The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

THAT IS THE POINT OF THE EVENT.

Nevermind the fact that there will be player-groups of Ghouls coordinating to lock down everwhere they can with Plague, NPC Ghouls will be swarming around too.

1 Like

Whine post 5374484 already. Going to find you as a zombie and bite you over and over

AnD oVeR AnD oVer!

3 Likes

Can’t bite me if I don’t exist.

Grats on the outplay, I guess.

my god

seriously, you don’t deserve nice things

1 Like

Can’t tell, are you for or against opt-in with this?

You are vastly overestimating how many ghouls there are going to be after the first couple days.

3 Likes

You are vastly underestimating how crafty griefers can be.

There aren’t that many griefers while there are so many zones.

Perhaps not, but why allow anything like that at all?

A simple opt-in would solve all of these issues. All of them. Just have a little prompt that reads ‘Are you sure you want to skip this World Event? You’ll forfeit any rewards in doing so.’ Click. Done.

The alternative is that ‘Log Off’ button gets slapped and doesn’t get un-slapped for however long this nonsense goes.

1 Like

Not what they said. There is no griefing so long as their is a PvP solution. You have one. Kill the zombies. That is their official stance on this over the time. So people ruining your fun is acceptable so long as you have a PvP solution.

2 Likes

I have another solution too. Log off. Ends your ganking ‘fun’ all the same.

You do have that option if you so choose it. Although it seems weird when there is other easier solutions like using your flying mount, or doing your city business in towns which the zombies can’t get to. You know the quests people are so worried about? They are in North rend and I have yet to see any zombies there.

1 Like

Because if I want to level an alt, I have Flying. And Northrend access. And a Garrison.

Gee, I didn’t know they handed that stuff out to lowbies so early!

So the zombie lockdown of Shattrath during the plague event was griefing then?

1 Like

If there was no PvP solution by their definition it would seem so yeah.

There wasn’t. Bug with the event let the zombies be affected by the sanctuary status. But the aoe plague thing could infect npcs.

Seriously? Lowbies? Don’t play an alt for 2 weeks that isn’t a huge loss. This is like the smallest of gripes possible specially in a world where the expansion comes with a free boost.

3 Likes

From what i saw when i clicked on person getting mobbed by zombie 1st night was they where pvp flaged. Now does that mean you have to flag or what.

You can always just que for random BGs and just tool around in there. You dont have to actually attack anyone and if your side wins its gravy. If you dont win it will piss off the pvpers

If only they were changing the leveling system to let low level characters level wherever they wanted after the tutorial zone.

Maybe Blizzard should add that to the pre-patch!

3 Likes