried shields and have some defensives designed around tanking.

As someone in my guild found, Rockbiter originally generated threat as well.

2 Likes

Earth Shock also generated additional threat.

3 Likes

We’ll probably be the only class with a baseline interrupt.

I’m meh about Chain Harvest. I do want Soulshape though. No sense in that going away. Plus fits us thematically. Maybe would take Fae Transfusion if it reset / lowers the cool down of Feral Spirits like it does with the legendary right now.

Oh and a way to be a tank again. If they are reverting trees to being similar to Vanilla, give us the ability to be a tank again.

2 Likes

I just want more glyphs to change both our wolf form and Feral Spirits.

I would play again if Shams got a tank 4th spec. (Not replacing enhance)

Shams were tanks before, once upon a time, they were tanking gods of low/mid level. (Ripping threat from a level 29 dungeons-geared Sham tank was something even warlocks only dreamed of.)

1 Like

i’ll be mad we don’t get chain harvest back. and hot hands build can be thrown in the dumpster to much rng to even be good. you either shine or suck pass. and yes if sham get tanks it needs to be seperate spec i will quit they turn enhancement into tank.

Aragorn and Drizzt, the iconic fantasy rangers: /confused looks.

The only real travesty is basing Survival around polearms instead of dual wield.

1 Like

I once met R. A. Salvatore at a GenghisCon (Boardgame and RPG convention), nice dude.

1 Like