The Pace of content release should not be set by the 1%

Stay mad, dadgamers

But…but…the streamers and their slavish minions must be catered to and appeased!

You assumed:

1. The group of people is small;
  2. Blizzard is trying to appeal to them rather than just claiming it because Dire Maul happens to be ready;
  3. That Classic is meant to provide a Vanilla “experience” rather than just Vanilla content and mechanics; and
  4. No reasons exist that might provide justification for alterations.

None of these are notably proven.

1 Like

You must be a joy and parties and the apple of your mothers eye…

FFS…

1 Like

Doesn’t really matter anyways if the group is big or small. It’s still no reason to make changes.

Good point. There could be another reason they’re releasing Dire Maul early. Perhaps it’s to compensate for the European vanilla experience where they basically started out with Dire Maul. I could live with this.

This has been said by Blizzard officials every other time they’ve ever discussed Classic in an interview. They love saying they’re dedicated to an authentic vanilla experience. It’s like their catch phrase.

Those always seem to be in the context of actual game mechanics. The best statement I can find is here:

Where the intent is simply to hold on to Dire Maul for “a while.” The priority is that “Our focus is still primarily on player power-progression, but we’re also aiming to capture what it felt like to play in a realm community in original WoW.”

Even here, feelings are tacked on to the primary goal.

Well, it has been made very clear that Blizzard is interested in one thing. Their bottom line. I’m not sure why anyone should expect anything less. If you’re expecting anything different than taking another ride on the hamster wheel, then you haven’t been paying attention.

1 Like

^^ this man speaks the “tru tru”

If it doesn’t matter, then they should just release all of the content now.

Specious thinking at it’s finest.

I’m gonna let you all argue about this while I finish some quests in Elwynn and save some silver to upgrade my armor before I head off to Westfall.

The pace of content hopefully will mean BC servers in a year.

It’s not. It’s most likely set by the money flow of subscribers (and it also being Blizzards game to do with as they please).

I argued for that from the first. :slight_smile:

it further scatters the playerbase before it has a chance to grow and develop

Exactly… trying to use the logic of it doesn’t matter… why not just release Classic with TBC and LK expacs already active… I mean you can just level in the classic world and raid and do dungeons there and it doesn’t matter what other content there is right?

Some of you are real genius’s with this crap…

I’ll admit this decision makes me regret taking my time with leveling. If I had known that the release schedule was going to be quickened based on the upper end of the curve, I would have spent less time taking in sights and more time actually grinding out levels.

I’m not…you know, OUTRAGED over this. I don’t expect it to heavily impact me, but it does leave a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

2 Likes

Did some one forget dire maul was originally going to be released at classic launch? But then blizz broke the phases up a bit further?

1 Like

DM isn’t that big of a deal honestly, even without DM gear you can get enough gear from dungeons to basically skip MC entirely and head straight into BWL. my guild killed ragnaros in 1 phase with no world buffs and most of us are in blues.

1 Like

Yeah I mean I can see that with the dungeon specifically. However, I can still see how people are getting upset because it could mean quickening of releases in general.

It doesn’t really affect me personally because if I miss MC whatever, I’ve done it, both in vanilla and when they did they rerelease event and got the crown/mount, but it would be nice if they didn’t let the 1% of nolifers dictate what’s released when, I think is what the issue is.

1 Like