The Post-Fourth War World

i agree with this one, but here our friend droite suggested that the horde should keep theramore and the surrounding areas while at the same time the forsakens can keep lordaeron. like… nani.

So it doesn’t matter that the Horde’s limbs have all been maimed, they need to suffer the eye for an eye on top of everything else that has happened.

Do you even think about what you are saying? Count how many cities each side has in the game at present. I’ll wait.

1 Like

Which is why horde cities shouldn’t be destroyed.

3 Likes

the alliance did not did any of that, that is why it needs to be the alliance the ones who does it.
i mean, have you seen the last patch, the alliance did nothing while saurfang randomly got his redemption despite that the war was started by him, what anduin does? gives a speech and jaina says that we are probably saved because saurfang’s sacrifice, oh, what a great hero. and the alliance? yeah, cardboard.

i know that they recently gained some on top of what they already had minus lordaeron being lost, but that wasn’t the alliance who did it.

This is not what I asked.

Count them.

So, break the cycle by destroying the Horde?

It would also effectively reassert the Alliance power fantasy of being the only real power in this world; and would make sure that the game went back to its Vanilla days … insanely scewed in favor of the Alliance to the point where the Horde players had zero relevance in the story post level 40. And, yeah, you are seriously stating that your solution, the only path to satisfaction of this narrative, is for the Horde to allow themselves to get wiped out by the Alliance; and just leave it be.

Screw it man, you’re so full of crap. You constantly try to preface your arguments with “I dont want to punish the Horde players”, but is very clear by now that what you really mean is “I don’t think the Horde players should be punished for what Blizz did with their faction, but if they could just be punished anyway that would be great”. You seriously do operate off the idea that this is the Alliance’s game and that the Horde players should just be lucky that we get to exist in it all.

Alliance. 6
Stormwind.
Ironforge
Exodar
Boralus
Blackrock montain
Hm… ¿Stromgrade?

Horde 7
Orgrimmar
Silvermoon
Suramar
Highmontain
Echo isles
Thunder bluff
Zuldazar

This is EXACTLY the question, droite.
The alliance AGAIN is the one who does this “lets break the cycle and lets forget that destroyed city, again, but this time with a genocide, lets forget that the last time the civillians were tortured for fun”

Do you think that is fair that the horde would be forced to “break the cycle”
No, but the opposite is also true, and it already happened, and is happening again.

i mean, wasn’t that what sold the horde in the first place? that they were “underdog?”
Where does that argument goes when the “underdog” destroys alliance cities and get away with it? how it is even possible that literal caveman can match people in the space age?
do you think that is fair?

i didn’t played vainilla back in the day, i started during the cata days, that is when i started playing, and boy, it seems like i choosed a bad time to be alliance.

Maybe, i don’t deny that i don’t want to see the horde in any way.

i told you already that this is still true but it is apparently impossible separate them from the horde as a faction in the story, so what can we do about it?
i mean in this thread i try to offer alternatives so forsakens players don’t have to lose lordaeron, but i will not accept that they can keep lordaeron while at the same time the horde keeps theramore.

That is why i go with the “eye for an eye” route because something in exchange is far better than nothing at all.

No, that is your assumption, i believe that this game should be 50/50.
i believe in the eye for an eye, i believe in justice.
i believe that a triple A company can and should give both sides equal or at least more fair treatment.

1 Like

So the Alliance has 6 Capitals cities, the Horde has 7. The Alliance lost 1 Capital, and a City that decided to throw away neutrality to support the Alliance’s war effort. The Horde is down UC, and you demand 3 more? And we all know you’re not referring to the AR cities we just picked up. So, that would mean that what you are demanding is the destruction of Org, TB, and Silvermoon. Echo Isles is not a capital, it is effectively a new settlement created after the Kul Tirans and Naga destroyed the Darkspear’s ancestral home.

On top of this, you are asking for the heads of those responsible for the war? The only two core Horde racial leaders still in charge atm are those that were the most distant from the Burning. Baine and Lor’themar. The first of which finally couldn’t stand sitting idly by as Sylvie did as she pleased, and more or less planned to sacrifice himself to give back Derek. The second turned on Sylvie the moment a viable alternative to putting all his faith in the Alliance was provided. Who are you killing? What characters lives do you want?

So, in conclusion, what you want is the destruction of the Horde; in all practical purposes. You want the leadership more gutted than it is. You want its major power bases raised to the ground. You want all this for a narrative satisfaction you feel entitled to, that you openly admit that the Horde player is not worthy of. The Horde will mechanically remain a part of the game, but for all narrative purposes … we will never, ever be allowed outside of the Alliance’s shadows; because to actually build the Horde back up into something that one could actually tell stories about … it would require far, FAR more work than you’d allow.

1 Like

You forgot Bilgewater Harbor.

