The return of Soon™

That’s a really long way of saying, “Sorry, I was wrong.” But we all know you’re incapable of doing that.

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread. I assume this is in regards to them delaying the next stress test? I mean…they delayed a stress test. They didn’t push back the release of Classic (something that personally I think should probably be done). So I wouldn’t go all crazy that they’re returned to the old days when they only released something when it was ready. If that was the case they wouldn’t have given a release date until they knew the game would be ready, and bugs fixed by then. And their last update said something to the effect of ‘We hope to have these things fixed by release.’ Not exactly encouraging.

LOL, no you’re not. If you were then you would know how it works in the real world.

I wish I shared your optimism, but to the extent that “I want it now” and “I want it all” are mutually exclusive, I’ve seen much more of the former than the latter.

If that’s not the reason why companies have boards of directors and CEOs, what is?

Full disclosure: I’m not a shareholder, board member, or CEO. But you don’t have to be to know that there is a difference between them.

1 Like

You mean a bunch of people who know absolutely NOTHING about running a business breathing down your throat to make them money?

Shareholders are just investors. Most (almost all) businesses that are publicly traded intentionally separate them from the operations side of the business. Even investment groups like Vanguard, do you HONESTLY think that a bunch of accountants with one of the biggest investment companies in the country are going to be stupid enough to tell Blizzard or Activision, two prominant game development companies how to release their games?

They released a post about what they are planning to do to fix hunters.

I thought they addressed the hunter issues recently did they not?

Not to mention, hunters were basically unplayable at launch in 2004 so… #AuthenticExperience :stuck_out_tongue:

B nice is someone could just off him wouldn’t it…:nauseated_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

“We hope to have fixes in place for these issues before launch, but please note that we can never guarantee when or if any known issue will be fixed.”

Don’t gloss over the ever important final statement of that “hunter fix” post

Reforged and 8.3 won’t be out until 2020 I bet

8.3 will be out or “on the horizon” by Blizzcon. The next WoW expansion will be announced then.

You have definitely never worked in the real world if you think policy makers do not screw up entire organizations by saying “you told us this date so you better make it happen or you’re fired”. I guarantee you Ion lives 24/7 under that pressure.

What people fail to understand is that wow classic is not being viewed as a big ticket item at shareholder meetings. They aren’t gambling on classic being a huge game saving thing. heck, I don’t think they realize how big it is going to be!

With that distinct underestimation, comes a lack of oversight. Activision isn’t focuses on growing wow AT ALL, they’re focused on mobile games. I think blizzard has been given fairly wide range (which is good) in the re-development of classic because of how poorly BFA has been doing.

I didn’t read the hunter fix post as i dont play hunter… i was just trying to help you out.

1 Like

No. Activision calls the shots now.

This forum: “How dare Blizzard release Classic in late summer! Its practically finished, they should release it sooner!”

Also this forum: “Bli$$ard always rushes everything out the door because of Activi$ion!”

3 Likes

Haha, yep.

It would be like clockwork.

Fixed :sunglasses:

1 Like

C’mon, if there was consistency in that sort of thing, there’d be half the posts in the forum.