The predictability of Blizzard

Every bot they ban is $30. They love bots

4 Likes

I believe this is true. How did you get a hold of Bobby Kotick’s playbook?

4 Likes

They could have made fresh TBC servers from the start… which would have been the most fair. No carry-over from Vanilla Classic. But then they couldn’t offer boosts…

It’s sad that the decision to not have fresh TBC servers is purely greed based. The worst part is they consider it worth destroying TBC economy for it. They don’t give a damn about a good experience for the players.

6 Likes

Sadly it’s all about maximizing shareholder profit

2 Likes

Read the annual report?

3 Likes

Because painfully obvious that most of the players don’t care or don’t want “fresh” servers.

2 Likes

Better report them to the IRS so they can revoke their non-profit charity status

2 Likes

If you’re such a prophet then why buy the boost? You doubt yourself so much that you believe there’s a large enough chance that they’ll NOT do fresh and you HAVE to use the boost before it goes away?

1 Like

Because, quite obviously, people want to play it. More to the point, it’s a better game than the crap they put out in retail.

Except you don’t buy the boost. You get one automatically.

What are you complaining about?

What?
You realize you don’t get a free boost right?
Maybe I am misunderstanding the point?

2 Likes

You are wrong.

Lol this guy thinks the boosts are free.

Look at him. Look at him and laugh.

2 Likes

What are you talking about then? Because the level 58 boost is not free.
It is $40 or comes with the $70 pack.

2 Likes

Boosts? You mean the dark portal pass!

Doh, you’re right. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Haha no worry. There’s a lot going on especially the whole monetization stuff and whatnot, easy to confuse one thing for another or get lost in the info.
I honestly thought you might’ve been talking about carrying over your characters from vanilla.

If I was this mad about a video game I would just stop playing it

1 Like

I am not sure about all of this.

I remember TBC release, they offered new realms some time later and everyone jumped those. But a year later, they became very empty.
Blizzard just cant open realms all the time, they need to find a way to keep communities together, else they must merge or connect realms all the time and this is not without a downside too as we can see with the classic era now.

I still support one fresh realm for pve, pvp and RP but they have to disable transfers and boosts.

Ofc best would have been, if TBC would be a completely new game with new servers, but ofc. this not every player would have liked and it would also be a financial loss I guess without transfers, boosts and clones.

I honestly do not think there will be any new servers. We have had a post up requesting new TBC Classic servers with no cash shop conveniences on them for several months now.

This thread was created back in February. Yet despite having 43K views, 2.9K replies, and over 700 likes just on the OP it has been completely ignored by Blizzard. Not a “yes”. Not a “no”. Not even a “maybe”. Nothing…

I don’t believe these servers meet their new monetization plans of pandering to the whales who will pay much more money to them than just a subscription cost to play the game. I had hoped that with the release of Classic WoW that there would be some ignition (even if it was a small one) of the Blizzard spirit that put “Gameplay First” as one of their eight core values. Unfortunately it appears these days that monetization of their games comes before any other considerations and that we few remaining RPG’ers are simply not the whales they are looking for to play their games.

At least their squeezing as much money out of TBC Classic as they can might save the jobs of a few hundred employees. With luck it will fill their coffers enough to pay their overpriced CEO for doing absolutely, nothing without their having to fire several hundred people to maintain their profits.

I would really not count on seeing any new servers at this point. I know I am not.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.