The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

… Where zombies can still go, spread the disease, and still affect players that don’t want to deal with the plague.

Again, difference?

That’s what the ‘log off’ button is for, then.

There was more than the plague. There were necropolis attacks you rushed to too and that’s what you got the rewards from.

1 Like

Neither is being the target of a war but it’s an opt in experience in WoW.

As Sloppynacho said just put it in warmode, that’s where the PvP belongs so put it there.

3 Likes

Then you don’t get to opt out of my endless pet battles.

Get ready, 'cause I’ve got a level 14 Thor headed your way.

Nothing like the scourge event happened for Legion. Those “invasions” (while I did enjoy them) were just scripted events that happened at predetermined times and in predetermined zones. Not the same at all.

World events should affect everyone.

2 Likes

Neither is warmode being “opt in” lore friendly, but we have the option regardless.

1 Like

I can’t participate unless I’m playing a specific race. In the actual event anyone can participate.

pet battles isn’t a story event. Nice straw man.

2 Likes

There was one thing in the Legion launch that was nowhere near the scope of the wrath thing where you could choose to be corrupted by the legion, but you had a choice and it wasn’t anywhere near as contagious.

All of you crying about the event really need to get over it.

That’s all there is to say really.

An Opt-in scourge event sounds so horribly stupid.

4 Likes

Yall ready to lag?

According to whom?

Channels her inner Tidus

This is MY story!

If there aren’t rewards, I don’t care to do it.

There should be safe areas though. Priests/paladins radiating a massive aura around designated areas for people to take refuge in not to mention coordinated efforts to cleanse infected. Even in a true zombie apocalypse scenario, you bet your britches marshal law would quickly go into effect and safe areas for survivors and the military/important people be carved out and protected to the nth degree.

1 Like

I wish I could opt-out of covid, and riots blocking my streets :frowning: Stupid pandemics and brainless masses.

1 Like

Did you read the dark whispers section? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s the idea of players becoming the bad guy to kill over players for a short while.

While Wrath, and Legion’s dark whispers are different in theme’s (One’s scourge and the other is legion), the idea is the same.

During Wrath’s pre-patch there was many places you could go to get away from it. Again this is Blizzard so who knows this time around. I think though there will be places where you’d have no idea it was happening. Also once you turned into an zombie, you couldn’t mount so going real far isn’t that much of a threat.

except it’s not. It’s Blizzards story. If you want your story go make your own game.

4 Likes

Seriously, putting in a way to actually fight back against it this time would be a massive improvement.

In the actual event, everyone is forced to participate, you mean.

The problem is I can’t create a scenario that shows why that’s bad because you don’t think that’s bad.

Which is why I say, fight me in Pet Battles. For two weeks straight.