The RP Community Wishlist

Hello friends on Moonguard!

With the creation of the community council and inclusion of roleplayers, we’ve been given a golden opportunity to make our voices heard. To do this, we need to clearly communicate what exactly it is we want.

To this end I’ve created a megathread over on the WRA forums, which can be found here: ‘The RP Community Megathread

I’d like for this to serve as one big repository where our representatives can go and see what exactly it is we’re looking for so they can communicate that to Blizzard. This thread is for everyone in the roleplay community, and players from MG and ED are strongly encouraged to lend their voices to it so our representatives don’t have to navigate across the forums to see what it is we want.

Please share this link around as well, the more input we can get, the better.

Edit: a huge thank you to Krokthar, Banshih, Jabtrah, and Rommal for putting together a Google Doc to help condense all of the requests! Please continue sharing your thoughts and ideas everyone, we’ve had a great conversation so far.

https ://docs.google.com/document/d/1clLauPHROvrnkA2RsycwmHZlLlY6i2YWQOAwOsjn4FY/edit?usp=sharing

Please keep sharing your thoughts and ideas MG! Your voices are needed on this effort as well so we can all benefit as a community. Thank you everyone for your insight so far!

(For some reason it won’t let me add a link to the post, so you’ll have to paste this into your browser. Sorry :/)

13 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment, but this is something that needs to be on a forum other than the WRA forum.

By nature of it being on the WRA forum, it’s mostly going to be engaged by WRA and serve as a WRA wishlist.

6 Likes

A few things:

• Please reuse the lvl 3 garrison tavern in Org and in other Orcish hubs. It’s a great building.
  • Please give us more racial and faction specific rp flag toys. Please include groups like the Argent Crusade, and even the Scourge.
  • Please give us a chair toy, that spawns a chair where the player stands, it does not expire until a player stands up. For larger races use backless chairs.
  • The Gallows End tavern in old Brill was once a vital hub of rp, please give us a building like that again. The current forsaken architecture is not viable for rp.
  • Please make the WoD tents able to be used in all of Warcraft, and have at least a 10 min cooldown to use. ATM they are only 5 mins long, and can only be used in WoD content.

More coming soon.

7 Likes

Hi Jerec,

That was something I definitely thought about when I made the post. That’s therefore the reason I shared it around on MG and ED as well, so we could get input from everyone, not just WRA. I didn’t want to have a separate megapost on each server forum as it would get difficult to manage and representatives to keep up with.

At the end of the day it shouldn’t matter which forum it’s on so long as everyone is voicing their wants for the community.

2 Likes

There is a roleplay forum you could have used.

That’s great you posted this on the Moon Guard forum and the Emerald Dream forum, but in a short time here, maybe months on Emerald Dream, this post will have sunk to the bottom where no one will notice it.

So again, it will become a WRA centric wishlist with most of the interaction coming from the WRA community.

3 Likes

I understand your concerns and they are valid, so this will be the last post I make about it so this thread doesn’t get derailed.

We had a big thread on the community council on WRA. The conversation started there about the megathread and I decided to keep it there because of the amount of traffic the WRA forums get. From my perspective, the RP server forums get more traffic than the story/RP forums, so I thought it would be better to just have it on WRA.

MG and ED will NOT be excluded as a result of that. I’ll make the occasional post to keep this post towards the top of the forum and I plan on reaching out to people from MG tonight, I’d like (with their permission) to link the Google doc in the original post so MG’s list is visible for the representatives to see and can be discussed. I haven’t heard anything from anyone on ED but I plan to try and get them involved.

Just because it’s on the WRA forums does not mean it will become a WRA post. I plan to take every step needed to make sure the representatives see feedback from MG and ED. I wouldn’t have shared the link around if that wasn’t my goal.

I understood the concern for the inclusion of the entire community from the start and I’m taking active steps to make sure those gaps are filled. MG and ED will be included in the conversation.

