The Ripcord has been pulled!

Just an off hand example.

This isn’t a true ripcord if you still lose all of your anima, soulbinds, renown, flavour reps, etc. Everytime you swap.

I can’t just swap Venthyr and Fae for raid night because I’ll still have to grind renown for the bonuses.

1 Like

It’s not that we’re bad, it’s that after years of fighting for basic decency and respect in the workplace, watching suck-ups get the bonuses and promotions, and being screwed over for a fair wage while CEO make millions off our work, we just don’t care anymore and only put in the bare minimum so entitled people feel they are not getting their ‘deserved’ special treatment and so see us a bad instead of adequate.

(I think that is my record for a run-on sentence Mrs Peters from third grade would be so proud.)

1 Like

They said they are changing how renown works too after you reach a certain renown level though? I mean I already have 4 main guys one of each covenant to max renown. So that’s not an issue if you have that already I guess?

“When playing alternate characters, if you have already completed a given Covenant’s campaign on a different character, you will be able to immediately earn the Renown and third soulbind unlock without needing to replay the full narrative arc.”

It doesn’t take me a year to admit I was wrong and make the change needed. They received the feedback in alpha and beta and let the game not only go live like this but actively fought against the players trying to tell us why we should be okay with it. And that went on over a year.

So yeah, they should release it right the first time next time. Instead of actively ignoring feedback.

1 Like

Bring back input broadcasting.

1 Like

They specifically mention

That as well as the ability to swap “without restriction” implies to me swapping and keeping what you earned if you swap back.

After going through and reading all of the changes coming, one this has become completely apparent:

Blizzard is now in absolute panic mode with World of Warcraft. Things must be REALLY bad with the subscription numbers for them to be doing this.

4 Likes

Shadowlands wouldn’t need “saving” if Blizzard wasn’t so stubborn. Every change in 9.1.5 could have been implemented during Shadowlands’ release period. If they did all this from the start, Shadowlands would just be seen as a good expansion. Some of these changes were literally talked about during the PTR stages of Shadowlands, and they’re only now being changed. They need to stop waiting so long to make the changes, and just make the damn changes.

Shadowlands sucks because of the systems and alt-gating. It’s too late to change my mind about that, no matter how drastically they change the systems at this point. It will always be remembered as Systemlands.

All that being said, I am definitely looking forward to playing next patch. I haven’t swapped covenants once this expansion, so that will be a cool thing to try. Especially since we keep the transmogs now. I just hope we keep the Fun Guy/Gal title too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cosmetics are also usable by all characters of that armor class now. So you can swap to buy other covenant cosmetics as well with your main! Which I love… but I already lvl some alts for some of those covenants. Guess it will free up more of my time to do stuff I want.

Yea I noticed during super squirt lvling pet battles I could use the other covenant pets… which I thought was weird… I asked when did they change that? And now they say this stuff. Must have been planned for a while now.

I would say its because of sub loss or pressure – but they literally did this same stuff at the X.1.5 patches for both Legion and BFA

It does kind of seem that way.

My opinion was that if Blizzard “continued on course” they were in a position of strength, but if they changed course then it showed a lack of confidence in the metrics they were seeing. So up until this point I didn’t really believe the “hater hype”, as in conjunction with last quarters financials they seemed to be plenty good shape, but this lawsuit and scandal may have done a number on them if they’re making these changes like this in a 9.1.5 patch.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure we’ve always been able to battle with other covenant pets, we just can’t summon them.

If it’s anything like the Winter Veil pets, we can battle with them any time of the year, but can only summon them during Winter Veil.

9.1.5 might bring a few people back but I think it’s up to 9.2 to shake things up completely.

Let’s start it with you.

1 Like

Obviously. 9.2 is going to be the big “mini-expansion”. Multiple patch islands, big end-of-expansion raid, the return of tier sets, most likely a replacement for Torghast, some kind of new meta-progression to replace Renown, etc.

This is good, I’m glad to see they’re not being stubborn about it. But what’s concerning is that they either don’t have the insight to see this problem before launch or just flat out refuse to do anything about it until players speak up.

1 Like

But they are. They did same thing in Legion and BFA. And they’ll probably going to do the same thing with future systems. Ignore feedback for 3-12 months and then “fix” thing to bring back players.

2 Likes

I hope this is sarcasm. They waited almost a year to implement things players have been asking for since the PTR.

I’m glad for the changes, but Blizzard is DEFINITELY stubborn over this.

1 Like

They could’ve been even more stubborn and said “F you deal with the system as it is”

Ideally they wouldn’t have put this :poop: in the game in the first place. But that’s like asking a 5 year old to perform heart surgery.