The prerequisites just to access shadowlands covenants are obscene

I just want to use my convenant tmog on my alts. The expansion is over, why is blizzard making people do the entire campaign to access covenants on alts. I am already renown 80 with venthyr on my monk.

Need more info here. Once transmogs are unlocked, you should be able to use them on alts.

Can’t you? Once you’re max renown with a Covenant, you should be able to use anything you’ve collected on any alts that are capable of wearing it. It sucks that you can’t currently collect appearances that your character can’t wear, but that’ll probably be alleviated with TWW provided you grind for all that silly anima.

you have to be in the same covenant as you’re renowned character is to access the transmog on your alt character but to access covenants on another alt you have to do the entire shadowlands campaign on the alt character

I really don’t believe this is correct.

I can use venthyr and night fae leather mog on my Demon Hunter who was only a necrolord.

I can use the special venthyr back knife cloak appearances on all of my toons - even new ones that didn’t exist in shadowlands.

Are you sure you are 80 renown?

Once you are 80 renown with a covenant, I’m pretty sure all mog becomes useable by every character.

And to be more specific - you must be 80 renown with all covenants to allow all the four Covenants’ mog to be useable on alts.

For example - if you are 80 renown with venthyr, all of your characters on that account can use venthyr transmog.

But if you are not 80 renown with Kyrian, the only characters on your account that can use Kyrian mog would be toons that are currently a part of the kyrian covenant.

You don’t. Talk to the NPCs in the Oribos embassy/enclave/whatever it’s called and see if they’ve got the campaign skip…assuming you’ve completed it once on your account already. Or go out back of the inn and see if the fatescribe dude has an option for you.

You don’t even need to do the covenant campaign on an alt unless you want that specific armor type’s appearance and you haven’t unlocked it yet.

1 Like

No. Once you max out renown for a Covenant, any other characters on your account can use the appearances you’ve unlocked. You do have to do this per Covenant (so 80 with Kyrian wouldn’t let you use Necrolord items–you would have to hit 80 with Necrolords too unless the alt in question was also in Necrolords) and your alts can only use compatible armor types, but it’s patently false that your alts need to be in the same Covenant or that they need to go through the campaign at all once you hit 80 on the Covenent you want to share appearances with.

I know this, because I’ve been using Covenant appearances on several of my alts that have never even set foot in Shadowlands before.

Imgur

This is a section of the collection tab on a lvl10 Warlock alt that I’ve never taken out of Orgrimmar. You can plainly see several mogs from all four Covenants because I collected them and then hit renown 80 with each one on this here Monk.

The only sticky wicket at the moment is collecting appearances for armor types other than the one of your current character, but that will probably change with Warbands.

2 Likes

That’s not correct. I skipped straight to picking a covenant on several alts, including an Evoker. I was max level, not sure if that matters or not.

it is content you never did - why shouldn’t you have to do it?

Renown doesn’t take that long to get on alts now. You can buy your way up to like 60 renown from a vendor almost as soon as your alt is level 60, can’t you? I’ll have to go look at the vendors again, someone chime in on this.

It does take some time to collect the anima.

Incorrect.