The pixar movie Elemental

This movie got slammed by critics , but I felt I had to see it cause I am a huge pixar fan. Yes, it has cliche jokes, but it is supposed to be watched by 9 year olds, not 40 year old critics. The story has a nice flow to it, with an old world vibe going on and even if you don’t care for the plot, the movie is just beautiful to look at.
I picked a hard copy up at the supermarket, but it will probably stream good as well.
I guess the overall message I took away from it is sometimes you need to compromise to get what you want and we don’t do that nearly enough anymore.

It was a cute movie, but not their best.

IMO, it has done a lot of tropes before without much innovation. The concept of prejudice and discrimination between different types of people has been done for a long time. Zootopia wasn’t the first to make a society of prejudicial animals, but it was praised for its relevancy to recent times (though I believe that society has been and will always be prejudicial). I think there have been movies done about sapient elements before. Nevertheless, it was more fun for its animation and art style, but not for groundbreaking storytelling.

Funny you see a discrimination exercise, but the thing that stuck out to me was the father employing " the customer is always right " sales tactic.
So he gives away a few sparklers and in this case , saves the shop from being ransacked and hours of crying kid aggravation.
When i worked in a shop ages ago , you let things like the " free mouse pad " go and while the customer is pleased about the " free mouse pad" victory , you sell him a one year service contract.
That is how the trick has always worked for years and years and some of the new salesmen these days don’t get it.
And you see pop fire elemental working the customers thus.
So our inventory was off maybe 50 mouse pads a year , but that usually was balanced by at least 35 service contracts, touches nose and winks.

Well, the reason it was slammed by critics because this isn’t an excuse. There have been plenty of movies, from Pixar, that are considered good by people from all age groups.

I enjoyed seeing Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc. and WALL-E with my child.