The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

There’s a massive different between ‘living world’ and ‘gank-filled hell’, and I can tell you quite clearly which side of the spectrum this is going to fall on.

Good, so you’d opt-in. If there were nice bonuses to it, I might consider popping my head in as well, but there aren’t, at least not enough to suffer an endless gank-train. So I’d just opt-out and not ruin your fun.

Not a great solution, but if I have to take a week or two off, it’ll let me dodge this nonsense. I’d rather play, but I guess I did something wrong and so have to be punished. :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

21 Likes

PvE servers existed because some people didn’t want to PvP. Shocker, right?

24 Likes

It’s quite a thin line, actually.

Christ, the drama.

I can practically hear you asking for the manager.

Go on, tell me I ruined Christmas, I need more retail fever dreams to come back.

40 Likes

This right here. Not only that, you don’t get to opt in when you’re the one being invaded.

3 Likes

Is there another word for it? The griefers are basically going to say ‘you don’t get to play this week’. So what’d I and other like-minded players do to deserve it?

7 Likes

Why? They already have the sub money.

1 Like

Oh you get killed a couple of times. Over dramatic and overly sensitive. Either log in during the event or don’t.

This event should affect the entire world.

13 Likes

So the new class in SL is drama queen? I knew we’d get a new class.

24 Likes

Best bet is to just not log-in or put yourself in whatever rare safe space exists in-game if you choose not to participate. It’d be silly to see people running around in Org or Zuld just immune from everything.

Edit: People who use the word “punished” when discussing video games needed to be slapped harder in their childhoods.

5 Likes

I wish I knew that pandemics were optional.

This isn’t PvP.
It’s a limited event. It’s supposed to be overwhelming, to stress the gravity of the events happening. There are already fail safes even on the PTR, namely the plague doesn’t go beyond the cities at the moment, so if you want to go about your day you can teleport to BfA or Dalaran and the debuff goes away and doesn’t follow you.

11 Likes

They probably are ok with it as long as you’ve already paid your sub for the month.

8 Likes

Just get out of the major cities. If you are just hanging around there you are not playing anyways.

6 Likes

Pre-patch is a PvE event. Shocker, right?

8 Likes

i want a meta achievement for 100k kills with a zombie blow!

5 Likes

Blizzard must ignore the crying people here, and go full ham with this event. This is the WORLD of Warcraft, it’s not a single player game where you just sit in a garrison and collect resources.

No compromises, full stop, give us the plague in its entirety.

21 Likes

They went full ham before Wrath and hopefully this is 2.0.

4 Likes

Why do you have such a hard time embracing the chaos. It’s a limited time event. Get into the RPG of it. The Helm of Domination is broken … which was the only thing holding back the scourge. The scourge is loose now and hell is breaking loose.

You’re worried about “being ganked”? LOL, that is 100% the point of a scourge invasion. You’re supposed to be ganked. Relax, stop taking yourself so seriously and laugh it off. Embrace the RPG and go gank others. It will be over soon and you can back to normal play.

22 Likes

And it should give the title: “Of the Scourge”!!!

7 Likes