The RAID is Timegated

It is timegating, but it’s largely timegating that doesn’t have an overall impact in the grand scheme of things.

2 Likes

Why even wait that long, just unlock it all in the same cadence as normal.

4 Likes

So it is for a story telling mechanism. I can get behind that as long as the story itself is worth telling.

3 Likes

Why even wait for that? Why are the people who do LFR required to sit around and kick rocks for weeks to months while the conclusion of the story - which arguably casual players care about much more than people pushing progression - is reserved only for the eyeballs of the “elite”?

8 Likes

Anduin gots a boo boo and he needs you to kiss it better

3 Likes

TBF, normal raiders are far from “elite”, but its still silly it takes 2 months to unlock LFR.

3 Likes

:rotating_light: Wee Woo Wee Woo :rotating_light:

Negative opinion police here to save the day! No blue responses necessary.

3 Likes

so it’s timegating

4 Likes

I just think Mythic World First should be cleared before LFR.

Kinda diminishes the whole WF race if the Jailer is dropped in LFR first.

I mean, the impact is that it’s not possible to complete the full raid until the Mythic raiders get a shot, three weeks after the initial release of the first part of the raid. That’s impactful.

1 Like

He’s dropped in normal first, he’s dropped in Heroic first. why would it matter that he’s dropped in LFR first?

5 Likes

My boy Anduin would stomp you. Come at me

Oof this is a terrible idea. I really really hope you guys change this idea.

I think the vast majority of WoW players hate arbitrary time gates. They add nothing to a game and only add frustration.

3 Likes

I think so? But my memory is fuzzy.

Oh okay. So I’m not losing it. lol

Can we just let raid finder open one wing each week?

8 Likes

I hope it actually makes sense story-wise and isn’t a repeat of the whole “we had to wait until 9.1.5 to make Covenants easy to switch because of the story even though they were all working together by the end of of their campaigns in 9.0” thing. I mean, I guess it doesn’t matter to me functionally since I don’t really raid anymore but it’s an annoying design philosophy I’d rather you guys went away from.

3 Likes

Guess I just don’t see it. This largely doesn’t effect the players since a lot of folks probably aren’t even reaching Anduin in that time span.

Why? Mythic raiders get all the best rewards heaped on them. Who cares if some schlub in LFR downed the boss on LFR difficulty while they’re still working on progression? Mythic raiders don’t even care about the story, where it’s pretty much all that LFR raiders worry about it. There’s no less prestige to a world first just because someone else already did it on EZMode.

The difficulty is the challenge. Not the timing.

1 Like

Or even better, at the same cadence as normal/heroic… It’s always been stupid that people who do LFR have to wait 2 months

2 Likes

What worked a decade or more ago is not the same thing that works today. The player base has changed expectations have changed. They even talked about how they have stuck too much to past ideas. Yet here they go again.

1 Like

I did stipulate ’ as long as the story is worth telling '… I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.