The Raid is great, dont overkill the tuning

The damage goes through immunities on some of the bosses.

1 Like

Cata and previous expansions didn’t have Normal, Heroic, and Mythic, so this doesn’t mean anything.

2 Likes

ITT: People who weren’t good enough for Heroic excited to be in pseudo-Heroic raids.

N feels overtuned. We’re not talking 60-70% overtuned, we’re talking like. 10% at the absolute very most. It’s enough to be noticeable without being impossible. Going into N feels like accidentally leaving it on M from old content runs and not realising it til you start having issues you don’t normally have.

4 Likes

They had Flex, which became Normal (and Heroic adapted to be like it). Before Flex, they had 10/25 mans - 10 man considered the “easier” setting.

And there’s been “hard modes” going back to WOTLK that would up the risk/reward, sorta a defacto Mythic.

Regardless, it’s subjective. I like the current way Blizzard’s doing it - it feels just a bit more like old school WoW than it used to. Others probably hate it for that very same reason.

Erm…

What? Heroic was introduced with either ToC or ICC, and had 10 man difficulties through Wrath.

Mythic was added in Mists.

Torghast was nerfed?

I dont know that dot that huntsman puts on you from sins arrows i think it is, thats just brutal man

1 Like

It’s brutal - you basically can’t afford 1 person getting hit who isn’t being targeted, and of those being targeted, you ideally want 1-2 of them to be able to use some form of block/immunity.

If 3 or more are constantly taking the dot, your raid leader is out of his mind if he blames the healers.

2 Likes

I know Normal is aimed to be tuned at “Friends and Family” style organized raiding.

3 Likes

hell leave a dot that ticks for 10k damage every two seconds good luck with that brother it was hell on us

1 Like

Flex was introduced at the end of MoP which was the OG normal mode and very easy.

Before that you had normal (modern heroic) and heroic (modern mythic.)

10s in Wrath were a weird case because they were even more faceroll than modern day normals.

If you wanted to experience old school normal, you could simply flip it over to heroic mode.

1 Like

It honestly needs to be nerfed across the board. Boss HP, insane. 7-10m fights on normal is a joke. Certain mechanics like the blood councils stacking debuff doing 10k+ a tick unless of course everyones doing 3.5k+ dps. It’s wildly overtuned and this is coming from someone with US 100 raiding xp. A normal raid has never been this difficult, ever.

17 Likes

And if you want casual pick-up Mom & Pop raiding, you can simply flip it to LFR?

I’m not really getting your issue. It’s kinda in the title.

This is why we should go back to having one raid difficulty! Make it all hard!

You can keep LFR

1 Like

But vanilla and BC weren’t hard.

9 Likes

But the game is hard now, imagine how much more fun it would be!

What’s hard to understand about normal being overtuned?

What makes no sense is wanting it to stay that way because you want more challenging content, but not actually doing the available challenging content.

8 Likes

So then show up and don’t suck and you’ll Down the boss like 100s of guilds our there

Make mythic standard, keep LFR.

You’re telling me: “If you want challenging content, do Heroic.”

I’m telling you: “If you want to look for a raid with random people, do the setting that is literally called ‘Looking for Raid’ that puts you with random people.”

I guess that’s what I find challenging to understand.

1 Like