The Real Problem With Battlegrounds

11/09/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Jdpp
I am looking for an example of a legit complaint that was told to git gud.

Are you being serious?
11/09/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Arthurdayne
Greyhide: "I guess that's a matter of opinion. When the 30 year old who repeatedly flunked the 3rd grade so he could be the best fighter at recess was told that something had to be done, that was his response... "why? there isn't even a problem here.

Seeing that he/she is trying to rationalize a video game to real life but failing miserable, let me help you. There is nothing in this game that remotely relates to real life. Greyhide is trying to use witty insults in order to make themselves look like they are taking the moral high ground. So let's run down the gambit of things they have said:

11/09/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Greyhide
Unfortunately, they are not breaking any rules. They have just as much right to be there as we do.

First and foremost, he/she agrees we are doing nothing wrong and that we are playing within the ruleset. Simply because he/she doesn't like it is their motivation.

11/09/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Greyhide
And it's the same 2 people "crying" back, switching alts and defending each other.

Apparently there are only two of us posting in these threads and just switching between alts. If there are only 2 of us representing the ENTIRE twink community then surely there can't be but a handful of us in game. In another thread I listed 199 pages to sift through about complaints of heirlooms then asked if we created those threads too? their reply was ….."yes".

And somehow through all of this, you decide to come here with your 11th grade vernacular to somehow bolster Greyhide's statements? Are you serious? Let's breakdown your educated "stance" shall we?

11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Arthurdayne
What you are experiencing from "Whidow" is a defense mechanism technique used by folks when they start to feel a sense of inferiority. The internet is filled with this. Most often, it's because you made a logical point to your counter-argument that they have trouble crafting a rational response to.

Please tell me where their logical point is? That the original poster stated that facing twinks isn't allowing them to be competitive when their entire post was laced with words like leveling, progression, getting to max level. Where in there does competition lie? The competition to get to 120 first?

11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Arthurdayne
Instead of humbling themselves and admitting that you have a point

If they had a point, which they didn't, they lost all sense of credibility when they started spouting off statistics or statements that they couldn't or can't back up. What about our point of gearing has never been easier? Did they humble themselves to that? Seems like is went more like:

11/09/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Greyhide
Take that away from them and you're taking away the last form of accomplishment that they have in this game. How is that fair?

Please come back and reaffirm their stance that we would have nothing if they took that away yet insult someone for armory shaming them.

11/03/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Arlanos
I will tell you right now that absolutely nowhere in any situation does enabling twinks (xpoff characters) or premade groups in the same battlegrounds as regular leveling players work as an attempt to remedy queue times 'work

Now I could sit here and keep quoting and posting and trying to "defend" my position but quite frankly, there is nothing to defend. We have stated numerous times that gearing has never been easier, we can all agree that there are broken specs and items and they do find their way into the bg's but there are ways to counter them. if you all were "competitive" you would know this.

It seems to me that you all like to hide behind the moniker of "Protector of Noobs" yet what you are really afraid to admit is that you really are bad at this game and can't stand it that us "tryhards" blow you up so easily. I mean, after all, all you want is your Heritage Arm....I mean competition.

I guess we can't have the best gear or friends in this game for fear of upsetting these entitled ones anymore.....

Ohhh, I'm sorry. I used him/her I guess I should have asked what pronoun you identify with...….
/popcorn
11/09/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/09/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Jdpp
I am looking for an example of a legit complaint that was told to git gud.

Are you being serious?

9999 of 10000 complaints on these forums are git gud situations. This game wouldn't exist if it was any other way.
I hate to slide in for the coup de grace but...

Seeing that he/she is trying to rationalize a video game to real life but failing miserable, let me help you. There is nothing in this game that remotely relates to real life. Greyhide is trying to use witty insults in order to make themselves look like they are taking the moral high ground. So let's run down the gambit of things they have said:

What insults are you referring to? Also, just because you don't like a comparison or are upset by it, does not make it "invalid" or "failed."

First and foremost, he/she agrees we are doing nothing wrong and that we are playing within the ruleset. Simply because he/she doesn't like it is their motivation.

So are you saying I'm wrong for defending you here?

Apparently there are only two of us posting in these threads and just switching between alts. If there are only 2 of us representing the ENTIRE twink community then surely there can't be but a handful of us in game. In another thread I listed 199 pages to sift through about complaints of heirlooms then asked if we created those threads too? their reply was ….."yes".

And somehow through all of this, you decide to come here with your 11th grade vernacular to somehow bolster Greyhide's statements? Are you serious? Let's breakdown your educated "stance" shall we?

Ah, so when one of you make an exaggerated reply, it's not ok but if someone else does it, it's "grab your torch and pitchforks!"

