The Not So Secret life of the Hivemind

Not getting it. As some have stated before, the fact that I can’t carry my friends unless they’re with me when I first get the mount makes it virtually useless for me. It is no longer worth jumping through all the hoops to get :[

3 Likes

Getting it was fun as all the riddle stuff generally is but I was pretty disappointed that you can only use it as a transport vehicle with the party you were in when you looted the mount at the last part of the riddle. Not sure why that restriction exists otherwise I would probably use this mount waaaaay more often.

4 Likes

I haven’t. It’s really not a model I like, and I don’t really collect mounts so I’m not likely to go try and get it unless I’m invited along by friends, but they don’t seem to want it either. It’s too bad cause I was there for every step of lucid nightmare and it was fun trying to figure out the puzzle part.

Why is my stormscale so hard to get?

Don’t have it and don’t want it too ugly.

1 Like

Have it, but never use it for what it can do to be perfectly honest.

Actually it was a lot of fun. The last puzzle fried us haha.

I was keen for it and got 3 monocles, but finding a group this late has been too annoying so I gave up.

1 Like

So the Lucid Nightmare, Riddler’s Mind-Worm, Baal, Waist of Time and Hivemind are all created by the same Faction?

What is the goal of the Mind Seekers?

THIS is why I won’t waste my time getting it.

2 Likes

The specific group restriction was an objectively poor and mean-spirited design decision, but I’m pretty sure Blizzard won’t do that again, if only because they’re probably never going to make another secret group mount again.

5 Likes

I love the mount but it will never be on task bar because it’s useless. It takes up way too much real estate on my screen for no benefit.

1 Like

My family got this mount so we could quest together. One son has problems that make piloting a mount difficult, and there are usually five of us playing, so this was going to be great fun.

As soon as we got it the restriction was added that people could only group up on it on the actual toons that earned it. I have 100 toons and the rest of my family has over 100 between them, so do you think we are ever grouping on those particular 5 again?

This change was a real kick in the guts and defeated our reasons for doing all that work. I’m disgusted with Blizzard.

6 Likes

The HoO puzzle was fun. Can’t believe some people used an addon for it, lol.

The rest of it was the usual “wait for other people to figure it out” kind of thing. The jumping puzzle made no sense.

Lucid Nightmare was cooler because it was something you could achieve solo. Hivemind just feels like a waste of time because it requires finding randos to get it.

5 Likes

I think in the future, allow it to be solo and group content. I think the puzzles themselves were really cool, just not worth all the headache with groups and such >.>

1 Like

I got it but it’s intended use is a complete waste. I did it with 3 random other people and my wife, the other 3 who we never saw again, and it’s just a normal mount for my wife and me to give each other a ride in which were happy, especially 10% buff but the design behind it failed due to having it locked to the people you ran it with, this should have been known ahead of time.

5 Likes

Exactly! I preferred its look when it was Yogg’s brain, but would’ve considered getting it had it just been a normal any-5-people mount. They could fix it to make it such, but they’re not. So I’m not getting it, and I’m a mount collector.

5 Likes

Got it was a 5hr waste of time for a mount only the people i did it with can ride and none of them play cause they quit BETA FOR AZEROTH

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t even know this - did all of it up till the group thing and gave up. I’m NOT a “group” person, I enjoy being a loner. I just wanted the thing because it’s a cool-looking mount. Too bad I’ll never have the opportunity to own one…

I have it. I liked the experience of obtaining it. I liked the mount for the first few hours I had it. Then the hotfix happened that prevented anyone but the 4 random pugs that I’ll never see again from using it with me. And that killed the magic. Haven’t used it since.

4 Likes

Why?

When are you planning on taking it away?

1 Like