The RP-PvP Thread

I’m saying to leave the current UI to not have confusion. It makes zero impact on the game.

This is not entirely correct.

It was just Scarlet Crusade-RP at launch. (Or, at least, when SC was launched, since I think it was a post-launch server; IIRC Silver Hand and Argent Dawn were the only actual launch RP servers, with Earthen Ring a day later). Because RP-PVP servers did not exist yet, there was no reason for the RP-PVE designation to exist; all RP servers were PVE.

Once RP-PVP servers were launched, partway through vanilla, however, the RP-PVE designation became a thing. I don’t remember when they changed it actually on the server list, but in terms of overall communication and naming, they started calling them all RP-PVE as soon as there was actually a distinction to be made.

There will be zero confusion. It’s not hard at all. Anything that doesn’t have a pvp designation is pve based. I don’t know why that’s so hard. I don’t think many people will be confused at all.

You are wrong because that is why they changed it… simple fact.

I also witnessed it on the RP-PVP server… tragically… it actually resulted in a lot of Non RPers flooding the servers because they didn’t know what RP-PVP meant.

I would hear all the time, “How can this be RP AND PVP? How is that possible, they are two different things?”

I don’t remember SC ever having the PVE designation. I know Maelstrom said RP-PVP but Scarlet Crusade was just RP. Provide a link to prove me wrong.

Provide a link because i WILL NOT take you for your word on it.

Provide a link to prove yourself right.

As I said, I don’t remember when exactly they changed it in the server list. It is entirely possible that that update was post-Vanilla. But everyone, including Blizzard, started calling servers RP-PVE when RP-PVP servers came around.

No link will exist if I am right sooo…

wowwiki.fandom. com/wiki/Server:Scarlet_Crusade_US

Here is a wiki link which is the best I have found so far. No PVE designation.

Had to put a space before the com.

They currently, on live, are designated RP-PVE. You agree with this, yes?

The only question, then, is when exactly this designation was changed, and my point is that it was changed on different levels at different times.

The inflection point when it began to change is when RP-PVP servers were released, and that was during Vanilla. I don’t really understand why you’re so strongly against this.

I am not talking about Retail. I am talking about vanilla. I don’t care what is retail. No changes including realm designations.

Because you can’t prove to me it changed. Because you have to be stupid to be confused by a pvp designation on some servers and not on others.

I provided a link. Where is yours? Mine has a battlegroup which came out AFTER vanilla. Also, even if there is a PVE designation on retail servers I wouldn’t know as I don’t have retail installed on my PC. I uninstalled after I hit 120. Every google search just provides server types like : PVP, RP, RP-PVP, PVE, Normal. I can’t find a single mention of RP-PVE because RP without a PVE tag MEANS PvE.

Would you mind consolidating your posts and your thoughts a bit more before posting them? Triple posting seems unnecessary.

I would also prefer it if you calmed down some, because you seem really angry about this and I don’t understand why. It really isn’t necessary.

It does appear that you are correct, however; the RP-PVE designation seems to have been a phase that didn’t last long enough to leave a significant impression on the internet (I can find scattered references to it but nothing official). Probably the addition of warmode killed any references to it on live, as well, so it would have been a thing that occurred only for a relatively short period in the past, and it’s very difficult to find direct links to things that are by their nature niche and temporary.

Ohhhhh… You decided I am angry. You read words on a page and DECIDED YOURSELF I was angry. Dude I don’t get angry over forum posts. Stop telling people they are angry. Unless you are in the room with me you have no way of knowing how I feel. I’m not angry. I am right and you were trying to prove me wrong. I can post multiple times if I want. You are not the forum police.

I’m not saying that you’re angry. I’m saying that you seem angry.

You still seem angry, by the way, and I hardly think that making a polite request is out of line. If you don’t want to, cool. I’m not trying to force you to do anything, just asking if you mind doing something.

1 Like

Well I can’t make you think I’m not angry. All I can do is tell you im not. I never assume I know how someone on the other side of a screen is feeling because I don’t know. It is up to you to interpret the text. I can’t make you see me as happy. Arrogant sure but not angry.

I really hope they make a RP-PvP server I miss old Emerald Dream days

3 Likes

I’ve heard many people on Emerald Dream are planning to move to classic. :smiley:

This is the best possible server option…

2 Likes