The only way to fix faction imbalance

LOL, epic bgs are such a joke. XD

You made me laugh. Kudos to you

This is the main reason I am advocating for making the problem worse, the devs said they dont want to remove the faction divide and let us play together and keep ignoring the huge issue of faction imbalance.

Only way to get their attention is to make the problem worse to the point there’s more problems caused by it and therefore more complaints and people leaving.

Well, if everyone were to swap then there would be problems caused by it. Thankfully that isn’t the case.

No.

The people who are still alliance are them because they like it.

The the reasons people play horde are not things I play for.

Alliance aesthetics and cities are things I can stand to see.

1 Like

unless you’re mythic raiding (or doing high m+ keys), the imbalance people are so concerned about doesn’t really affect you.

the mythic raid population is largely hordeside. That’s the crux of the problem.

At the end of the tier, it will likely be one guild bigger :confused:

Time to make the problem even worse than the above so people in denial have to make even more extreme mental gymnastics to pretend there is no problem.

All I can do is go off what I see I have one alliance on Proudmoore and one horde on thrall…that are raid ready

The difference in pugs LFG looking for keys 2 to 10 is freaking night and day…double some times Triple the people looking for groups in LFG on horde side compared to alliance and hell of a lot more LFG for normal and heroic EP on horde side then alliance

2 Likes

The 50% win rate for normal BGs sounds about right. I’m at about 60% (or close to it) win rate last I checked.

Add more panda’s that will fix imbalance?

:panda_face:

1 Like

Once again even if this was true you can queue as Horde without faction changing so go ahead and enjoy your fictional %90 win rate queuing as Horde and after a month let us know how that works out for you.

1 Like

I have to ask this simple question. What would even remotely encourage people to move away from the Horde when -everyone- is on one side? Likelihood is that Blizzard would cut their losses and make PvP group its own players of their factions against themselves.

The Faction Imbalance is never going to go the opposite direction as we’re already in a snowball effect. More functional Raiding and PVP is on the Horde side. More populations on the Horde side. Hell, just having a greater social environment is enough to draw the masses. While the Alliance will be left the roaches who refuse to play the other side.

WoW is going to meet an Apex when Alliance PvE queues become a pain to group in. And Horde PvP queues become unbearable due to the lack of Alliance to fight against. When development just becomes a chore for Alliance (which BFA already proves to be so.) but a passion project for Horde.

Well it did snowball from Vanilla to Today but I took off from the end of WoD to the end of Legion. I have read and been told it was because of the racial changes and people finally adapted to BE models. Would the removal of racial abilities allowing people to pick the avatar of their liking by removing class restrictions fix a dying population?

Nope. Nobody would give up having EVERYBODY on the same side as them to being alone on the other faction.

Likely not, because removing racials would, while encourage play an aesthetic. It’ll just come down to a quality of life choice. The Alliance might see a slight spark of life, but will easily dwindle when the needs of progress is simply not there.

Play Alliance, a severely lacking community that has very little to offer for those seeking WoW’s pinnacle progression options in PvP & PvE?

or Play Horde, who’s community is bigger and thrives in the PvP and PvE environments? Most, if not all experienced Raid/PVP groups are on the Horde side?

Then we’ll come to the question of why even factions exist to begin with?

The same issue was there for Horde until WoTLK. I play both sides and always have but… it was a reason for Blizzard to release BE’s. They figured out it was because of the models horde had to offer. Now, I will be making me a Vulpera and be playing Horde this expansion. I do feel Alliance is going to lose even more of their population.

It would make it worse, M+ player would have no reason to play Night Elves anymore and human relentless will no longer be relevant, meanwhile Horde just have to stay with their bigger PVE/P community.

ATM Alliance racial is far stronger than Horde.

The Horde from Classic to Wrath had a difficult journey. A poor leveling experience and niche options for looks. There was also the lack of Paladins who were very powerful. But the Horde slowly got better over time with the addition of Shaman/Paladin; coming to a good standing come Cataclysm which further added options.

Blizzard gave more and more love to the Horde, which after Wrath of the Lich King; the Alliance lost their luster. There’s a slight preference in development for the Horde which has become far more evident as time went on. With the Alliance getting little to no changes, or nerfed roughly to lose their purpose.

Eh… Not really. The only “Strong” racial is Shadowmeld. The rest of the Alliance racials are extremely Niche and some don’t work despite their purpose fulfilling so. EMFH, Escape Artist, Fireblood/Stoneform. These are all racials that depend on a specific debuff to remove to see effective use. Sometimes these racials will not work because the mechanic is crucial for the fight.

The Horde has racials that can be used in all manners of content. Numerical buffs like Beserking or Blood Fury are short, but easily flexible regardless of class. While other racials like Arcane Torrent, Bull Charge, or War Stomp can completely negate mechanics or problems all together.

(Uldir - Prophet Zul is a grand example of Blood Elves becoming meta.)

The Alliance racials require very specific scenarios. The Horde’s racials are far more forgiving and free-form.

Yeah, Escape Artist is nothing like it use to be. If it removed all slowing, snare, traps , etc. it would be OK. Nothing to gloat about thats for sure.

Or you could just dont deal with hard pull and go Night Elves.

Just in case you didn’t know this, Zul is a freebie boss, he’s never been a wall boss where Arcane torrent is so essential to your progression.

Wut? Alot of BiS came off that SOB.