If they had a point, which they didn't, they lost all sense of credibility when they started spouting off statistics or statements that they couldn't or can't back up. What about our point of gearing has never been easier? Did they humble themselves to that? Seems like is went more like:

Several have been made to you. If you spent as much time trolling as you would constructively having a conversation, you would learn to be more objective. Trust me, it works.

Please come back and reaffirm their stance that we would have nothing if they took that away yet insult someone for armory shaming them.

I don't really understand what you're saying here. I defended you again, so what's the problem? Also, nobody armory shamed anyone. Someone tried armory trolling only to realize they were talking about a character that has not been played in 4 years.

11/09/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Whidow
It seems to me that you all like to hide behind the moniker of "Protector of Noobs" yet what you are really afraid to admit is that you really are bad at this game and can't stand it that us "tryhards" blow you up so easily. I mean, after all, all you want is your Heritage Arm....I mean competition.

The very demeanor that we've been discussing. Thank you for reinforcing our point on it. I sincerely do appreciate it.

Thank you, by the way. Multi-quoting is fun.

11/09/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Jdpp
9999 of 10000 complaints on these forums are git gud situations. This game wouldn't exist if it was any other way.

Nobody is talking about "other complaints." We're talking about a specific group of people. Focus, please.
Damn Whidow, what have you done? lol
11/09/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Greyhide
Focus, please.

I don't think you are focusing here. I asked for an example of a legit complaint with someone replying to it with a git gud. It was on page 2 and you replied with..

11/09/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Greyhide
Happy to oblige. I'll give you several.

Now here we are with you telling me to focus without any examples...
I don't think you are focusing here. I asked for an example of a legit complaint with someone replying to it with a git gud. It was on page 2 and you replied with..

Did you bother looking through what I showed you or did you just click to see what it was?
11/09/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Greyhide

Did you bother looking through what I showed you or did you just click to see what it was?

I am not clicking through someones forums posts. I asked for an example and you didn't give me one. Why not just give me this link next time?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/

Your answer is there you just need to click it.
Ok, now I see what you're doing.

I usually don't fall for that stuff but I will admit, you got me.

Well played.
11/09/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Arlanos
OR we just don't feel the same way about being bent over as you.

That's why now I'm the one who "bends others" instead of whinning about it on a forum, see the difference?
What insults are you referring to? Also, just because you don't like a comparison or are upset by it, does not make it "invalid" or "failed."

Here's a comparison for you.

GreyHide - Man, I got passed over for promotion again! I would really like to know who got that position and why they deserve it over me! I mean, I have been with this company since the beginning!

Random co-worker - I dunno Grey... I mean, look at you. You come to work unkempt. For gods sake, your shirt has holes in it. Your always wearing shorts. Everything is wrinkled. Not to even mention your hair....

Greyhide - All that shouldn't matter! I mean, I show up to work, don't I?

Random co-worker - Yeah, but sometimes you leave early because you get mad, Just saying..If you were just more like Whidow over there. I mean, she works well within a team, always best dressed and is well liked and has been here just as long as you...All I am saying is if you want to progress, dress the part...

Greyhide - Man, I ain't got time for that stupid stuff!! They better recognise!

Sound about right?
Seems to hit home does it not?

So are you saying I'm wrong for defending you here?

If you call that defending, thank god you're not a public defender. How about you just state what you think the problem is, specifically and leave the melodrama of you defending us to …..us.

Someone tried armory trolling only to realize they were talking about a character that has not been played in 4 years

But according to you there are only two of us here switching between alts.

The very demeanor that we've been discussing. Thank you for reinforcing our point on it.

What, you didn't want to fall back to listing all the posts from before? And here is a news flash for you, the topic at hand was "The Real Problem With Battlegrounds" you know, what the original poster thought was wrong with bg's? It wasn't about salt, it was about twinks and premades. So there was no point to reinforce. But I see what you tried to do there. It's what you been doing the entire time, some call it bait and switch.
11/09/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Greyhide

Well played.
Why not just quote certain posts rather than having him look at all the posts this guy made?
11/09/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Jugajr
11/09/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Greyhide

Well played.
Why not just quote certain posts rather than having him look at all the posts this guy made?

I think it sank in that he can't find anything and that was his attempt to weasel out of it.
Here's a comparison for you.

GreyHide - Man, I got passed over for promotion again! I would really like to know who got that position and why they deserve it over me! I mean, I have been with this company since the beginning!

Random co-worker - I dunno Grey... I mean, look at you. You come to work unkempt. For gods sake, your shirt has holes in it. Your always wearing shorts. Everything is wrinkled. Not to even mention your hair....

