The real reason behind the poor state of PVP

use chatGPT to help you, im giving you tips

GIVE US MORE BGS!!!

Do I have to sacrifice a rabbit and a stack of money to a picture of Bobby for one?!

Yeah, and purge ebg premaders and we’ll be in great shape. :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

Open-community map designer WHEN blizzard

1 Like

Never, ever. :dracthyr_love_animated: Ever. Everrrrr.

:-1: I do not accept

1 Like

And bring back the blacklist. I’m tired of getting out of a bad solo shuffle and being thrown straight into Kotmogu when I’m looking for a chill BG afterwards.

If I wanted to be locked in a cage and forced to fight to the death, I’d play arena, which is fun when I have the mental (and friends) for it.

1 Like

They should add the blacklist to arena too, although we all know everyone would just blacklist blade’s edge and it’d be nothing but ele teams vs ele teams 24/7 on it.

1 Like

Then the occasional team that’d forget to blacklist. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

1 Like
3 Likes

So what’s the real reason?

You made a post talking about the dev’s being held accountable. And gave 0 real reasons why pvp is in a poor state.

The main issue everyone knows is a healer shortage which has been a issue forever.
Before you had to sit in LFG for HOURS looking for a healer.

And what would you like to see done? current pvp balance is pretty damn good, almost every spec is viable at the momemt.

The doom and gloom is hilarious no matter how good the game is. :rofl:

This is so far the best wow pvp expansion ever made. Wipe your tears and go play.

I’m as annoyed about PVP as the next person, but round-about insinuating you think some guy/girl should head home to tell their family they’re probably going to have to struggle until he can find another job because your video game experience is lackluster is kind of weak.

Also, to expand for those of you who may never have worked at a large company with 900 different forms of management. The people who make the decisions to allocate direction/resources are almost never well informed about anything at all, typically don’t know how to do anything useful, and are just there because they were management in another successful company before they came to their current one. So they will look at broad things and insist X be done with no real passion about the work being performed, and instead are just trying to look productive to investors, board members, etc.

So the people you’re pointing fingers at aren’t responsible for your lack of joy in the first place. It’s literally some dude who probably has never even signed into the game who is just telling everyone to hyper focus on PVE stuff because it’s the most popular form of content, and what retains the most players.

I’d bet a severed finger that 90% of the people who selected PVP are people who only do unrated BGs on top of it. lol Which we’ll never get them participating because at best most of them might hit 1400 or less rating in the current climate, and why bother going through the stress and annoyance of trying to get into groups, etc. just to get farmed and never get anything to show for it.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point too. “Pvp” is pretty vague, all things considered.

If you look at the “links” part of the post, the most popular link that people followed to get to that poll was from the arena forums, lol. That thread posted here was only reason I even knew about the poll thread, personally.

There’s just so many obvious things wrong with using that poll as an argument for anything past “huh, that’s kinda interesting.” And anyone saying it’s a representative sample of the overall wow population is fried beyond belief.

2 Likes

Also need to keep in mind that if you’re on the forums, you’re pretty invested, and typically concerned about the game. Even more than those that push content or watch streams (which is also an invested thing to do).

I’d say the average arena gamer is much more invested and willing to deliberate on things in the forums than… a dad raider.

A better option for polling would’ve been to make one appear on the character select screen, to get the widest sample range.

1 Like

It’s not round-about, it’s very direct. If I make a bad product at my place of work, then I am subject to active discipline. Enjoyment is the direct target of a video game, you can’t really put it any other way. It’s exactly what the product needs to keep continuing revenue growth. It’s simple business. There is risk to every employment, however, the employee is directly responsible for the level of risk.

This huge anecdote/tangent you go on about in this second paragraph tells me you have limited experience or a very negative view about your personal work environment. I could dig into this more, but there is no real use. You’re not understanding how proper management works, and you could really care less if anyone counter-argued with any real point. You’re not expanding much here but your own “capitalism is bad” ideology.

Again, you miss the point here, I am pointing fingers at the responsible individuals. My statement is very targeted at not just those that turn the knobs if you will, but also the people orchestrating the work that have a direct impact on the final product. Thus including to the generalized corporate figure you’re trying to sample here.

In summation, PVP feels incredibly unfun and unrewarding. You see that directly in the state of the ladder, and it’s current MMR flatline. The activity simply isn’t there to naturally expand the ladder, so they are going to implement rapid inflation. This isn’t entirely a quality fix, nor does it address some of the real issues players have. They are simply trying to equate rewarding to fun, and that never really lasts.

How much of this “it feels bad” has to do with current rating being slightly lower than normal, though?

Except there is no one person responsible for PvP (maybe Holinka but he left). There is no WoW PvP team. We are a mini-game, and we are allocated resources fit for a mini-game.

They work on PvP pretty much whenever they “feel like it.”

I think a lot of people confuse the issue with the deflation issue. It’s very often not the “system” that’s keeping you down as far as I can tell.

The symptoms of the deflation keep a lot of people who normally would be playing at a higher rating than say 1600-2k within that range, possibly on alts, possibly just because its not very fun and they aren’t trying.

This is why I’ve just been focusing on using this deflation thing, frustrating as it is, to try and get better, because I’m playing against people who WILL kick my butt if I let them.

We talking spankings here?

Absolutely. However some nerd seething about not being able to get his elite mog or whatever your meltdown is stimming from doesn’t constitute unemployment seeing as how no one cares about PVP.

I just find it pretty lame that you’re wishing people’s lives be ruined over your video game experience. Lol

Limited as compared to what?

Not entirely. I’m actually a very reasonable person, if you made a good point I’d let you know about it.

Shot the moon on this one.

Wrong. Points been pretty obvious, ‘me no have fun think people need fired.’

Oh,… so fire the whole company? That should make your arena matches better for sure…

Disagree. The content feels alright, the MMR cap doesn’t.

my cold hard truth theory is that this game will never ever be a real popular game until gear isnt a “thing” in pvp.

this is the era of instant gratification… when people download a game they want to start having fun now… not in 2 weeks after they grinded out their honor set, tier set and conq set etc …