I mean, if we’re not counting Echo Isles I’m not sure we can count on the wreckage of the Exodar and the few hundred Draenei that live there as a capital either, in all but gameplay.

4 Likes

i am sorry how is this relevant? Theramore was never neutral, it basically founded the current alliance. in fact, it was going to be the alliance capital before blizzard decided to rebuild stormwind. but we are talking about the early days.
We can do a 2x1 between gilneas and theramore in exhange for a horde capital, does that sounds more fair? i mean, anything at all would be nice.

i believed that we had something better than theramore when kirin tor went alliance, but no, it had to be ruined by the horde again by making them neutral alongside one of our supposed “legendary heros”.
it feels like the horde constantly ruins our stuff on a consistent way. is pretty amazing to be honest.

That wasn’t the alliance, that was sylvanas.

Yes, garrosh and sylvanas as minimum. the others are fine by me considering that is not like they had much of a choice or even knew about it. (baine,lordthemar,thall,ect)
maybe their loyalists but thats it.

Eh no, this game should be 50/50. that is all what i say.

I was going to mention this, too.

Though if we are counting Allied Races, the Alliance got Mechagon, too.

1 Like

This is so human paladin it’s funny

fair point, i totally forgot about them, i can’t believe that blizzard made thrash gnomes allied races.

You know

We could be avoiding a lot of these issues if instead of making the Exodar they just… updated Theramore back in BC.

So I guess… Stromgarde evens it out in the end, if we count it.

He also forgot Dalaran. Which is a city that the Horde had only been allowed back into for the sake of battling the Legion. The Sunreavers aren’t aren’t welcome to live there again as far as we can tell. Aethas still had to bend the knee to the Kirin Tor. You also picked up Mechagon in BfA folks.

Quite bluntly, there is nothing stopping Gilneas and Gnomergon returning to the Alliance beyond Blizzard being too lazy to insert the assets to do it. Thats the only thing stopping them. Same reason Exodar and Silvermoon are still ruins that are not even a part of the main world.

So, if we factor this in:

Alliance Cities: 11

• Stormwind
  • Gilneas
  • Stromgarde
  • Boralus
  • Dalaran (which is still Alliance controlled)
  • Iron Forge
  • Aerie Peak (thought Id forget the Wildhammer capital)
  • Blackrock Mountain
  • Gnomergon
  • Mechagon
  • Exodar

Horde Cities: 8

• Orgrimmar
  • Thunderbluff
  • Thunder Totem
  • Echo Isles (which is a new settlement to replace their ancestral homes)
  • Zuldazar
  • Silvermoon
  • Surumar
  • Bilgewater Harbor
2 Likes

i don’t have problems with balance, i have problems with that “balance” comes from the other playable faction.

Why would you accept the list at face value?

The manner in which you answer this question reveals your bias. In truth, I knew you would put together a list that shows the Horde ahead, but I was curious to see how you’d do it. Now I have an answer.

That you would count the Echo Islands of all places as a “city” of any sort is laughable. If you’re going to count the Echo Islands, I’d count Gnomeregan. See how disingenuous that is? Then, you start counting AR cities… seemingly at random. Highmountain, a city? If you can count that, then why not Telogrus Rift or the Vindicaar?

Now, I see what you did there with Suramar, which would be a good argument for you, except… well, I was going to have a screenshot in here of all the hostile mobs in Suramar when I walked through it, but you’re going to have to take my word for it as I apparently cannot post image links - or roll a Horde toon and go there yourself and see how much of a “Horde city” it is.

Alliance:
Stormwind
Ironforge
Exodar
Boralus

Horde:
Orgrimmar
Silvermoon
Thunder Bluff
Zuldazar

4 cities to 4.

2 Likes

This is what is known as a gottem moment

1 Like

That hasn’t happened, at least not yet. Might not ever happen, seeing how little the Devs care for Worgen.

I don’t buy that, with how it stayed out of this war.

Shadowforge City. Blackrock is still up for grabs, I think.

Pretty sure its still uninhabitable as of BfA with the pet dungeon and all.

Hello yes welcome to the story forum where we discuss the story of WoW.

2 Likes

Wow, easy there.
gilneas is still a ruin.
Stromgrade … debatable it is more a warfront apparently.
Dalaran is neutral now. khadgar is neutral. They betrayed us.
aeirie peak? what?
Gnomeran is still a toxic ruin.

Here is the problem with all that.
they still haven’t answered what they have done.
i do understand that alliance was favored in terms of cities and zones, i know that.

But my point is simple, if balance was so important, why not make a third party or natural disasters do the job?
They choosed to make the other faction do es it, alright, fair enough, Now is our turn. and balance needs to be restored by the wounds inflicted from the other side. “a wound that can never heal” in blizzard own words. That is why we should have eye for an eye.