The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

YES!!

you get extra bonus points for killing players in mid air!

1 Like

That’s why I suggested the sharding, so that you wouldn’t have that disconnect. If you’re a Ghoul or you opt-in, you go PvP. If you didn’t opt-in, then you only see NPC Ghouls and a reduced number of them.

Not everything has to be cranked to 11 difficulty-wise. Some people enjoy a calmer experience.

Other players are going to be actively coordinating groups against each other. I would rather just be left to my own devices. Those players are going to seek players like me out and intentionally wreck their experience. That’s PvP, which I didn’t sign up for.

Weird, I thought half the ‘hype’ around this ‘PvE event’ was getting to kill players on your own faction.

7 Likes

Very well said.

A few people want to take the fun away from everyone.

13 Likes

Currently some people cant even fight the ghouls because they are pvp flagged and you are not so you just get beat down with no option to fight back. Plus the lag is so bad you are basically a ghoul before you even load in all the way on the ptr. Sure you can have your chaos killing everyone but its not fun when I cant even do anything on the ptr right now due to all the lag.

5 Likes

It’s a WORLD event, not an opt-in event.

And it isn’t your place to say how it is done anyway.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Seems a lot of unnecessary work for an event that’s going to burn out in short order and all just to satisfy a small number of people with brittle spirits.

5 Likes

Then it’s my place to not take part in it. I’m just suggesting ways to make it more tolerable for the folk like me that otherwise go take a break with PSO2 or whatever else is on the market until this works its way through everyone’s systems.

4 Likes

The ghoul has it’s own set of abilities.

This isn’t a solo game. At some point you will be affected by other peoples actions.

/end

6 Likes

Yes, and you get flagged, it’s awesome, you get to chase down your friends and chomp on them.

5 Likes

Then go play a calmer game for two weeks. If you don’t log in during this event, literally not a single person will care. You’ve already paid Blizzard. Nobody loses but you.

10 Likes

I get to choose when that happens. That’s what War Mode is about.

/end

9 Likes

Oh…in that case no thanks. Sounds boring.

You do, but it is still a PvE event as in order to kill anyone you have to be a ghoul.

In fairness, he’s not suggesting that the event be cancelled for everyone. He just wants an opt-out for himself.

9 Likes

Let the chaos reign! Kill them all! Infect them all! NONE SHALL BE SPARED!!!

2 Likes

Not just flagged, last time it let you go through both faction portals. So you could be Alliance, turn into a ghoul, and go through a portal to Orgrimmar.

3 Likes

The whole point of an event like this is the chaos it brings. There 100% should not be an opt out.

I take that back the opt out button is already there, “Log Out” or “Exit Game”

7 Likes