Greyhide - All that shouldn't matter! I mean, I show up to work, don't I?

Random co-worker - Yeah, but sometimes you leave early because you get mad, Just saying..If you were just more like Whidow over there. I mean, she works well within a team, always best dressed and is well liked and has been here just as long as you...All I am saying is if you want to progress, dress the part...

Greyhide - Man, I ain't got time for that stupid stuff!! They better recognise!

Sound about right?
Seems to hit home does it not?

Hit home for what? You're comparing "completed" people, not progressing people. I'm sorry you had to type all that out for nothing.

If you call that defending, thank god you're not a public defender. How about you just state what you think the problem is, specifically and leave the melodrama of you defending us to …..us.

No thank you. I have the utmost compassion for people like you.

11/09/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Whidow
But according to you there are only two of us here switching between alts.

Your point?

11/09/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Whidow
What, you didn't want to fall back to listing all the posts from before? And here is a news flash for you, the topic at hand was "The Real Problem With Battlegrounds" you know, what the original poster thought was wrong with bg's? It wasn't about salt, it was about twinks and premades. So there was no point to reinforce. But I see what you tried to do there. It's what you been doing the entire time, some call it bait and switch.

Did you miss where I said "demeanor?" Do you even know what a bait and switch is?

11/09/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Jdpp
I think it sank in that he can't find anything and that was his attempt to weasel out of it.

Oh wait, you were actually being serious? lol I'm so sorry, buddy. I thought that showing you a link where it immediately shows you posts like that and telling you that there were examples on the very page you were asking on was obvious enough. I know people like that at work. He doesn't know how to read between the lines. He's one of those "verbatim" people. They don't have to say "lol git gud" verbatim things almost identical, but just for you...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766906783?page=15 - locked

12/18/2017 09:20 PMPosted by Ruthlessmage
This sounds like a get gud situation

11/08/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Abombanation
The point of Twinking is to Min/Max to an extreme to see what you can do and farm some kills in BGs. Twinking is fun to get 30, 40 or even 50 killing blows in a BG. The person who thinks this isn't fair has 2 options. Twink and fight fire with fire or actually just keep leveling.

At no point does Blizzard need to move Twinks to a different bracket and it is completely fair as it is currently. The option is up to you, the player to either git gud and fight the Twink and become one or just move along.
Woah. Did I just read an Abombanation quote not retaining to nerfing a class. You know your full of crap when abomb is on your side on PVP. Case closed
People use the term "crying" for every legit complaint now-a-days as a poor man's way to silencing someone from having something fixed.

THIS.
11/09/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Whidow
11/08/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Arlanos
the aim is to play competitively.

go and buy AH gear to compete in a casual battleground

I get it, I really do. You just want to show up and profit.

the gear you purchase has a short lifespan of relevance

What exactly are you purchasing? Gloves, boots, wrist and a belt. We have already shown that the difference between a level 31 item and a level 39 item is insignificant. All these heirlooms and enchants go a long way in your journey to 1xx.

11/08/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Goldmember
Yeah put us back in our own brackets and give me rating back.

No thanks. If you want to petition Blizz for a separate bracket that deals with rating only be my guest, but leave the "us" out of it.

Show up and profit? No, I want to actually fight without some player that is so poor at the game that he needs to fight in low level brackets with a sweeping advantage against the majority showing up.
11/09/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Ziprokket
I'm one of those newer players that quit queuing low level bgs because of twinks.

That's ashame.

11/09/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Boltaction
well this was fun to read on my lunch.. to the op. Guess what dude classes aren’t balanced during leveling. And it sounds like a lil more practice is needed on your end. I’ve never had a twink so I have no bias here but I had no problems in bgs during leveling. Sure do I get my butt whooped? Yea. Did I gain experience which is what I was there for? Yea. if you are doing it while leveling its to get a break from the boredom. Just have fun

You play a hunter class which is designed to capitalize on their pet utility for easier leveling and combating others with an additional source of damage, you have zero strength to your argument.
11/09/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Arlanos
Show up and profit? No, I want to actually fight without some player that is so poor at the game that he needs to fight in low level brackets with a sweeping advantage against the majority showing up.

Then please entertain us and post on any character from 15 to 99 that you think should just be able to "compete"... we'll keep the lights on....

so poor

sweeping advantage

How does that happen, you coming here, all back of the bus, complaining about fairness and insulting us yet posting on a toon that is....lacking. It's amazing that you come here to complain yet you NEVER post on the toon leveling... it's always from a 1xx perspective.

I've shown you mine (gear wise) why cant you show me yours? I mean, if you are going to show up here complaining, at least have the decency to show up on the toon in question.