The reason Blizzard is doing nothing about unbalanced

What a silly comment. On a perfectly-balanced PVP server, I would expect Alliance players to be attacked EVERY SINGLE TIME those players try to go to BRD.

Why not? It doesn’t take 15,000 Horde players to gank you. You see 20 or 30 Horde around BRD, not 15,000.

How do you get from “there are 30 Horde near BRD” to “there must be 8,000 more Horde on this server”? Imagination! You made it up in your head! It’s pure fantasy!

Blizzard has tried various things to fix faction imbalances on PvP servers in the past. Never worked. Not for long.

The only thing that did work was connected realms and people complained. To anyone who doubts this, the forum messages still exist.

1 Like

Here is the problem. Assume I’m playing on a PvP realm in the majority faction but don’t engage in wpvp very often, like once a month. Am I counted in the playerbase when Blizz devs is trying to figure out how imbalanced a PvP server is?

This is pretty much why the raw numbers being thrown out by the addons, even if accurate, may not mean much in determining imbalance for wpvp purposes.

Wrong.

1. There is no solution that wouldn’t make the problem worst in some form or another. People would still complain that they aren’t doing enough.
  2. They have barely anyone working on the game and they mostly just want to forget about it. They don’t want to invest a team in solving problems of this magnitude.
3 Likes

Do you have any proof its not :hugs:

Really? Which ones?

PvP issue on PvP server with a PvP solution … ready for it … DON’T GO TO BRD ALONE AND EXPECT TO LIVE THE WHOLE WAY.

1 Like

Y’all act like alliance don’t chain kill Horde on their way to BRM either.

:clown_face:'s

No.

You wouldn’t.

Everyone loves war when they are winning it.

Horde run around ganking because they don’t fear repercussions for their actions. If it was balanced, it wouldn’t happen as often because they would be worried about not getting away with it.

And I’m sure every single Alliance player has come across the coward Horde players that don’t attack you until they see some other Horde around. Then they jump into the gully when they feel “safe”. Soon as they can’t win, they run for the hills.

Alliance does this too but you see it more on Horde because Alliance deal with Horde more than they deal with us. In original Vanilla WoW, this was Alliance. Horde were the underdogs then. But that only lasted until Battlegrounds were released.

And ever since BC, Horde has been an over-populated faction.

Horde players have just convinced themselves that they are “good” while Blizzard creates things like one-sided AV maps in retail that allow Horde to bypass major choke points, get to towers before Alliance and is just a handicap map that benefits Horde.

Also, didn’t they just shut down Flamelash because it had like 96% Horde?

1 Like

Back when Classic was just ‘WoW’ I had many friends that played on PvP servers and they all said that without going in their full raid group to the instance in BRM it was a corpse run the whole way but by going with the full group they could either make it no problem or keep the deaths to a minimum. Why is it in classic now that people are so unable to group together to solve PvP issues on PvP servers ?

2 Likes

I almost completly agree, minus part of your first point. There is a solution to the imballance and there are people working on it, just not Blizzard. We need more of the minority faction to stand up and invest in the new people rolling on the server. Go to lvl 5 zones and hand out bags. Instead of raid logging and sitting in Ironforge/Orgrimar they could be activly patrolling leveling zones, ganking the gankers, nobody is going to try to level in servers when every other mob a random Enamy runs up and kills them.

Point being it only takes one guy that has a few too many thinking he’s all that to go around groping girls to ruin a party. All it take is fifty or so Horde players thinking they are all that, spaced out and around the clock to camp Thorium Point and the Minithil Docks to basically suck the life out of this game for thousands of people.

I mean, you are technically correct.

Because 5 man instance groups are not 30 man raid groups.

Interesting take, because they limited transfers off my realm to Horde only.

Now why would they do that if the realm was balanced?

There are also Ally realms with a higher pop than Horde.

Vanilla had those realms as well, but back then people just stood together and didn´t come to forums and ask Blizzard to fix it. While I agree that a faction queue would have been good on release, it won´t do much now, nor will transfers, as everyone will transfer then and not just one faction, plus it creates further imbalance on other realms.

My advice, play another of your toons, I have created many and now just play where I can, there is no rush to be 60 anyways.

They could just implement a soft-balled LFR or cross realm grouping system to let anyone anywhere play and do what they want.

Then population isn’t a problem. They’re already making pvp cross realm why not pve?

ill say this one time NOTHING WILL EVER BE DONE ABOUT IT…re roll or quit.

I play both factions on my server, well my ALT rogue is there because a RL buddy rolled horde on my server and asked If would play with him so I have a horde rogue on the same server (second acct).

However with that said it’s painfully obvious how imbalanced the faction by volume actually is when you see both sides of the same server; I assure you even if the numbers are “wrong” they are likely close by ratio.

And that isn’t a function of population imbalances. Faction queues, faction caps, or any of that kind of thing aren’t going to solve that. That is organized griefing, on the pro-griefing servers.