The real reason *they* deserve ZERO praise for changes

Not a bad point

3 Likes

Why couldn’t you have posted this in the thread with almost the exact same title?

5 Likes

Because it’s a totally different topic, you didn’t spend any time reading the body before you posted.

22 Likes

The covenants were at odds with each other and all focusing on their own storylines in 9.0. They very much weren’t together in the slightest, hence why we had 4 different plotlines.

3 Likes

Lore-gameplay integration in a manner consistent with a roleplaying experience. Having to pay a cost in competitiveness as a result of an RP/aesthetic decision is a very, very silly way of incorporating that, in my opinion.

21 Likes

I don’t know what they can do at this point for you people. Offer up their firstborn?

15 Likes

Blizzards game , not yours. Don’t like it you can unsubscribe. When I go some where and don’t like the service I don’t go back. Stop paying them money to displease you. That’s what you are doing.

7 Likes

I mean, prideful was basically the theme of the first 8 months of shadowlands.

2 Likes

Get out of here with that selective quoting BS.

Convenient how you just forgot to include this ENTIRE paragraph. Get out of here.

55 Likes

I think they shouldn’t be forgiven so easily but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be praised either. When they make a decision we like, we shouldn’t respond negatively. I find myself being too negative a lot of the time too, it’s not productive. When they do good, praise it. When they do bad, vocalize the how and why

3 Likes

That’s not even the paragraph Briselody was quoting.

I also don’t see a problem with it-it was in their vision for the expansion for it to be a weighted choice. Devs don’t have to go against their vision if they don’t want to.

3 Likes

Not for nothing, but that line is specifically about conduit energy, they’re pretty dead set on covenant choice being handled “well”:

22 Likes

I agree with this, they admitted their mistake. Just hope they don’t repeat it like they did in the past many times

2 Likes

They are wrong too. It never made sense for covenant-swapping to be hard. The covenants were always on the same side. If a friend chooses to hang out with someone else, is that a betrayal?

4 Likes

I happen to agree with them. Covenants served the purpose of being a impactful choice.

Personally I think unlocking cosmetics completely is too soon. That should have waited until 10.0. Doing it now just completely removes any impact from Covenants at all. But whatever.

2 Likes

You guys need to learn to read between the lines. There have been MAJOR staffing changes along the chain of command at Blizzard and in WoW. In the corporate world, people can’t just come out and start bashing the people above them or the people who were formerly in their roles.

Statements like “these changes should have been made a year ago” isn’t just saying that they’re now listening to feedback, it’s a subtle way of saying “these decisions were made by different people a year ago”

Just like if your grandmother makes a disgusting dinner, you don’t spit it out and tell her it’s horrible, you chew through the taste of dirt in your mouth and say “Damn, granny, I’ve never tasted anything quite like this”

10 Likes

you’re full of it, peoiple like you make me legitimately angry wityh how dishonest you are with that

26 Likes

That’s valid.

Honestly, Im not particularly bothered either way. I’d have liked covenant swapping at will early on or having player power separated from aesthetics from the beginning, but I managed this long. so… /shrug

1 Like

Whys it matter to you your playing a 48 toon? Oh wait I posted on my 60’s so I’m using my low level alts to keep spamming garbage.

1 Like

That was in response to conduit changing and only conduit changing. The funny thing about that (in a sad way) is that instead of listening to feed back they created conduit energy because Blizzard will be Blizzard and had to limit systems.

When talking about Covenant they claim that it FINALLY made sense to allow you to switch them. That is laughable.

3 Likes