If at this point you’re still concerned about inclusion of others, you’re more than welcome to reach out and we can figure something out. I have no intention of anyone being excluded.

Hope this helps anyone who might be worried. I understand the stakes are high and I want everyone to be seen by the representatives.

3 Likes

Children!
Non combat battle pet models of each racial child, both male and female.
And if they really wanted to get creative with it, and make it more involved, create an offshoot faction of the Argent Crusade to serve as a “Red Cross / Relief Effort” organization that, among so many other things, could manage the orphanages and players can work on “adopting”. I would even be ok with them being a Bliz Store option if the proceeds when to a children’s charity!

4 Likes

I am here and watching! Thank you for making the forum post! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not trying to hate on what your goal is, bringing roleplayers to a central place to put out their ideas, but it’s one that is setup to fail from the start as it stands now. I don’t expect you to understand since you are from WRA, so it just seems natural to you to start a thread there, just as it seemed natural for Jab to start a thread here.

It’s just social dynamics and that is why your thread will never be able to achieve the inclusiveness you aim for. It’s on the WRA forums, it’s going to be WRA centric.

I’m one of the most actively engaged members of the Moon Guard community on the forums. I don’t read the WRA forums and I am never going to read the WRA forums because I have zero interest in WRA because I don’t play on WRA. That immediately excludes me from keeping up to date with your mega thread or posting in it. If you can’t get one of the most engaged members of Moon Guard to regularly follow it, how many of those that are lower on the forum interaction totem pole from Moon Guard are going to actively be chiming in on it?

If we really want to try and make a central post, it should be in the roleplay forum. We should try to get it pinned there and try to get posts directing people to it pinned on the forums for MG, WRA, ED, and any other RP server that has even minor population.

I won’t say anymore on this thread, I will be focusing my energy for now on reading the thread Jab setup on this forum.

Here is the Document for ease of organization! Feel free to use the comment feature! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1clLauPHROvrnkA2RsycwmHZlLlY6i2YWQOAwOsjn4FY/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Thank you Krok! Do you mind if I put it in the OP of this post and the ED post as well for visibility?

He went to bed but go ahead. More visibility it gets, the better we can collate additions.

2 Likes

Thank you! You guys put together the doc and I don’t want to commandeer it or anything.

Nonsense, we’re RP’ers and we’re all working together to collaborate. The community shines when we work together.

10 Likes

Hi everyone! Just a friendly reminder that if you have any ideas or feedback you’d like to give, please add a comment to the Google Doc or a post in the megathread (or both!)

Please continue to also watch the community council forums as well. Last I checked the RP post there had the second most amount of likes, right after the PVP thread. Let’s make sure we’re making noise and showing support!

3 Likes

Lots of good stuff happening lately! We’ve gotten feedback from our friends at ED, so we now have a strong representation of MG, ED, and WRA! Thanks to everyone whose contributed so far, it’s you guys who made all this possible. A special thank you to MG though for creating the Google Doc. It’s been a powerful tool and I can’t thank you guys enough for the time and effort that went into it.

There’s still discussions taking place so feel free to add a comment to the doc or the megathread if you think we’re missing anything. And as always please make sure to watch the community council forums and show your support to our representatives, they’ve taken the time to look through our feedback and post it for us.

Thanks again everyone! I’m incredibly happy with how this turned out. Our work is far from over but it’s the RP community that made this venture a smashing success.

3 Likes

Well my RP community wishlist would be revive the Dwarf and Kaldorei RP community on MG. More so Kaldorei. Use to lead such a group on ED and WRA.

3 Likes

Hopefully if we get even a quarter of the stuff we’re asking for we can get enough people back to revive these communities.

1 Like

Community Council needs RPers as well. Not just PVE and PvP. I like that they want to hear from players.

2 Likes

I would like to see kaldorei RP consist of something more than a sorority where the members all have girlfriends and wives while males seem more like tokens.