The post-Ulduar gear iLvl squish suggestion is a TERRIBLE idea - here's why

OMG just make Ulduar last longer if you want it to last longer. Do you realize how much thought and work people put into planning what they’re going to play in WOTLK and what gear they’re going to use?

Don’t shoot your self in the foot to appease people who’ve been playing on private servers for a decade(not paying you). They’re bored of vanilla WOLTK and want to make changes to keep it fresh for them. They’ll just go back to their private servers when they don’t like the changes leaving us with the mess.

6 Likes

I agree the ilv squish is bad, there will still be reasons to go back into Ulduar. I want to play wrath, give us wrath as it was originally without any changes to gearing.

2 Likes

Bro, Blizzard is trying to milk this expansion for as long as it can… they need to get as much money as possible from WOTLKC… war on players boosting, no rdf, and now this crap.

They will not listen to common sense… they will do this change and they will make the phases so long to try and milk as much sub money as they can… this expansion will last so long its going to irritate every player.

Really liked the post, lots of realistic points that blizzard just can’t wrap their head around… and this Community Council man… I can say I literally hate everything out of their mouths.

1 Like

Horrible suggestion.
Just extend each pre-ICC phase from 3 months to 6 months and get done with it…

3 Likes

What happened to no changes?

2 Likes

The proposed iLvl squash is shortsighted and terrible game design.

Do not do it.

9 Likes

I was going to play wotlk classic but now I’m not so sure.

It’s some Frankenstein wotlk. They literally are taking the best wow product blizzard ever made and ruining it.

“Oh look we had 13 million subscriptions during wrath, let’s change it”

The real blizzard died long ago

2 Likes

Keep in mind that this is still “just an idea.”
But that’s a hell of a long, detailed blue-post for something that is seemingly only an idea.
I hope more people catch this on their radar because it doesn’t seem to be well-known as of yet.

I can’t believe I looked forward to this naively believing nothing would change.

That blue post makes me want to puke dude. They don’t care about the player they just want to extend your sub.

2 Likes

I think Blizzard is (understandably) concerned that subs will drop in T9 because the raid content is known to be a few levels below Ulduar and ICC. But this is an ill-founded concern with an even worse proposal

4 Likes

LOL

This is what the community gets when they allow Blizz to make major changes.

LFR was the canary in the coal mine.

Wrath Classic will be nothing like Wrath

4 Likes

Ulduar was not important during ToC. I was there. ToC replaced Ulduar.

1 Like

I wonder who make these genius changes for WotLK. It will be so good to just keep the origional settings but seems that Blizz like to show they know more than us. LOL.

2 Likes

This is why I am totally against it. People will still feel obligated to run Ulduar during ICC progression which will only contribute to player burnout. Alot of people quit because of this in TBC.

1 Like

Just want to say that I support the opinion of the author of this post. I Hope Blizzard will note it.

1 Like

I don’t play classic but isn’t the point of these little realms to let players re-live the original state of whatever expansion is “classic” at the time? I don’t understand why they are changing anything about it at all. It’s not current and it really, at least to me, feels like it defeats the purpose of “classic realms” entirely.

1 Like

Imagine a new tier of raids having better gear then the previous phase.

5 Likes

i imagine the difficulties should interlace, so the easiest new raid helps you complete your progression through the hardest previous raid.

afterall, that yogg+1, +0, Firefighter, Algalon is not that trivial. Jousting on a horse is underwhelming as a replacement.

New raids come about, some are easier, some are harder. Forcing people to raid the same raid for 6 months because the next tier isnt as enjoyable is going to lead to severe burn out, regardless of how good everyone’s memory of ulduar being is. People are going to get bored of it eventually, trying to force a raid to stay relevant by nerfing all loot from future raids sounds like a terrible idea to me.

what made Vanilla great is that all raids were relevant the entire expansion.

1 Like