The Pantheon of Draenor, Anzu and the Arakkoa

So, after reading Chronicles: Volume 2 (Draenor) ages ago, I came to have more of an appreciation to Anzu lore, and I found it rather sad how his story came to an end.
Though he was slain to lift the binding on him that was forcing him to attack the Emerald Dream for those whakjob outcasts, do you think it would be possible for Anzu’s spirit to make it to the Emerald Dream & someday be revived in Azeroth?

I think his presence would add more of a boon to Azeroth in days to come considering a scroll in Alternate Universe Draenor reads ‘He would converse with the Gods of the Abyss, and he would find them dull, witless creatures.’ indicating he’d communed with the Void Lords and considered them ‘Meh’ lol.

Example of Anzu’s opinion to Void Lords -

Anzu: Allow me to clarify to you Void Lords ~ In a sequentially ranked hierarchy, based on level of critical importance, the disparity between us is too vast to quantify. {Looks over at Rukhmar} Rukhmar?
Rukhmar: The Raven lord thinks you’re basic. ’

On top of which, in consideration to Allied races too -

Most of the Arakkoa society in Outland (What’s left that we know of our universe’s Draenor) was destroyed & killed when the Spires of Arak broke off the continent. I mean if we found the Spires & remains of Draenor from the torn apart world & thriving civilisations that would be cool but I doubt it.
I’d like to see the champions of Azeroth finding out about Anzu in the dream (Or a special realm of death given lore-easter eggs lately, sipping Pina-Coladas with Shadra) - going to revive him & seek him out for help, perhaps making a deal with him to save what’s left of the Arakkoa society and bring them to Azeroth in return for his aid.

There’s multiple stories Blizzard could work with around with this. I for one would be very intrigued.
Perhaps we revive Anzu, find the spirit of Rhukmar (Anzu’s love interest) & then together with them and Aviana restore the Outcast Arakkoa’s form / achieve Allied race with them so they can ‘find their place’ amongst Azeroth.

As always please feel free to post your thoughts, ideas and so forward bellow. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ooh and then arakkoa druids

2 Likes

If they do become Allied playable races, having their racial leaders as Anzu, Rukhmar and allowing Aviana too (if she assists them) - would be cool. Personally I find the fact of them having Wild Gods / A Pantheon as their racial leaders to be more aesthetically intriguing & mystically pleasing.

Especially if they later play a larger part in Lore (Light / Void, Life / Death).

2 Likes

Yeah I want to see what came of that, are there already arakkoa flying around the emerald dream?

No, but Aviana had her own descended race the Harpies whom were susceptible to corruption and violence (Such as the Emerald Nightmare) and more.

Given she’s a Wild God though, associated with flight - Say there was the questline with Anzu and Rukhmar, I’d like to imagine them ‘sensing’ another much like they had felt when interacting with the other God of the skies from their world - Sethe, but alas more noble than Sethe and when sought out, the three forge an Empire split amongst three Continents in Azeroth for the Arakkoa people to thrive and find their place in the new world, much like the Orcs or Draenei:

• Rukhmar watching over their people across Stranglethorn vale, amongst The Eastern Kingdoms.
  • Anzu watching over from Ashenvale in Kalimdor.
  • Aviana watching over from Val’Sharah in The Broken Isles.

Arakkoa have their own culture, knowledge, and architecture (With glass surfaces / bright sheeted cloths & leathers like with Skyreach). Merely introducing them, as an Allied race would be simple if they apply content, lore and acknowledgement to the right areas. Also I think it would be best if they were introduced as a neutral race (Like Pandaren) to choose their own path of whom to associate with.

Though this post was mostly intended for Rukhmar & Anzu to be reuinited and brought into Azeroth as an additional Pantheon to Azeroth’s collection of Deities and Legends.

1 Like

People are too hellbent on High-Elves, and complaining how the game is ‘dead’ in the General Discussion tab to have anything intellectual and any consideration for real lore or potential.
But personally, yeah I think that’d be great. I’d think having some of the Arakkoa retaining the cursed form for X reasons would be alright so the played could choose.
We could get a few more races from Outland too, such as the Broken (Draenei) and maybe way later down the track Ethereals (Perhaps …).
As for the Lore with Anzu and Rukhmar, I feel that could be a good set up for some things down the line …

2 Likes

To be honest, we know what happened to the Anzu of OUR timeline, but not of the one from the alternate timeline.

Always liked Anzu, and frankly wish Shadow Priest had doubled down on Shadow Ravens and Arakkoa Shadow Magic, rather than sprouting tentacles and going insane. The Talon Priests were total beasts. As cool as he was though, we should make a new thread probably.

1 Like

I feel the opportunity to bring Anzu (From Original Draenor / Outland) into the fold, through the Emerald Dream would be a good thing to get nostalgia vibes rolling again and introduce some new strong characters in motion.
I’m kind of sick of ‘The Player’ being the central focus of the story - as much as they are (Sure, a little is okay but it’s starting to become overkill), and recycling the same Horde or Alliance characters (Which is another reason to why I think people enjoy Wrathion so much, given he’s neither & a fresh concept of a strong character fleshed into the lore).

Yeah, just uh… one TEENSY, tiny little problem with that…

We’re literally using his corpse as a mount.

Well, not really. Players can ride ‘Raven Lord’ but that could necessarily be any children of his race.

Besides, corpse or no; Wild Gods can come back via through the Twisting Nether, Void, Realms of death or even the Emerald Dream. There’s multiple venues for Anzu to come back in full glory.

2 Likes

I would like to see not only Anzu but also Rukhmar being included, since she was the original creator of the arakkoas to honor Anzu!

2 Likes

Q’onzu! Q’onzu!