The REAL reason behind the queues

see though if Blizz don’t reveal statistics, where is he getting his info? I like Belluar and watch his videos, but lately they are all titled with the same clickbait that haunts most major streamers, and he’s always endorsing products, so who knows where his loyalties lie. I don’t doubt there’s more on classic atm, it’s the fotm. Soon though people will leave, some will stay, and I think the numbers will be more balanced/ Maybe not though, maybe classic slays it, and alll the currently married employed originals can come back, get divorced and fired, and we can go through another 6 year addiction.

Could player counts be estimated by number of servers and a tally of active players and those in queue?

The servers aren’t all full. There are a few still that didn’t have a queue at prime time yesterday

This is a good point. Why pay a bunch of programmers and personnel to make new WoW expansion when you can just run a skeleton crew that just keeps an already made game running. I mean hell, they could just release BC and wrath and do gangbusters for the next 6+ years at least without needing to create any new content at all

People take that clown seriously ?

By every measurable stick we have, of course Classic has blown bfa out of the water. We don’t have official numbers but this is not difficult to understand

WRONG. First of all, Chy-na. Secondly, if we want to stop the queues we must figure out a way to stop the trans-interdimensional vampires. Only then will be rid of the queues. Transfers/more realms is a bandaide.

1 Like

Cool conspiracy, but Blizzard is a company that wants to make money. If BFA/retail is a ship they internally recognize as needing to be righted then I think they’d rather observe classic and see how well it does and if in 2 years it’s still going strong and pulling retail then look to it to redesign the game going forward.

Also I don’t know why they’d care outside of saving themselves some egg on their face as long as you’re subbed. Whether it’s a BC server, classic, or retail you need to be subbed.

I think the population will definitely drop as people who didn’t know what they were getting into realize how much more polished retail is.

So I think blizzard being reluctant to bring up more servers than needed was a necessary evil especially considering the time investment required to level.

most online games have the same issues the opening week even though they know roughly how many people will be on, these issues are not exclusive to blizzard.

by next week everything will balance out, queue times will drop etc

Dear Blizz, You can have this idea for free. Apply your sharding/layering ideas to shards in general. The only main problem people will have with the solution is naming characters. So you make blocks of 5 servers, that someday will merge(the servers are just stabilized shards) and make the names unique to one character between all 5 servers. When populations thin force mergers with zero negative effects(this early.) You can even make server vs server contests between phases. The server who clears MC first will have the server name carry over when the merger happens for example.

Blizzard is engaging in some shenanigans to conspire against us, the pure and innocent playerbase is certainly not a “unique take”.

I’m not saying they’re conspiring against us. They’re not. They’re conspiring to save their jobs.

I think the thought of Blizz execs trying to tank Classic to save their jobs is absurd. 1, if Classic fails, how does that make anyone at all look better or more secure? 2, they’ve admitted mistakes before and moved on, so no. 3, Being sub based, it only makes sense for classic to do good, as they make bank no matter what version we play. 4,Fail or not, if people are worried bout their jobs, then Blizz is already putting the heat on them, and classic would have no effect. Long story short, Classic will not effect BFA developers jobs so quit the conspiracy theory nonsense. If y’all hate Blizz so much, there’s 90,000 other games out there.