The Opposite of Paladin Is... Rogue

But then it becomes easy to make any comparison, right?

Following your idea:

‘Both are knights, use heavy swords, heavy armor…’

This means that the opposite you want is not just in the universe, but in everything.

So mages are the opposite of warriors, lol.

That’s not how it works… the image from the book you showed, works in this way: it contains the ORIGINS of each cosmic force, but just because one cosmic force is close to another doesn’t mean they have the same origin or are almost equal.

For example: when Alleria got close to Sylvanas, the VOID entity inside her whispered that the enemy was in front of her, the TRUE enemy.

So, could we say that the direct enemy of the cosmic force ‘death’ is the ‘void’? It depends…

What we can logically say is that death is one of the forces that can have some enemies, and its DIRECT counterpart is what counters it and is countered back - that’s why many think that LIGHT is its counterpart, or in this case, life, or everything that is pro-life.

Bcause light counters death, like, priest have a spell that just lock, LOCK, undead enemies - only undead enemies - not humans, not ferals, not dragon-kind, just undeads…why ? because holy power counters death magic and vice versa.

:coughs in warlock:

Quoted for truth.

hmm…fair enough but the priest tier with the blood red wings or void wings is still quite cool. Hoping I can complete the red set before TWW…just need the pants and hat… I’ll collect the purple tint at a later time

Lore-wise, it’s Shaman, historical Horde class vs. historical Alliance class.

The primitive elements vs. the venerated, established light.

Gameplay-wise, yeah I’d say Rogue.

The opposite of a Paladin is a Death Knight.

1 Like

I thought that too, but they’re more similar than not.

Both plate classes, can tank, 2h-users, and have a free mount summon.

The only difference is the magic, and I think void magic is more counter to the light than death magic.

I’d say a druid is closer to opposite of a DK.

Agree, even the sound effects are opposite.

Paladin - BOOOONG DONG! SHWANG DONG! BAAAAAAUNNNNNGGG BOOOONG DONG DONG BOOOOOOOOOOONG!
Rogue - SISSISTTSISTISTISS CRACK! SISISITSISTISISIS poke poke.

Paladins were literally created for the purposes of countering Death Knights. Having similarities doesn’t mean much… they’re polar opposites.

It’s the typical “good vs evil”

2 Likes

In fact as we’ve learned in Shadowlands, the Light and Death are closer than anyone thought.

“Mortis. Lumen. Ordus. Rhythm and structure. Vitae. Umbra. Tumult. Improvisation and possibility.”

1 Like

Yeah, I’m moreso referring to WoW’s own cosmology chart thingy. It’s canon, supposedly.

1 Like

The new lore is so bad.

But following that, until there is a void knight… I stand by DK being the closest, shadow priest would be a closer counter part than the others named.

We’re also use anything but Subtlety, do you see how that judgment POPS

1 Like

But Paladins are knights, and knight isn’t the opposite of knight.

So a Void Knight wouldn’t be the opposite of a Paladin, only the Void counterpart of a Paladin.

That’s why I argue that Rogues are the true opposites of Paladins. Not only do they use Shadow Magic (mostly in Subtletly Spec, but there’s some Shadow Magic on the Base Rogue spells as well), they are also the most unknight Class there is with their crime spells and subterfuge.

:man_facepalming:

Both of them being knights doesn’t mean they aren’t polar opposites, they’re counter-parts to one another.

DK then maybe a shadow priest is the closest thing, unless of course they add a void knight or something.

To me, rogue makes no sense as a counter-part to paladins.

Yes, it does. Knight isn’t the opposite of knight.

A Paladin is basically a Light Knight. So in order to have a TRUE opposite of a Paladin, it needs to be the opposite of Light and the opposite of Knight.

IMHO that’s a Shadow Knave, AKA a Rogue.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
Ok.

Agree to disagree, rogue makes no sense at all to me.

1 Like

This thread is insulting :rage:.