The REAL reason behind the queues

This makes no sense. Everything is subscription-based. If they get more subs from this, then it’s a success. If they get re-sub’s to stay on and try out content they’ve missed out on that’s even better. It really makes no difference what people are playing if they keep their sub going. They get more subs, they make more money.

for one… classic is a guaranteed monthly fee… there are no wow tokens…
so while there isnt YET any by mounts or pets…
classic still presents a better consistant monthly fee than retail…

1 Like

Yeah but then when investors see the new subs are coming from the old game, and the current guys are what made them lose out on so much potential money by running the game into the ground, the investors will want the heads of Blizzard gone and replaced. That’s why. It makes perfect sense.

They could gain sub’s by playing tic-tac-toe and their investors would cheer. They don’t even have to develop a new game and gain sub’s? That’s a HUGE win. And they can potentially add content and further monetize it to the re-subs… Win again. They only question is how long the new sub’s last. And the queue is simply an indication of demand for a product. Win again.

I actually think it has to do with Stock Investor Confidence. I own stock and this is the Hype I would want to see in my portfolio.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s like saying if Old Spice original all of the sudden started to be a gigantic hit they’d try to not sell it because they were embarassed that the newer products weren’t selling as well. They’d crank that old stuff out like crazy. And the market would reward them for making money. Nobody would care at all that the newer stuff was being upstaged by the old stuff.

1 Like

That could be part of it

LOL. Think about this from a business perspective. Blizz is willing to do whatever it takes to boost their subscriber base. More subscribers = more revenue = more value on the balance sheet = higher stock price. This is the sole purpose of all corporations: to return value to their shareholders.

Right now it seems WoW Classic is doing more to do this than any xpac for retail has done in years. Management has every incentive to make Classic a success and to utilize it as a competitive advantage to grow their subscriber base.

There’s always going to be problems with roll outs: look at Disneyland. The fact that there has been such a huge turnout is more than likely causing champagne corks to be popped in the Activision Blizzard boardroom. And if you own stock, you should be clinking glasses too.

But yeah, sure, your conspiracy theory about a for-profit company intentionally sabotaging their own product so that the president can save face over some off the cuff comment that shareholders don’t know nor care about is perfectly plausible too.

3 Likes

What if… we don’t post conspiracy theories with clickbait titles and absolutely nothing to back them?

1 Like

I don’t think so honestly. Look at Runescape/Jagex. Their Old School game is much more popular than their modern game, but they still continue to release content for both of them, and no one has a problem with the fact that the old is better.

I think I backed it up very well. I provided the evidence, the motive, and the sequence.

1 Like

This is an interesting discussion to me. From a business perspective it seems like they should be scrambling to accommodate their customers but so many of the “from a business perspective” people think that not being able to get your hands on a product means customers will hang around until they get it…

No point in arguing though. I just wish I could stick around to see how it turns out.

Don’t you know, the solution is to just reroll on one of the new servers… every day.

2 Likes

I made money on ATVI today. Just sayin’

And what is your point? Of course their stock is going to go up because of Classic. In fact it should go up massively. That will lead to them asking the questions I’m talking about, the questions the heads of Blizzard and specifically WoW don’t want them to be asking.

there was no real evidence only your speculation and accusations.

Blizzard values Salary over Skill …

As far as I know they’ve increased servers for Europe. US servers still 8hrs long queues…

I think we need to create as many as we can tickets to Blizzard support. Maybe after influx of tickets they would able add more servers for realms…

See we pay cash for tokens ans subs, which pay for the game, as well as classic. They will not release sub numbers, so we will never know if classic is doing better. Also no matter what happens, only one has to succeed in order for the game to have a future, so I feel as though they will release the content on classic during dry patches on retail, and probly releas xpacs on off years, which if done correctly, you may never see the end of this game.

In Bellular’s most recent video he showed that WoW Classic has already blown BFA out of the water sub number wise