The Servers Aren't Stressed Enough

Big brain move doing it in the middle of a work day and gating a lot of your core audience by needing an active sub.

6 Likes

Yup I don’t think people understand what this is. There’s not much point trying to play seriously. Just get in there and have some fun.

1 Like

The Dwarven/Gnome, the Orc/Troll…the Undead…all too crowded to do anything. I get the point of the stress test but if there’s nothing to do in it but stand around and look at 1,000 other Gnomes and Dwarves all standing around idle, I won’t be staying logged in xD. It’s duller than paint drying. The login servers have been tested, people are in without DCing, now there’s nothing else to do.

5 Likes

There’s plenty of stuff to do, thing is you have to have some imagination.
Currently I am trying to run through STV as a level 2 Orc to get to Stormwind.

2 Likes

Really Blizzard, you set up all these Server to stress test, and you find out that they were not stressed enough, so you closed down a but two, and you leave 2 PvP servers… What the bloody Hell. you couldn’t do 1 of each?

Logging in and stressing the servers helps us a lot. The goal here is to deliver an appropriate play experience on August 27.

3 Likes

I’ll log back in when they reopen the pve server i was on.

2 Likes

The pay wall to help is unfortunate as I know there would be more helping without it.

3 Likes

It’s available for 3 days.

Well the experience is currently: we’re being forced to roll on PvP realms if we don’t want to, that’s not appropriate to August 27th and currently, the 3 hour stress test is boring as paint drying for us because there’s 1,000 people in each zone and you can’t do anything.

Just logged out. No way playable, unable to complete quests. everyone is standing around, claiming a spot, to tag mobs. ran round the complete starter area, 3/7 mobs killed, grouped up with 4 others. 40 mins later, I got bored waiting on the game to deliver mobs to complete quests. Over 50 players I think I counted running around waiting on mobs. This is not FUN, so logged out for now.

3 Likes

Hey there MR. Whiteknight blizz guy… THEN MAYBE, wait for it!

They should open the “STRESS TEST” servers to EVERYONE with or without a sub. This was 100% another shot at trying to milk people into paying some $$$. If you don’t think so you’re a blind fool.

It’s not like we’re in the beta testing anything or leveling passed 15.

8 Likes

I get that it’s a stress test but seriously, what are we supposed to do, play online chess in the background? I mean…even the rabbits and deer have been massacred. There isn’t even anything to kill xD.

3 Likes

This is good. Hopefully the stress test will weed out all these cry babies so that when it goes live we have less cry babies to put up with.

1 Like

It’s not meant to be fun, it’s meant to test the ability of the servers to handle X number of players. It’s not a demo…

2 Likes

LIES. It is meant to give them $. If they wanted to test the servers they wouldn’t make it subscription based.

11 Likes

Ok, seems to be working great, hundreds of people here, nobody is disappearing, not been disconnected once and I’m connecting from Europe and am not experiencing any lag or disconnects…can we get some more servers now please, it’s all working, apart from there being nothing to do whatsoever apart from play spot the difference between each other’s faces.

1 Like

I’ll concede in part on that aspect of it.

Well, IF this stress test is to find out how many folks they can handle per layer and still make it fun, then, there are lots of people online, no servers crashing, handling the load of logins just fine.
When will they stress test the game, so we have something to do, besides looking at a mobless terrain everywhere we look ?

I understand that and get that point its important to collect the necessary data, and I would think others do as well. but would an experience on the 27th realistically involve routing people to PVP servers? overpopulated starting zones where it feels like each layer extremely crowded. Wouldn’t a better option albeit more realistic been One PVE and One PVP, a good chunk of people in the test, really can’t do a whole lot. its more or less like watching a windows installation while competing for spawns (the realistic part there).
Cheers.